Wheres the reward for drivers on a controller (stick)

• Thread starter smeadows99
  • 13 comments
smeadows99
Hey guys, well i see theres only been a handfull of users on a controller in this competition. I know not everyone can afford a wheel and setup and whatnot. I feel they should seperate drivers and ranking from ppl on wheels and controllers. Not everyone has access to a wheel like myself but it takes alot to be good a on a controller. Im 18th right now in southeast and i think only like 3 others are. Not complaining just wondering what you guys think and what do u think scea would think to this. Some ppl have never touched a wheel but have mastered the pad since gt started. And its going to suck for those who possibly make it to the finals and are giving to steering wheel in competition.

any thoughts

Real cars are driven with a steering wheel, not a controller. Its a competition that winning puts you in a real car on a real track with real people next to you.

I understand that but they don't expect everyone to have a wheel. the competion is taking ppl with no racing knowledge and turning them into race car drivers. Just because i don't have a wheel doesn't mean i cant drive. I think you where missing my point

I understand that but they don't expect everyone to have a wheel. the competion is taking ppl with no racing knowledge and turning them into race car drivers. Just because i don't have a wheel doesn't mean i cant drive. I think you where missing my point

Some of us have more racing knowledge than you give us credit for.

If you can get high enough in the standings with your controller to win a DFGT wheel, then problem solved. It's not Sony's fault you can't afford a wheel.

The prizes are the same for controller or wheel, and if you really look at it, you are rewarded for doing well with a controller. You just have to be in the top spot for a week to get a playseat and a wheel.

But you better be able to transition well as the finals are only on a wheel.

understood but if there are ppl out there that can be faster than ppl on a wheel, that says alot. Its not easy being fast on a controller. Thats why theres not very many in the top 100. Just saying.

im faster on a wheel aswell by a second but i just dont have one. And im not speaking for just myself.

Actually they DO expect you to have a wheel or be able to drive with it in the competition. If you read the rules it says so specifically.

As for what the competition is for, you will find many of us have extensive racing knowledge, and I know for a fact many of the top guys have race experience. You just can't be a pro.

Sorry, I find it hard to give someone sympathy that they can't get a wheel and pedals when they have a gaming system that cost a minimum of $300, a game they just bought that was a minimum $60, when a wheel can be had thru Amazon for 99 bucks. If you're really serious about it you can cough up the money.

No. The competition is taking people that play a video game, and puts them in a real race car. Where does the competition say you have to have no knowledge of racing?

Also, there's DS3 users out there that are just as fast as those that use a wheel.

I think what he is saying, is that since it is more difficult to post a good time with a controller than a wheel, he feels there should be some reward for using the controller and making a top time, or separate leaderboards for controllers.

Sony just said post a time, whether it be with a controller, wheel, or chopsticks, if you make it into the top 128 they don't care how you get there, and they are not giving any special rewards for using different methods.

Biggest thing is, you better get used to using a wheel ASAP somehow because you'll be using one in the finals if you make it that far.

thanks gt motion that is exactly what i meant. I was never complaining i was just saying. Im fine. I know ill make it to round 2. Im 15th right now in my region and i have more in me. I got on a g27 from a buddy and was half a second faster than my controller and ive only used a g27 once. So i know it wont take much once i get one.

i really don't see how using a controller makes you any more prepared or "skilled" when it comes to racing the real thing, which is the ultimate purpose and goal of this specific competition. yes it takes a different set of skills to translate your movements to a set of analog sticks rather than pedals and a wheel, but I don't see it being distinct enough to separate them in this competition, nor would it be necessary. in all honesty, those who are serious about the competition will need wheel experience, period.

Latest Posts

Back