Which bass should I buy?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eric.
  • 3 comments
  • 625 views

Eric.

Premium
Messages
8,515
Messages
GTP_Eric
Messages
Ebiggs
I'm a complete newbie to guitar, but right now I've got this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-5String-Bass-Package?sku=519297

Don't worry, I didn't pay $200 for it. I bought it used off a friend (if you can call him that...) for $120.

I decided that I'm going to use my tax returns ($320) plus some of my own money to buy a new bass in a month or two. Budget is set at about $400, I could go a little higher. No violins and preferably four strings only.

I've narrowed it down to two myself:

Epiphone Thunderbird IV Reverse Bass in Ebony - $299


or

ESP F-254 in Titanium Cosmo - $379


I prefer the looks of the Epiphone but judging by the list price and the reviews, the ESP may be the better guitar.

Please comment.
 
The thunderbird is a nice bass. I've played it before when my ex band was recording. it's nice. the ESP should only be bought if you are settling on playing heavier stuff though. most ESPs are metal tuned.
 
Wheres Pako when you need him....
 
Well, it kind of depends on what kind of music you play. I play bass in a hardcore band, I play with an Ibanez sound gear. Also, what kind of amp are you using? At shows, i use an SWR head and a Hartke cabinet.

P.S. just because a guitar is more expensive doesnt mean that it is nicer. Ive played an ESP like that, only it was a regular guitar, and i didnt think it was all that nice, although they do have a nicer version of the same guitar that is much nicer, and more expensive. I suppose anything is better than that rogue though...lol.
 
Back