Where to find info on GT5 race starts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Patrocles
  • 3 comments
  • 1,015 views
Messages
1,495
Where can I find information on GT5 race starts?

Or if anyone knows the answer...
Will GT5 allow standing starts?
Will GT5 allow side-by-side rolling starts?
Will the GT5 player/host be allowed to choose how the races start? (assuming there is more than one option for race starts)

thanks!
:)
 
If you look carefully at some of the videos since GT5 at the Nurburgring, the pre-race screen shows a few interesting details, one of them being "start type". I think it's in the bottom left corner, on all the videos we have seen so far it says "Start type: Rolling start". This wouldn't be there if there were not other start types to choose from, so I would strongly expect standing starts to be in GT5. It is still unconfirmed though.
 
-> I'd like to see a reverse-pole setup (meaning the fastest car ends up in the back) just like Best MOTORing.
 
Both standing and rolling starts were in Prologue and previous games, so they are certainly going to be in.
I imagine for some circuits, the starts will be restricted, obviously no standing starts at ovals (other than Indy GP), probably no standing starts at small courses like Eiger.

-> I'd like to see a reverse-pole setup (meaning the fastest car ends up in the back) just like Best MOTORing.

Wouldn't people just set slow times on purpose?
It would be nice to have extra options though, ballast grids, reverse-race-result grids, etc. There are so many different combinations of grid positioning.
 
Back