Where is the practice mode?

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 7 comments
RaceVW14 GTP_TheMoose for GT5P
Who needs a xbox? I gotta PS3!
Ok first off,
WORST...ARCADE MODE...EVER!!

I mean really, how are you supposed to learn the tracks?
Most of the tracks in this game I haven't seen in another game, now that's a good thing.
What's not so good is you go into arcade mode (where in most games you can race any car on any track) & what happens?
It throws you in last place on a track you've never seen before with a bunch of overly aggressive drivers & expects you to get 3rd place or better, oh & just for fun...lets do it in the rain!!!
Even after I've placed 3rd or better in the races I still haven't learned the track because of everything else going on around me.

I like the idea of what's going on in arcade mode but how the hell am I supposed to learn the tracks in these conditions?!
I know a game isn't supposed to be easy but come on...this is ridiculous!

Last edited:
Time trial.

Nope, not even close, there is only like 4 tracks at first, the rest are locked.
There needs to be somewhere that you can jump in a car & drive any of the tracks just for practice, either that or add a hour practice session before qualifying.

Arcade Mode is something you should do last - and it's a HOMMAGE to ORIGINAL F355 Challenge game, so calm down your rant there.

Since Challenge mode is ESSENCE of the game, it's logical you should do it first. Because of that,there are qualification sessions in Challenge mode (while they not exist in other modes - which is also an ISSUE, but not now).

So, you should learn track by playing Challenge mode first. After that, you should go on to Trophy races, and then to Arcade - when you unlock the tracks through Cahllenge and Trophy races. Also, by playing Challenge and Trophy races, you'll unlock ALL cars as well.

And Arcade Mode is the last one you should pop-in, and it's deliberatly made that way. It's part of the gameplay, pretty much in the same way as you CAN'T have Rocket Launcher in the very beggining of Resident Evil.

Regards.

I dont think this is a problem, I kinda like that the game is not to easy and it will take some time before everything is unlocked.

I found the most easy way to unlock a new track is to find a trophy race wich has the track you want to unlock and just do that trophy race, until you finish at least 3 at the track. Honestly its not that hard to do, should be doable within a few tryes.

Arcade Mode is something you should do last - and it's a HOMMAGE to ORIGINAL F355 Challenge game, so calm down your rant there.

Since Challenge mode is ESSENCE of the game, it's logical you should do it first. Because of that,there are qualification sessions in Challenge mode (while they not exist in other modes - which is also an ISSUE, but not now).

So, you should learn track by playing Challenge mode first. After that, you should go on to Trophy races, and then to Arcade - when you unlock the tracks through Cahllenge and Trophy races. Also, by playing Challenge and Trophy races, you'll unlock ALL cars as well.

And Arcade Mode is the last one you should pop-in, and it's deliberatly made that way. It's part of the gameplay, pretty much in the same way as you CAN'T have Rocket Launcher in the very beggining of Resident Evil.

Regards.

I dont think this is a problem, I kinda like that the game is not to easy and it will take some time before everything is unlocked.

I found the most easy way to unlock a new track is to find a trophy race wich has the track you want to unlock and just do that trophy race, until you finish at least 3 at the track. Honestly its not that hard to do, should be doable within a few tryes.

You guys are missing the point, I like the arcade races, I like the Challenge races.
I started by running the Challenge races, the problem is I've never seen Virginia raceway & the first time you can run on it is a 7 min qualifying session which is going to put you 16th because I don't care who you are you can't put in a good qualifying run on a track you've never seen before!
Then you start dead last on a very narrow & twisty track that would be hard to pass on if you were familiar with the track but you have to do it with 15 very aggressive AI cars in front of you.
With what I consider a heroic effort on a track I've never seen I made it to 6th at the finish, then just to make it interesting when you start the second race where I start in 6th place they throw a wet race at me & some turd AI punts me in the first turn & I'm dead last when I get back on track!!:grumpy:

A hard game is good, I don't want an easy game but this is just stupid hard to have to race on a track I've never seen before!!

As for learning the track with the trophy race, well that is impossible since you have to finish 3rd or better in the challenge race to unlock the track in the trophy race! :ouch:

All I 'm saying is there needs to be a practice mode like GT4's Arcade mode where you can race any track you want but no points or credits or trophy or what ever are available.

I went through Challenge first (adjusting the difficulty so I could at least stand a chance of winning... I set it to easy to guarantee winning the cars and unlocking the tracks).

Finishing that (with suitably high finishing) unlocked all the cars and tracks. Avoiding the qualifying I managed to make enough money to buy all the unlocked cars except the F333P. I did some of the other race types to get the money for that.

I tried the Trophy mode, finished 3rd or above on a new track and it wasn't unlocked. I think Challenge mode is the only way to unlock a track.

Back