Where is the Brazilian GT Academy? Will it happen? When?

Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RowdLL
The 2014 GT Academy teaser video had Brazil highlighted on the global map, but we were not included in the ongoing competition.
Will there be a Brazilian academy, this year? Or next?

Many Brazilians use USA psn accounts from when there was no Brazilian psn, so get your stats right, there are a LOT of Brazilian fans.

Great thread! I was very disappointed when GT Academy began and Brazil was left out.

I read the list of participating countries 3 times and thought What the 🤬..! They put Brazil in launching clip for what? Just to look cool??

I guess for this year all we have to do is use our US PSN accounts and get the fastest possible laps only to try and get a spot on the finals

Then we would say to whoever person from PD that como looking for our personal info, GUESS WHAT?! I LIVE IN BRAZIL!! :eek::cool::D Send me a 1st class ticket to Silverstone, if you would :lol:

Lol, Felipe, I understand what you are saying, be will have to disagree. It will be much more visible to have Brazilian flags at the top of the leaderboard for everyone to see we should be there. (We need to get faster first)

Your way Sony/Nissan would just disqualify you because of the rules and that's it. Plus it is much more difficult to get to USA finals than get a Brazilian flag in the top 100, I think.

Previous editions would always have a guy with a Canadian flag near the top and his username was "LetCanadaIn". This year they finally included Canada. Let's try something like that!

The 2014 GT Academy teaser video had Brazil highlighted on the global map, but we were not included in the ongoing competition.
Will there be a Brazilian academy, this year? Or next?

Many Brazilians use USA psn accounts from when there was no Brazilian psn, so get your stats right, there are a LOT of Brazilian fans.

Seriously I was sure the Brazil was part of the Gt Academy because of the Senna content.
Moreover they highlighted the Brazil on the global map, Why ??? In order to mislead the customer.
This is how work PD unfortunately.

Great Thread I hope this one will be selected, in fact PD have no one consideration for the Brazilian customer as they want to show us with senna and the senna institute.

Lol, Felipe, I understand what you are saying, be will have to disagree. It will be much more visible to have Brazilian flags at the top of the leaderboard for everyone to see we should be there. (We need to get faster first)

Your way Sony/Nissan would just disqualify you because of the rules and that's it. Plus it is much more difficult to get to USA finals than get a Brazilian flag in the top 100, I think.

Previous editions would always have a guy with a Canadian flag near the top and his username was "LetCanadaIn". This year they finally included Canada. Let's try something like that!

I totally agree with you. I was just on "angry mode" :banghead: :D

Seriously I was sure the Brazil was part of the Gt Academy because of the Senna content.
Moreover they highlighted the Brazil on the global map, Why ??? In order to mislead the customer.
This is how work PD unfortunately.

Great Thread I hope this one will be selected, in fact PD have no one consideration for the Brazilian customer as they want to show us with senna and the senna institute.

That was unfair, but I think it is important to have in mind that although PD benefits from GT Academy in terms of game sales, Nissan is the company responsible to make GT Academy happen here, and elsewhere.

That was unfair, but I think it is important to have in mind that although PD benefits from GT Academy in terms of game sales, Nissan is the company responsible to make GT Academy happen here, and elsewhere.

I still believe that the tournament (at least the in-game part) is planned, hosted and executed by PD. Also, Nissan has a strong presence in the country, why would we be left out?

This is great. Been playing since the first GT Academy always with my USA account. I qualified multiple times only to reply the email with "sorry, i´m not really american, i just like the competition". (this when called to be in the finals).

Having a local GT Academy should be great. With the Senna tribute and all, wouldn´t they be interested in finding the new Senna?

Last edited:
I support this question!

I've always used my US account on GT5.

Please, remember that Nissan's CEO (Carlos Ghosn) is a brazillian guy and Nissan wants to increase its market share...

I still believe that the tournament (at least the in-game part) is planned, hosted and executed by PD. Also, Nissan has a strong presence in the country, why would we be left out?
The in-game part is not the problem, since it is up and running... Now we need the competition, and, for that, the Nissan prize.

But other than having a Brazilian executive (Nissan/Renault), the Nissan brand has only 1% market share here, so not a strong presence at all (yet).

The in-game part is not the problem, since it is up and running... Now we need the competition, and, for that, the Nissan prize.

But other than having a Brazilian executive (Nissan/Renault), the Nissan brand has only 1% market share here, so not a strong presence at all (yet).

I was not talking about market share... It's more in a sense that it is a widely recognized brand, and you can often see their cars on the streets. They came to Brazil not so long ago, and they don't have a car in each category like their biggest competitors, which when thinking about market share, is not a good thing.

Case in point... for each GT-R, 370Z and Altima sold in US right now, Nissan is probably selling half as much here in Brazil and they are all Versas, Sentras and Marchs :crazy:.

Marketing issues aside, the least we can do now is try and do well on the "other" leaderboard here:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2014/rankings/

Let us show we have many fast drivers in Brazil.

(I twisted my ankle just before round 2 was open, still waiting for it to get good enough to drive with the wheel again. I will not use it as an excuse, and will try to be fast enough to at least be on the leaderboard.)

I thought for sure you guys would get in with the Senna content launching this year right around GTA. Good luck next year:tup:👍

Back