Where's Maserati, dodge, Bugatti, and koenigsegg?

• Thread starter 962 lm
  • 25 comments
Hold on, let me get Ian on the phone...

Okay, on request of 962 lm we will have all of those cars in the next update tomorrow. GTPlanet can do whatever you ask us to do!

I guess PCars will never cater to the supercar fans. Its direction is quite clearly circuit racing and thus focuses on race cars.

But @Northstar's reply is still the most accurate one. :D

Licences cost money, you can't always get them all.
I guess ferrari, and Porsche took up most of the budget? But still, I'd love to see the Maserati mc12, or the koenigsegg agera in project cars.

I guess PCars will never cater to the supercar fans. Its direction is quite clearly circuit racing and thus focuses on race cars.

But @Northstar's reply is still the most accurate one. :D
Like Dodge, and Maserati don't have race cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
Licensing my friend. Since SMS loves racecars it would be good to see Bugatti racecars like the Eb110 GT1. Keonigsegg we dont need the agera but the CCGT.

For Maserati of course its classic amd modern day racecars. To be honest since we have snow and dirt tracks Im more than happy to see the Maserati Levante.

Dodge also has a wealth of awesome racecars who would not love to see the Oreca Viper!!

It all really comes down to licensing and time to develop the models. They had to make a cut somewhere. With limited resources you will always have to make a trade off and there will always be a car that somebody wants to see in the game.

I personally would also love to see the MC12. At the same time I prefer to have less cars with better modeled physics so that you actually do feel differences in the cars and a well balance BoP than a massive car count out of which only few are actually useful.

Those of course do. But well, you can't really include everything.
I know they can't get everyone, but Maserati, and Dodge both have a rich racing history, and i know Project cars is focused more on race cars, so why is Pagani in the game over koenigsegg, and Bugatti?

I know they can't get everyone, but Maserati, and Dodge both have a rich racing history, and i know Project cars is focused more on race cars, so why is Pagani in the game over koenigsegg, and Bugatti?

Because Pagani cars are much better on the track than a Koenigsegg or a Bugatti.

I suspect they just said Yes and the price was good.

Personally I want to race the cars so I would much rather have Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lola - you could seriously fill up some of the current classes which are a bit lacking - the Oreca Dodge Vipers would also be a welcome addition, but I would happily pass on Koenigsegg and Bugatti road cars.

I'd like to see a How my legation
Because Pagani cars are much better on the track than a Koenigsegg or a Bugatti.
Bugatti maybe, but koenigsegg? Idk?

I know project cars is more focused on race cars, but more road cars definitely would be welcomed.

I'd love to see the Maserati mc12 road car, the gt1, and the corsa (track day 1)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a How my legation

Bugatti maybe, but koenigsegg? Idk?

I know project cars is more focused on race cars, but more road cars definitely would be welcomed.

I'd love to see the Maserati mc12 road car, the gt1, and the corsa (track day 1)

Not for me. More race cars, yes. Road cars - meh...

I guess ferrari, and Porsche took up most of the budget? But still, I'd love to see the Maserati mc12...

Isn't the MC12 just a pimped up Enzo anyway? So in reality a sneaky inclusion could be had like that I would have thought?

And on that I never liked it until recently, I thought it was taking a great car and abusing it for track work - but then figured it was Ferrari's way of entering sports car racing without the badge, and of course it's an awesome car (Thanks Assetto) so I've made my peace with it!

That's why Koenisegg still holds a factory car fast lap at Spa, while Pagani does not.

OP: There's many hypercars missing than just Koenisegg. Where's for instance the Apollo Enraged, or The Lykan, both btw featured in PC1?

That's why Koenisegg still holds a factory car fast lap at Spa, while Pagani does not.

OP: There's many hypercars missing than just Koenisegg. Where's for instance the Apollo Enraged, or The Lykan, both btw featured in PC1?
They are not in the game. Neither are the other ones. Get over it,they don't have the license for those cars.

Not only are they missing brands, but missing cars too. You got the Porsche license, but cars like the RS Spyder, and 919 are missing? And when we finally get to Porsche pack, they're not there but we get 2 more 935's, with the same specs of the other 2, i think project cars dropped the ball on that! There's just cars that are missing, that should be there, and aren't.

Not only are they missing brands, but missing cars too. You got the Porsche license, but cars like the RS Spyder, and 919 are missing? And when we finally get to Porsche pack, they're not there but we get 2 more 935's, with the same specs of the other 2, i think project cars dropped the ball on that! There's just cars that are missing, that should be there, and aren't.

The RS Spyder is a mid 2000s LMP2 - it would have nothing to race with in the rest of the PC2 lineup, and I'm quite happy to not start adding 'orphan' cars to the roster (yes, I know there are some already, but most of those are one-make racers IRL so make sense).

If the rumour mill is to be believed, we should be getting the 919 in the next (Le Mans) pack, along with it's 2016 playmates. Personally I'm more excited that we might be getting the TS050, but all three should hopefully be in there.

SMS could only put as many cars in the game as they could a) license and b) build (3d model, physics, audio, setups etc) with the time and budget they had. There will inevitably be cars missing from just about everyone's personal wish list*, but that's the nature of working with a limited budget (both time and money). To borrow from @killerjimbag - deal with it.

*My personal wish list would include removing pretty much every road car, especially the hypercars, and getting more 70s/80s/90s race cars in there. Never gonna happen, but I've still got a pretty nice selection to play with and I can happily ignore the stuff I'm not interested in :)

The RS Spyder is a mid 2000s LMP2 - it would have nothing to race with in the rest of the PC2 lineup, and I'm quite happy to not start adding 'orphan' cars to the roster (yes, I know there are some already, but most of those are one-make racers IRL so make sense).

If the rumour mill is to be believed, we should be getting the 919 in the next (Le Mans) pack, along with it's 2016 playmates. Personally I'm more excited that we might be getting the TS050, but all three should hopefully be in there.

SMS could only put as many cars in the game as they could a) license and b) build (3d model, physics, audio, setups etc) with the time and budget they had. There will inevitably be cars missing from just about everyone's personal wish list*, but that's the nature of working with a limited budget (both time and money). To borrow from @killerjimbag - deal with it.

*My personal wish list would include removing pretty much every road car, especially the hypercars, and getting more 70s/80s/90s race cars in there. Never gonna happen, but I've still got a pretty nice selection to play with and I can happily ignore the stuff I'm not interested in :)
Yea, i personally would like to see A homologation class, like all the gt1 road cars, and others, but i guess project cars doesn't have Sony, or Microsoft backing them like Forza, or Gran Turismo.

Yea, i personally would like to see A homologation class, like all the gt1 road cars, and others, but i guess project cars doesn't have Sony, or Microsoft backing them like Forza, or Gran Turismo.
Ya think? Be happy you have this game and not GT or Forza:D:gtpflag:

I'd vote for that too. Makes room for games to have road cars etc, Driveclub is still a reasonable road car racing game even now (left of centre physics aside) and my mates and I love the proper race car racing in PCars. We rarely use the road cars.

One thing that the GT series did so well was enable folks to cross the gap, turning a road car into a club racer and in some cases full on race cars. It made for an excellent game dimension that's somewhat missing on the PS4 even now.

I'd vote for that too. Makes room for games to have road cars etc, Driveclub is still a reasonable road car racing game even now (left of centre physics aside)...
It would only "make room" for lesser sims and total arcade-style racing games like Driveclub. There is no abundance of hardcore roadcar simulators. More the opposite.

Back