Where do I win a car worth 250,000 credits early in the game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cheyita
  • 27 comments
  • 3,125 views
Messages
1
I was told if I buy the HPA Stage II and go race a certain series with it, I can win a car worth 250,00 credits and keep winning the car after clearing the race then sell the cars for the credits to buy better cars? What series of races? I was also told it a guaranteed win due to the fact this car is faster then the others.
 
cheyita
I was told if I buy the HPA Stage II and go race a certain series with it, I can win a car worth 250,00 credits and keep winning the car after clearing the race then sell the cars for the credits to buy better cars? What series of races? I was also told it a guaranteed win due to the fact this car is faster then the others.

The race is: "special condition" "costa di amalfi",(second, from top of list) (easy, 2 laps+reverse).
Note: In this race, if you hit a wall or the oppenent's car, you will get a 5 seconds penalty. With the HPA, it will be way too easy to win.
If you have the "ia license", you might want to do the "european" "german touring car", even in "director's mode", with a good car and in about 40 minutes (5 races) you can get a Mercedes racing car that you can sell for 743.000+ cr. + 150.000 cr. for winning championship.
thumbsup.gif
 
I suggest the german touring car cup, as the costa de amafia is boring to do over and over again, but if u need $$$ quik, then it's the only race to do.
 
Yes a tuned CLK Touring car easily wins it (when the Alfa is the pack leader at least).
 
schwarzald liga b (in euro hall) gives you a car you can sell for just under 400k and you can b-spec it with a fairly crappy car (i'm using a 400hp m3 csl) and it doesn't take too long
 
phonypoly
The race is: "special condition" "costa di amalfi",(second, from top of list) (easy, 2 laps+reverse).
Note: In this race, if you hit a wall or the oppenent's car, you will get a 5 seconds penalty. With the HPA, it will be way too easy to win.
If you have the "ia license", you might want to do the "european" "german touring car", even in "director's mode", with a good car and in about 40 minutes (5 races) you can get a Mercedes racing car that you can sell for 743.000+ cr. + 150.000 cr. for winning championship.
thumbsup.gif

40 minutes? It only takes you 15 if you B-Spec it.
 
jamezracer
I suggest the german touring car cup, as the costa de amafia is boring to do over and over again, but if u need $$$ quik, then it's the only race to do.

well the costa de amafia takes about 10 minutes whereas the deutsche series takes about 12 minutes(skip first race, do last 4 in b-spec 3x speed). you make at least 500,000 more in the german series for only 2 minutes longer; sounds like a better deal.
 
Great way to ruin a great gaming experience by playing like this from scratch. I already owned 40 cars with 400 hp or less before I got the better cars myself....
 
Hello, Cheyita. This is John. Welcome to GTPlanet.

As I have learned, the moment you begin to win races in the Special Conditions Events, you begin to get some really good cars. And don't forget, what you unlock or buy in GT Mode, you can race the untuned version of that car in Arcade Mode, so you can race to your heart's delight, anytime you want.

Speaking of the HPA Motorsports R32 Golf, I have a weird story. When I raced the Hot Rod championship in the American Races, I entered the R32 Golf, as it was registered as an American car. When I raced, I thought that I would have a 150+ A-Spec race. As it turned out, I blew out everyone! How badly? One race, I led by 26 seconds, another, I led for 30 seconds. It's a hot rod, for sure!

I don't think I did too well with the HPA Motorsports R32 Golf in the Special Condition races, so if you manage to do well in your racing to get an expensive car, more power to you. But if you want good cars, tune your car very well or have a great machine to take to the Special Condition races. For Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi, and George V Paris, you don't need a rally car, dirt tires, or snow tires. So go get 'em, Cheyita, you dig me?
 
I tried racing the German Touring Car Race again, and it never asked me if I wanted to clear my game. Can you win the CLK over, and over again?

I like the El Capitan Enduro. It takes 40 minutes of doing nothing in B-Spec, except changing the speed after pits, and earns you nearly one million credits each time. 250,000 for the win and 740,000+ for the prize car.
 
Solid Lifters
I tried racing the German Touring Car Race again, and it never asked me if I wanted to clear my game. Can you win the CLK over, and over again?

I like the El Capitan Enduro. It takes 40 minutes of doing nothing in B-Spec, except changing the speed after pits, and earns you nearly one million credits each time. 250,000 for the win and 740,000+ for the prize car.

I never thought of and "endurance" race as "quik" cash, but I suppose your right 👍

and you get a nice supply of minoltas too:) as long as u don't sell them, wait, that's the point :dunce:
 
I tried racing the German Touring Car Race again, and it never asked me if I wanted to clear my game. Can you win the CLK over, and over again?

Yes. It's only the single race things you need to clear. If you're entering a championship, then you're entering a championship, and don't need to clear ahead of time.
 
hmmmm math time.

Costa di amalfi-- 2 races, any car is usable, cannot be b-speced-- 110secs per lap X2= 220X2= 440/60= 7mins 20 secs

credits earned- 5000X2= 10000+ 269450(i think 450)= 279450

German cup-- 5 races, only euro tour cars usable-- in a-spec takes about 40 minutes, b-spec about 20 mins.

credits earned- 15000x5=75000+75000= 150000+ 750000= 900000

theres a non biased look at it, both seem like pretty even money making ways,if you compare a-spec modes the costa rally race wins but in b-spec mode the german cup wins.
I like the costa because i can test cars ive never driven before and my garage will seem familiar.
 
Hi, I'm now doing the DTM race in B mode. I'm in fourth position at the moment, and on YES NOW I'M ON FIRST PLACE WOEHOE :P lol ;) But it is really fast money... I have about 20cars and I only did costa di amalfi... Earned like 3milion with it now.
 
just a thought to these $$$ races. I don't see the point, makes it way to easy to win cause u just kit out ur car. so far the only race I have repeated was the costa de amafia, and that's only cause I wanted to kit out my r32 for the point of it, did it 2 times, 1 for the $, the other cause i like the toyota rsc raid. I have also only baught 4 cars. most races u get more out of it then u put into winning it, so there is no need to repeat $$$ races. so far I have 2.7 million credits, all from simply using prize cars instead of buying new ones, sry guys, but i look down upon those who repeat races over and over when they don't need to, just so they can waste the $ on buying a car to enter another race, when they really don't need to, cause there is a decent car in their garage allready.
 
jamezracer
but i look down upon those who repeat races over and over when they don't need to, just so they can waste the $ on buying a car to enter another race, when they really don't need to, cause there is a decent car in their garage allready.

many apologies to you, oh gran turismo god, for not playing the game the way that you have so strictly advocated. who'd have thought that someone would want to purchase cars OTHER than prize cars, either for sentimental value or because they like them or because you can't win one as a prize car. or have some spare cash handy in case a rare car comes up in the used car lot. or to build powerful cars with custom suspension and rollcages because it's heaps of fun, especially to race with your friends in 2 player, and certainly beats driving a stock prizecar around the track because you can't afford anything else

everyone's entitled to their opinion, but if you look down one someone else because of the way they play an open-choice game the way THEY want, then i think you need an attitude adjustment
 
i did the stars n stripes (american series) very early on.... use dodge viper, u win a 250k car (cant remember what it is tho)
 
Hello! Can I ask a question: I have won Clk GTR98 on DTM races, and I haven`t sold it. So, If I go and win the DTM champ. again, I will have TWO (2) CLK GTRs in my garage? Did I get it right? That is a lot of cash :) lol
 
Puschkin
Hello! Can I ask a question: I have won Clk GTR98 on DTM races, and I haven`t sold it. So, If I go and win the DTM champ. again, I will have TWO (2) CLK GTRs in my garage? Did I get it right? That is a lot of cash :) lol
Yup, that's how it works.
 
being the VW fanatic that i am, i love the HPA r32, but im so disappointed they didnt put in the dahlback golf.

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english/bromsdata/golf.html

that was a while ago though, now they have it up to ~1100hp. :)

yea, the german touring cup is definitly the way to go, i did that a couple of times while watching TV and had more than enough to get myself ready for the races too come. I.E. Audi r8.
 
Super Jamie
many apologies to you, oh gran turismo god, for not playing the game the way that you have so strictly advocated. who'd have thought that someone would want to purchase cars OTHER than prize cars, either for sentimental value or because they like them or because you can't win one as a prize car. or have some spare cash handy in case a rare car comes up in the used car lot. or to build powerful cars with custom suspension and rollcages because it's heaps of fun, especially to race with your friends in 2 player, and certainly beats driving a stock prizecar around the track because you can't afford anything else

everyone's entitled to their opinion, but if you look down one someone else because of the way they play an open-choice game the way THEY want, then i think you need an attitude adjustment


sry, I think I used the wrong word choice. I meant to say somthing like "I disapprove of wasting time repeating races for no reason "I'm all for getting a car that u want, as long as there is a purpose, like a car with sentimental value ect, but if u rerun races just to buy a car that will serve u no purpose but to win a race of which u already had a car for ne way is pointless. didn't want to cause ne conflicts, just sharing my opinion. :guilty:
 
MSZ
40 minutes? It only takes you 15 if you B-Spec it.
I haven't yet figured out how to fast forward the race in B-spec
dopey.gif
??
Press something 3 times..???
indifferent.gif
 
lol the fast forward is shown at the bottom of the management screen.... L1 plus right twice

i dont think anyone needs loadsa cash to progress in GT4.... i just use my hpa golf on the capri rally (easy).... 2 races, 2 laps each.... whenever i need cash for modding....... plus its fun

no need to bugger about with the german race
 
phonypoly
I haven't yet figured out how to fast forward the race in B-spec
dopey.gif
??
Press something 3 times..???
indifferent.gif

Press R1 buring the race, and then L1 + left analog stick to set it in 3x.
 
Back