Where to find Tunning settings in GT5p?

driftkng
snuffyboy
I have been reading over the forums and see the settings/tunning for different cars/set-ups etc. Now i've been playing the game (mostly drifting) with the BNr34 blitz D1 car and having a great time with the controler, need to pick-up my DFP from my friends house, but i CANNOT find where to tune/adjust any settings?

My question. Is there a difference between the GT5P that you download from the playstation network store (what i did) as compared to purchasing the actual Blu-ray disc version of the game off the shelf? The other question is there a difference in the GT5P version as i'm in North america, is the european and japanese versions different? I am not new to the GT series i've been getting sidways since GT3 but i cannot for the life of me find these tunning settings. All i can find is the ASM, ABS, tcs, tires etc settings which are the basics. I cannot find the spring rates, damper, camber, power, weight settings i've been reading about. So what am i doing wrong? :indiff:

thanks,
Robert.

You need to complete the S class races in order for the tuning options to become available (and even then, it's only available in certain races).

ahh thanks that makes some sense. I fealt like an idiot looking over every possible option/interface to try and find it. I'm in the A-class races now.(stopped after obtaining the blitz skyline) I kept tearing up the Suzuka east to earn 10,000 at a time to save up for the BNr34 Blitz Skyline cuz i really just wanted to drift. Now i have a new goal to go after as i always enjoy playing with the settings. Racing is fun, but i'm a drift fan at heart. Since i can't drift my real car often, i need to live it up through GT. Ps3 is great, and the drifting in the GT5p is a great feeling. I got the DFP and GT4 and was very let down. I was able to pull off drifts, but believe me when i say i was drifting better in real life then in GT4 :ouch:

thanks again!.

ahh thanks that makes some sense. I fealt like an idiot looking over every possible option/interface to try and find it. I'm in the A-class races now.(stopped after obtaining the blitz skyline) I kept tearing up the Suzuka east to earn 10,000 at a time to save up for the BNr34 Blitz Skyline cuz i really just wanted to drift. Now i have a new goal to go after as i always enjoy playing with the settings. Racing is fun, but i'm a drift fan at heart. Since i can't drift my real car often, i need to live it up through GT. Ps3 is great, and the drifting in the GT5p is a great feeling. I got the DFP and GT4 and was very let down. I was able to pull off drifts, but believe me when i say i was drifting better in real life then in GT4 :ouch:

thanks again!.

I find the Skyline over powered...
I started off with a F430 decent. You can drift online to get a podium if you are very skilled.

Hope to see you online in the pro events where drifting happens.
I love to drit too :sly:

i need to build a little set-up for the wheel so i can start drifting with the DFP. I'm confident i will catch on quick as i understand drifting techniques, just need to apply them to the physics/feel of the game. Definately looking forward to it and when i can i will get online. I just set-up my psn ID which is DriftKng but haven't been online yet. :) I first got the Amuse/gt5 concep 350z and had trouble drifting it(controler) i kept dropping out of the power-band and losing the drift. I like the D1 skyline because it's easy to break the tires loose and keep sliding. I think with the DFP i will have more control over throttle response and steering angle to be able to drift the lower HP cars. I actually switched the throttle/brake to the R2/L2 buttons to give me a little bit more range but it's still not the greatest. I need to rig up a quick fold-away steering wheel stand since i am limited on space in my room. It will be this weekends project.

Last edited:
You need to complete the S class races in order for the tuning options to become available (and even then, it's only available in certain races).
Actually, they become available after you complete A-class, because S-class requires tuning. :)

nice thats even better, i'm 3/4 the way through s-class. Just need to save up for the GTR to do that race. I got the Evo 9 yesterday and tore up the 4wd races. But i dont take any happiness with the wins as i'm still using the DS3 i need to get my DFP from my friend and get that set-up so i can fully enjoy the accomplishment of the win. :)👍

Latest Posts

Back