Where the swimmers at?

I have my 2000m and 3000m certificates (although they're 4 years old, when I was 12 :indiff:), and I'm in a swimming club at Uckfield. Does that count? :P

Woah, wish i saw this earlier!

I am a swimmer as well. However i tend to be slightly.....crazy with it as i am with a swimming club and we do lots of meterage. Something like 30,000 metres in a week..!

However Pink, do not be disheartened. Just keep at it, it gets easier the more you do it.

I have heard of other strange swimming clubs attempting 100,000 metres in one week, every six months...That's 10 sessions a week at 10,000 metres each time, which each session is 2/2.5 hours! No way is that possible!

(Unless you're an Olympic swimmer, of course...)

Edit: Does everyone hate swimming or something?

*ahem* :fish about to talk:

Hey there fellow fish!, I've been swimming my tail off since I was 5, I love swimming and swmming and...diving a little. 30,000 is pretty darn good, I'm a member of 2 swimming clubs here in Long Island, NY and in one of them we swim around 40-45K a week but we are part of the state team...that's why, the other one, I don't do as much work since I'm the coach's right hand and I'm more into training kids from 14-17 years of age. but 100,000 is just sick, I don't think I'd have the stuff to make it but I'd sure give it a try!

Favorite swimmer: Myself! ;) , beating your own record is what you should aim for everytime 👍

Ciao...

Woot!

Another "fish" that does the same amount of swimming as i do! There's me thinking that i was the only one on gtplanet doing the crazy amount of swimming...:)

Mr.OzzyGt, by state team, i presume you mean something like NYSC?

Coaching is loads of hard work, but immensely rewarding! Glad to hear that a swimmer that does the meterage that you do also is coaching....helps to keep the swimming world young...;)

Oh, the 100,000 metres thing...Stockport Metro in the Uk does that.. www.stockport-metro.co.uk. Granted, they do have exceedingly good swimmers there...

"beating your own record...aim everytime" = Kinda, but i prefer:

"Fun first and then hard swimming!". What i mean is that I need to enjoying the swimming first before i start to get fast times. Just means i'm more relaxed....:)

Ooops, a tad long post!

Back