Where to download GT5 Demo?

• Thread starter tjm7671
  • 28 comments
Ok before I get flagged as a newb and flamed, I already searched and cant find the answer on here. I fallowed the directions and made a Japanese account for the ps3 store. I went to the store and can not find the GT5 Demo. Can someone please give me some Barney directions so that I can play this game. If this question is answered in another thread so be it, just post the link for me because I cant find it. If a mod locks and closes this fine, just please mail me an answer first. Thanks guys!!!!

ummm it was still there when I tried. (after 30 nov.)

go to the 'new' option, second from left I think.
(I assume u have used an english 'store' before)

keep scrolling through the pages until you find one
with the number "5" in it's title (amongst the Japanese characters)
click on it and check for any G.T.5.P trademarks.

Download and enjoy IN CAR CAMERA'S!!!

Practice setting up game on HD demo.
It's mostly the same but in Japanese.
There is one extra setup option for cars,
which I assume is arcade/simulation handling.

thats because it was removed on the 30th november for the release of the full gt5 prologue on the 13th december in japan. it might have stayed on there a tad longer but itd be well and truly deleted by now.

I got my PS3, right on the 11/30. That afternoon, right after work, I searched every inch(centimeter?) of that Japanese store, but it was nowhere to be found. They are like half day ahead of where I am. Damn it.

At least now I hear that the game is being released in the States in February..... finally. P.D. so mistreats the N.A. market, it's not even funny. :indiff:

i think i'm just going to buy prologue from playasia, but i had a question about the demo. i tried to make a psn japanese account, but unfortunately i don't know japanese!! did i miss something? i tried with google translator to get all the info in there correctly but it took many frustrating hours and i did not succeed. i'm sure there is some simple solution that changes the language to english but i sure as hell didn't see it. any help? i'd like to be able to set up a japanese account for future demo's without having to learn a whole new language lol.

I think there's still a way to download it, but you'll need to use someone's jpn account that has already downloaded it. Login to their account, go to their download list, and select gt5 prologue.

Do you think it's possible to copy a *free*demo onto a memory stick and copy it back onto another PS3?

it did the same same thing with me. I think that when they anounced that the demo was available online you could find the the game on the main page of the site.Now it's been too long and I don't think it's still on the site, or maybe it is but you probably have to search on japanese site. good luck. I'll go back on your thread if I find answers. If you have any answers please write it on your thread.

is the new demo going to be downloadable or we have to buy it?

Is the prologue version on play asia compatible for the north american system?

I think its BS that the demo still isn't available. I'm a huge GT fan but my ps3 isnt online more than a few hours a month. (I play a little COD4 once in a while) so I had NO idea the demo was available. I also saw NOTHING on IGN.com. I guess I'm as much mad at myself.

But seriously, this is actually hurting polyphony digital having taken the demo off the ps network. Last time i showed a GT game intro and gameplay to friends, 2 of them immediately went out and baught ps2's (back when they were 300$).

So now i have an aged demo of HD concept that has been played to death, and a bitter taste leftover after hearing about what I missed out on.

Shame on Polyphony and Sony. - An extremely unwise decision. The power of word is much better than creating rarity with limited offers. Everyone with a ps3 should have the new demo and talking about it. instead, the average new ps3 owner has the burnout paradise demo and doesnt even know there was a Gt5 demo.

I think its BS that the demo still isn't available. I'm a huge GT fan but my ps3 isnt online more than a few hours a month. (I play a little COD4 once in a while) so I had NO idea the demo was available. I also saw NOTHING on IGN.com. I guess I'm as much mad at myself.

But seriously, this is actually hurting polyphony digital having taken the demo off the ps network. Last time i showed a GT game intro and gameplay to friends, 2 of them immediately went out and baught ps2's (back when they were 300$).

So now i have an aged demo of HD concept that has been played to death, and a bitter taste leftover after hearing about what I missed out on.

Shame on Polyphony and Sony. - An extremely unwise decision. The power of word is much better than creating rarity with limited offers. Everyone with a ps3 should have the new demo and talking about it. instead, the average new ps3 owner has the burnout paradise demo and doesnt even know there was a Gt5 demo.

The demo was only available on the Japanese playstation store as Prologue was on the way in Japan only, now it is released the demo has been removed (it was there for a month or so, it was slated from the start as a limited release).

Just hope SCEA (America) and/or SCEE (Europe) release a demo aswell in the coming weeks before GT5P comes out in those territorys.

I suggest you should check this GTPlanet on a weekly basis, even just for a few minutes, if you did previously you wouldn't have missed out.

If anyone needs file sharing for the demo, PM me. I've even got a save you can use to unlock the cars that got unlocked after the Tokyo Motor Show.

If anyone needs file sharing for the demo, PM me. I've even got a save you can use to unlock the cars that got unlocked after the Tokyo Motor Show.

same i can't seem to PM you, can you PM me how to get the demo as well?

Thanks a lot

woooooo hooooooo i just got my copy of prologue and by god it is SWEET!!!!!! just cant wait till the full thing comes out PLAYASIA.com got it in 3 days....

Back