Where's the right stick on T300RS wheel?

• Thread starter ILIV
  • 22 comments
Ukraine
Home Paddock
tympache
I can't seem to find it. I need it to be able to mute people in a lobby that think it's okay to cough and argue with their family while racing.

Tried all the buttons. Nothing seems to work. I can't believe they just ignored/forgot about this button so I must be confused.

If it's anything like my G29 there unfortunately isn't a right stick replacement on the wheel. You'd think there would be! I have to use the controller to scroll when required.

It is, though.

I don't want to nor should be forced to keep another input device handy just to be able to scroll driver list and mute somebody. They (SMS) could have easily prevented this problem had they actually tested their UI.. thoroughly enough.

For comparison, I can do everything I need using the same wheel in GTS.

It is, though.

I don't want to nor should be forced to keep another input device handy just to be able to scroll driver list and mute somebody. They (SMS) could have easily prevented this problem had they actually tested their UI.. thoroughly enough.

For comparison, I can do everything I need using the same wheel in GTS.
Every wheel has a different set of buttons though. Across PC and console there are probably 100 different rims you can use to play PC2. The one common element is the joypad so it seems sensible that they at least made sure every function worked with that constant.

Last edited:
It has everything to do with SMS :)

They delivered a poorly designed user interface that somehow assumes that the right analog stick is going to be present on all that variety of rims.

So you have a T300rs and SMS didn't give you a specific feature that you feel needs to happen to make everything right?
I have a T300rs as well and am on PC2 tons. While I can agree there are some unaccessible areas on the UI I also understand that I can hook up a keyboard or pad or whatnot to get to them. It's not an issue really. I know that this wheel I have doesn't have joysticks on it and I live with that.
This in part is somewhat a you problem and not an SMS problem. You and I can buy different wheels if we so see the need.

Thinking about it what the wheels could do with is a shift button to double up the functions of the the left pad buttons making them work as the right hand stick.

In PC2s favour over GTS is the ability to add an external keyboard, vastly enhancing the amount of buttons and functions. Also the use of apps on tablet and phone giving extended displays.

Thinking about it what the wheels could do with is a shift button to double up the functions of the the left pad buttons making them work as the right hand stick.

In PC2s favour over GTS is the ability to add an external keyboard, vastly enhancing the amount of buttons and functions. Also the use of apps on tablet and phone giving extended displays.
I thought about this, not so much a shift button per say but more of a hold button 1 (or any button you assign for that matter) then press button 2 or direction pad (again, any button you assign) Dual/multi inputs.

So hold button 1,2 or 3 then use the d-pad gives you 12 inputs, the combinations are somewhat endless.

As long as you have a d-pad :)

I actually bought a wireless number pad for £10, 21 buttons & it has a shift feature so if I enable that I get an additional 8 buttons via the arrow keys instead of the 1-9 buttons :)

You can scroll and select the drivers with the left pad in the lobby screen @ILIV - to mute etc. But yes it is a bit of an oversight that you can't within the race screen.

As long as you have a d-pad
And as long as you can remember the combinations. :D
(Actually Elite Dangerous does this to some extent to increase the number of available buttons)

Last edited:
You can scroll and select the drivers with the right pad in the lobby screen @ILIV - to mute etc. But yes it is a bit of an oversight that you can't within the race screen.

And as long as you can remember the combinations. :D
(Actually Elite Dangerous does this to some extent to increase the number of available buttons)
I'm constantly forgetting my configurations lol, must get around to putting some labels on it at some point.

You realize this is a problem with navigating user interface, right?
Yes i know what the issue is but you brought up gts in a pc2 thread.once you do that its fair game .

The reason i mentioned that was because a fair amount of people had zero problems with using a controller in conjunction with a wheel on gts to gain a unfair advantage until it was patched .so clealy using a controller to do the odd thing is not really that big of a deal is it ?

Last edited:
I don't see how that is even related to the issue we're discussing. Anyway, I'm glad we all have had a lively discussion :)

I don't see how that is even related to the issue we're discussing. Anyway, I'm glad we all have had a lively discussion :)
I understand, that you were referring to the UI portion of pCARS 2. However, I think you're seeing a passionate - up in arms, type of a response from the pCARS guys from the way you put it earlier :).

"can do everything I need using the same wheel in GTS."

Hmm, that's quite interesting because, there's BARELY a darn thing that I can program on my Wheel while on GTS, that I have set up on pCARS 2..

It has everything to do with SMS :)

They delivered a poorly designed user interface that somehow assumes that the right analog stick is going to be present on all that variety of rims.
Incredibly unfair statement.

I think you're knit picking. There are dozens of variables that can be programmed on most Wheels/Keyboard on pCARS 2 that you can only dream of doing on GTS.

Instead, you're making a big deal over a feature that can still be worked out, by way of a Controller.

Thrustmaster share some responsibility here too.
I had the same issue when I was using my G-27.

I understand, that you were referring to the UI portion of pCARS 2. However, I think you're seeing a passionate - up in arms, type of a response from the pCARS guys from the way you put it earlier :).

"can do everything I need using the same wheel in GTS."

Hmm, that's quite interesting because, there's BARELY a darn thing that I can program on my Wheel while on GTS, that I have set up on pCARS 2..

Again, that's a different problem.

Incredibly unfair statement.

I think you're knit picking. There are dozens of variables that can be programmed on most Wheels/Keyboard on pCARS 2 that you can only dream of doing on GTS.

Right, can you select a driver list and mute someone?

No.

Isn't it incredible, and ridiculous, that you can assign almost anything but to perform the most basic function of navigating user interface you need a backup controller?

That's a monumental UX/UI failure.

Especially, when you consider that I'm talking about T300RS rim, which is one of the most popular ones out there.

Instead, you're making a big deal over a feature that can still be worked out, by way of a Controller.

I had the same issue when I was using my G-27.

Yeah, well, I guess my standards are higher than average person's then.

This game costs quite a few dollars and its UI is weird when navigating it using d-pad on the wheel.

SMS's competition did a much better job in this department.

There's no way of sugarcoating this.

This is a monumental failure that I would expect from an obscure indie developer but not a team like SMS, especially when they deliver a second iteration of the same game (hint: this is a perfect opportunity to polish things and work out quirks like this).

This is a monumental failure
I wouldn't quite call it a "monumental failure". :D

As I said above it is more of a control oversight - on console.

PC2 was developed as a PC game firstly and then ported over to the consoles so the UI and controls might sometimes not be ideal. PCs often use a mouse which would be the controller replacement. (PC1s menu system was even more clunky - so don't try that. ;))
If the game was solely developed for the PlayStation it would have had a much better chance of getting it right.

I think it can be seen that people seem to get very protective about "Their" games. :boggled:
Not sure why really, we should all just get on and enjoy them for what they are.

(I see Sick has been on GTP recently so maybe you have your info now? Maybe I'll see you over there sometime.)

I wouldn't quite call it a "monumental failure". :D

As I said above it is more of a control oversight - on console.

PC2 was developed as a PC game firstly and then ported over to the consoles so the UI and controls might sometimes not be ideal. PCs often use a mouse which would be the controller replacement. (PC1s menu system was even more clunky - so don't try that. ;))
If the game was solely developed for the PlayStation it would have had a much better chance of getting it right.

I think it can be seen that people seem to get very protective about "Their" games. :boggled:
Not sure why really, we should all just get on and enjoy them for what they are.

(I see Sick has been on GTP recently so maybe you have your info now? Maybe I'll see you over there sometime.)

It's all fine. We're just expressing our opinion that's all.

And nope, you can't sugarcoat it. It is that bad ;)

Looking forward to racing with you guys! Sadly, you'll probably see me in your rear mirrors only :lol:

Back