Where do I start?

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by slthree, Mar 3, 2018.

1. slthree

slthree

I've been playing this game for months and have never been online because I never wanted to ruin other people's experience. My concern was that I want good enough to stay out of trouble

I'm not going to be an online star by any means. But, I think I can race clean enough to join the online community and not ruin anyone's experience.

Is there a safe, clean, rookie place to start online? I don't care if I win or come in last. I just want to mix it up with real people.

Thanks

DynamicGT likes this.
  2. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin (Banned)

Check out the SNAIL Racing League for some of the cleanest racing on GTPlanet. Our mission is to provide our members with clean, intense, and competitive racing - regardless of skill level! We believe that providing full grids of evenly-matched competition is the most realistic way to race, improve skill, and refine race craft.

Spec racing ensures that success is determined primarily by driving skill and not by differences in power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill. It also produces intense battles for position because everyone in the same car which is equally strong or weak in the different areas of the track. Plus, you'll never spend hours tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Our league night is Sunday at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please check us out to learn more about us and how to join.

www.snailracing.org or www.gtplanet.net/snail

Javier305 and zer05ive like this.
  3. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281 Premium

Check out the WRS. There are offline time trials and online races.

It is great for all driver levels. From rookies to veterans. Does not matter how fast you are. There is a place for everyone.

Koutch_Pro and alexamenos like this.
  4. DynamicGT

DynamicGT

5. paoloevans

paoloevans

Hi.

I host the odd endurance race here on gtplanet for drivers of all levels. There is a race this Friday evening here on thus forum. Its the Nurburgring GP 100 Miles. (You'll find it in this section).

The races are designed to be fun for everyone. Your most welcome to join us!

BigJimmy likes this.
  6. bdubclub

bdubclub

How about sport mode? Race A this week is GR4 at Fuji, a nice wide track in the slower cars should give plenty of room to get used to online play. I’m sure it won’t be as clean and professional as the guys listed above, but you will be able to race many more races, which is how you will become a better online driver. Also it’s fun to be able to track your driving stats progressing from E rank up to A+. One more thing you can do is check the daily race thread, lots of sport mode junkies in there always uploading videos and giving race reports, so you can see what you are getting into.
    Good luck man, you are about to enter the best part of sim racing, online play.

7. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

potvinsuks, TexasJDC and zer05ive like this.
  8. Ares85

Ares85

9. TexasJDC

TexasJDC

Hey man there are some really great leagues on this forum I havent found a bad one yet, alot of the guys who run series will also run practices I know ARL practices almost nightly IRS 86 series has a practice tonight and snail racing has practice thursday nights the only pointer I have is run a practice with the guys in the series/leagues your looking at joining and sign up for the ones you are enjoying

Nick Cannella likes this.
  10. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Great advice here....

TexasJDC likes this.
  11. Majson83

Majson83

Similar to the OP really, will be checking some of the links out, american leagues prolly not for me given the time difference. Just looking to get into more online racing, wont be winning anything but sick of doing other games where 1st corner you get smashed off, accidents happen but destruction derby is another thing entirely

TexasJDC likes this.
  12. TexasJDC

TexasJDC

I would try snailracing.org or even IRS 86 series if your just starting out trying to league race

Nick Cannella and DesertPenguin like this.
  13. Majson83

Majson83

Snail sounds great but eing english the times wont work sadly, i'd be racing at 1 and 2am :D

TexasJDC likes this.
  14. TexasJDC

TexasJDC

Very understandable

Majson83 likes this.