Where is the force feedback?

• Thread starter HGHTCH
  • 10 comments
Canada
ontario, canada
otakunorth
So I've been a lifelong Logitech wheel user and have owned every Driving Force, G25, 27, 29, people keep telling me the FF is better on DD wheels as I've been finding GT7 to have no real FF, the steering weight translates well and that is about it. I don't really feel bumps, I don't feel shifts at all, I can slam into the car in front of me with zero response from the wheel. there is a mild feeling when you hit the chicanes.

I tried GT Sport again and well not perfect I can feel chicanes in that game and when I smash into another car there is something.
So today my Fanatec DD Pro arrived and it's the same, just a lot more wheel weight and force, which is nice but I can't really feel bumps, shifts, or chicanes... And it breaks the immersion.

Yes I find that the FFB in GT7 is a bit lacking. Hopefully PD can work some magic to get some more detail to our wheels.

Im using a TG-2 and while it is enjoyable, the PC sims have waaaay better FFB.

Yeah, that's a good question. IDK how could they go from the competent FFB in GT Sport to this, and think yeah this will do.

Hi, since le last update the FFB have been tone down or bugged, I dunno, on the 1.12 version the FFB wasn't on par with the PC sims but it was pretty good and informative now it's just dull and flat with a nasty rumbling effect

Have you updated the firmware on the wheels?
Have you adjusted the settings in game?
Yes and yes, using fanatec's suggested settings helped the wheel feel more natural in-game, but I guess the game is just missing certain FF responses I would expect

im on a G29;
Yesterday tried GTS just to compare, and yes, there is much more FFB, not perfect, but you can tell that is there.
I just can´t understand how 5 years later PD come with a game that is worst than the previous edition. it really blows my mind.

Force feedback is supposed to be the force through the wheels. So I have no idea why you're expecting to feel things like shifts and contact.

Force feedback is supposed to be the force through the wheels. So I have no idea why you're expecting to feel things like shifts and contact.
It's supposed to translate the feel of the drive, whether that be running over a marshal or your engine exploding :P
I would be able to feel that in a real car through the wheel. In every other game including GT5/6/S you could feel the chicanes and contact (I can't remember if you could feel the shifts) it's pretty realistic to have a massive change in RPM translate at least a little to the wheel.

I will say I added a small buttkicker to my setup and that adds chicanes vibration

So I've been a lifelong Logitech wheel user and have owned every Driving Force, G25, 27, 29, people keep telling me the FF is better on DD wheels as I've been finding GT7 to have no real FF, the steering weight translates well and that is about it. I don't really feel bumps, I don't feel shifts at all, I can slam into the car in front of me with zero response from the wheel. there is a mild feeling when you hit the chicanes.

I tried GT Sport again and well not perfect I can feel chicanes in that game and when I smash into another car there is something.
So today my Fanatec DD Pro arrived and it's the same, just a lot more wheel weight and force, which is nice but I can't really feel bumps, shifts, or chicanes... And it breaks the immersion.
Hey Man, as a DD Wheelbase User I would highly advise you to turn off NDP in your Wheelbase.
As to me I find this swallows a lot of the small subtle Effects.
Other than that the Fanatec Settings are not bad.
To be honest I’m very satisfied and pleased with the FFB in GT7.
It’s very intuitive imo.
Don’t expect it to feel like ACC for example.
I have also experimented a lot with the Settings but NDP off combined with Fanatec Recommended Settings feels very good, I don’t think I could make it feel any better.
I think you should just give it some time to accommodate.
The only thing I’m missing which in my opinion should be improved and implemented in a future Update is the Wheel going light when starting to oversteer.
That Effect has been completely taken out in GT7, which I always appreciated a lot in GTS as an MR Car Lover.
Other than that like I said I think the FFB is pretty much spot on with the CSL DD Wheelbase 😁

I generally have the same issue on my G29 (a month old as of yesterday) as the OP.....HOWEVER, I was goofing around this morning just driving with partial throttle to test the range of response and at lower pedal input I actually did feel and hear the rumble of all of the curbing. Pick it up to race speeds again and it all disappeared.

Latest Posts

Back