Where I Stand/Going for Platinum Trophy

• Thread starter Chris30
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
rising_glass1
1653181783837.png

Hello GT Community! I'm pretty sure most of you know who I am on here. I joined in August of 2021. So my one-year anniversary is coming up. Anyways, I usually like to be independent and not ask for help. But the online/sport mode makes it challenging. I managed to get all gold medals in the circuit experience and missions/driving school. And got all gold medals in the beginner/Amateur leagues in Campaign mode. And I have all gold in the Professional league except 2 silver. So 95% of campaign mode I've got all golds. The rest are silver. You can look at my replays/life log if you'd like to see what I've done. My profile name is rising_glass1.

Now sadly my dumb parents/grandparents neglected my health for about 20 years. It got to the point where I was real sick in 2017 up until late 2021. I didn't know about GT Sport until my friends told me about it in April of 2021, so I saved up and bought a copy of it in late May. I was hospitalized in the ER for 7 days with a life-threatening case. They had to give me 6 units of blood from someone else's body cause most of my levels were low. But now I am fully recoved and have been at home enjoying GT sport, I've made a lot of progress this past year and has been fun meeting all of you, I just wish I had started it in Oct 2019 when I bought my first ps4. But I can't dwell on the past.

Well the thing that I struggle with in this game is the monthly online time trials and the daily races. It used to be weekly, now thankfully it's monthly which gives me more time to qualify/get accustomed to the track. Well I'm gonna go back to every time trial event since the beginning(2018) and see if I can beat the top 10 times. I would probably have to search in the forum (GTS Online TT Discussion) to see what I missed over the past 2-3 years. Now I've got 3 more gold trophies to unlock the platinum trophy, my goal is to unlock that by 2024. That means i'll have to focus and put more dedication in on my laps ( doing at least 20 a day). I've only won 3 races out of 107. it'll take me forever at that rate, I need to step it up that's why I need help. Idk if the lobbies would help me. It's frustrating, I wish I had known about GTS back in 2018, I would gotten it and a ps4 back then, but I was focused on my health in 2017-2020 so I took my attention off it. Now I'm dragging and scrambling, it infuriates me cause of my irresponsible parents who should have gotten me treated then I could have been healthy and focused on GT but I can't sit here and bitch/dwell on the past cause it's getting me nowhere.

I'll post in the GTS online time trial and let you guys know if I beat any records from the fastest players. But that's down the road, I need any help from you guys, videos, ghosts, tips, charts, etc. What are the best Gr 3/Gr 4 cars to use in the daily B and C races and proper tuning setups? My name is Chris so you can call me that. Don't delete this forum, I want to keep it going, this can help other drivers that are struggling like me to get low, solid lap times. Anyways peace out, thanks!! I am posting replays like crazy so if you all want to look to see how I'm racing and what I'm doing wrong I'd appreciate it. And any of you who have placed in the top 10 of the online time trials from 2018 up until now, feel free to give me advice on each track challenge. I'm gonna do my very best, I want to be the best driver I can be!! Respond asap, I need help/assistance!

Last edited:
Damn dude, you're on fire.... I'm happy to help (Friend request sent). It seems you only need the online wins & pole position trophies. As a D rated player you're going to struggle with that, so let's hook up and I'll get you racing faster, but you have to promise to stop bitching about your parents.

Damn dude, you're on fire.... I'm happy to help (Friend request sent). It seems you only need the online wins & pole position trophies. As a D rated player you're going to struggle with that, so let's hook up and I'll get you racing faster, but you have to promise to stop bitching about your parents.
Thanks, if you have any friends that play this game as well that can teach me some tricks please, tell me. Maybe one day we can do a lobby race or time trial practice. The ghost times really help.

Good luck, man. If you’re after that platinum trophy you should really just focus on playing Sport mode. Online servers in GTS will definitely not be around by 2024. If I were to guess they’ll be going down towards the end of this year and once that’s happened the three Sport Mode trophies will be impossible.

Thanks for the advice. If I can set a goal to win at least 3-4 races a day i'll have over 300 wins by the end of September/October, that means I would have to study other players replays and try to match their low lap times. Now the 65 pole positions shouldn't be a hard trophy to crack either.

There are some technical aspects to online gaming that can help or hinder your performance. Helps massively, to get that right, in addition to single player lap times.

Well I do have a Youtube account where I can record videos on my Playstation. I press the share button and it can record any race/lap time trial, etc. I can post some videos later and show you guys how my driving is for each track and my daily races if you're interested in watching. Maybe you can tell me what I can do to improve on each course.

Back