• 8 comments

UKMikey

square left... rocks inside
Premium
United Kingdom
Grea'er Laandan
UKMikeyA
UKMikeyA
I was just wondering how come Codemasters have yet to announce a sequel to their Bafta-winning asphalt racer of 2008.

Perhaps it's because Ralph Fulton was heavily involved with the design and he's now at Playground? Either that or they're waiting for the next generation of consoles perhaps?

I guess that Project Gotham 5 rumour I heard about pre-E3 2012 has met with the same fate ie mass exodus to Playground.

I was just wondering how come Codemasters have yet to announce a sequel to their Bafta-winning asphalt racer of 2008.

Perhaps it's because Ralph Fulton was heavily involved with the design and he's now at Playground? Either that or they're waiting for the next generation of consoles perhaps?

I guess that Project Gotham 5 rumour I heard about pre-E3 2012 has met with the same fate ie mass exodus to Playground.

Sequel

Codemasters revealed that a sequel to Grid is in development. It will likely utilise the EGO 2.0 engine. No other news on the date or new features have been released yet.[36]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_Driver:_Grid

Grid is an epic game imo. So simple, no messing about with settings :cheers:

I was sad when the online disappeared, roll on Grid 2! :cool:

Surprised nobody posted this:

"Be fast, be famous, be first -- this is GRID 2.

GRID 2 will challenge players to be fast, be first and be famous as they enter a stunning new world of competitive motorsport. Following the success of GRID, which set new standards for damage, AI, visuals and introduced the Flashback time rewind feature - now adopted by many racing games -- GRID 2 will again raise the gameplay and technological bar for motorsport gaming and remain true to the series' core value -- it's all about the race.

The Race Returns Summer 2013, on Xbox 360®, PLAYSTATION®3 and PC."

A year is a long time to wait but lack of cockpit view could be a deal breaker for some.

Back