Where is the data stored?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sarethums
  • 14 comments
  • 847 views
Messages
18
Scotland
Scotland
Ive got the game on disc and i am as shocked as many of you are that there is no optional install. I am away to trade in my game befor the value drops and just download it from the psn.

My question is; when i do this will i keep my data/anniversary cars?

Thanks
 
So, you are trading in your retail copy because you can't install the game. But are then going to buy the PSN version, at full RRP, having made a loss on selling your original copy?

As for the question, if you used online codes for your Anniversary cars, they should be on your PSN download list, so you might as well delete everything and start again.

Not to mention the game auto installs the data as you play!
 
So, you are trading in your retail copy because you can't install the game. But are then going to buy the PSN version, at full RRP, having made a loss on selling your original copy?

As for the question, if you used online codes for your Anniversary cars, they should be on your PSN download list, so you might as well delete everything and start again.

Not to mention the game auto installs the data as you play!
In the end the whole transaction will cost me £70 for the game meaning ive only lost £10, but if you include the price of the ssd and the overall time it will save running directly from it, i think that its worth it. So you think i should erase everything and if i purchase the regular edition my aniversary cars will still be there to download?
 
But the disc version installs to the hard drive anyway.

If you have used a code to download your cars, after you have reinstalled the game, go to the PSN store, go to transaction history or downloads and re download the cars.
 
I'd like that GT5 1 h install option too . Maybe it will be added later with patch , but for now I'm ok with installing through progression.
 
The disc version does not install the full game to the hard drive. It does install some data but you still have to have the disc in to play the game.
 
Have you gone to the graphics options and selected "Sharpen"?

A good HDMI cable and a cheap $2 one will not give you same results.
 
I would be wary of doing this for 2 reasons. You are costing yourself money for zero gain. And remember GTA5. That performed better as a retail copy rather than a digital download.
I have not seen a comparison test between GT6 on disc, and GT6 digital copy.
 
A good HDMI cable and a cheap $2 one will not give you same results.
It will give the same results unless it's broken.

Forget the analog stuff, welcome to the digital age.



EDIT: I'm sure you posted this into the wrong thread.
 
Not from my experience.

The cheap HDMI I got with my PS3 failed with in 2 weeks.
 
One data point does not a trend make.

Cheaper cables are less likely to be made of stronger components, or be braided.

While yes, cheap and expensive cables have the same kind of copper, and the same connectors.
Cheaper ones are more plasticy when in the hand.
The $45 one I got after my first one failed is still going strong, even after being removed and reinserted multiple times, I can twist the cable and have no picture issues, the connectors feel nice and solid, got a lifetime warranty on the cable.

Not saying go and get a $200 cable, just saying dont get the cheapest thing as it might not last.

Bought a $15 one last week and it is by monster.
 
Not from my experience.

The cheap HDMI I got with my PS3 failed with in 2 weeks.

I buy all of my cables from Monoprice. Have yet to have any $3 HDMI cable break/fail. Sounds like it was just a defective cable you got. Shouldn't lump them all together.
 
Back