Which bikes should manufacturers bring back to production ?.

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
As the title says, which bikes do you want them to bring back into production.

I'll go first:

Gilera RC Rally ( was 250cc single )

Mondial Piega

Vincent Black Lightning ( plus other famous models )

Last edited:
BSA Bantam 125.
Any number of Vincents.
I'd like to say the Bullet 500 but that never really went away.
VFR400 - the looks of (early model styling was ace).

My dad is currently in talks with Norton about hooking them up with Zongshen so they can work together and put out some smaller engine Norton like the ones of old (and also so Zongshen can gain big engine knowlege).

I can't find it now but there was a concept render of what a new RZ350 could look like, it was very nice.
Not the same thing but this would be cool.
yamaha-rz500-special---01.jpg

I say "cool", not nearly as practical or fast as a comparable 4 stroke but it'd be something different.

With the soaring popularity of trikes lately, I don't think one specific model should back, but a modern version of a 200X using a CRF230 engine (this engine in the old chassis is a common swap), a modernized 350X now with the 2014 400X engine and the TRX 450R version as the replacement fo the old liquid cooled 250R 2 stroke.

In fact, people want it so bad there are companies, such as TPC Trikes and Tionesta making a killing fabricating them out of quads and bikes. They sell well and perform fantastic. The goal is to provide a machien that could be a modern take on what they'd look and perform like if they were still in production today. They are heavier than their predecessors from the 1980s but every bit if not more powerful. Some of these after work pump as much as 100 horsepower or more out, at the wheels.

TPC Models (there are tons of them, they mainly stick to Honda).

insbjd.jpg
DSC05919.jpg

tpc_x_retro.jpg

tpc_450_test_2013_header.jpg

Tionesta does mostly other brands like Suzuki, Yahama etc.

Summit2.jpg
upload_2015-2-2_20-42-49.jpeg

downsized_0619131600_zps925cb634.jpg

Colourful liveries as found in the 80s and 90s. The modern monotone trend is boring, although kudos to Honda and Aprillia for offering HRC and Tricolore options respectively.

These are not related to this thread.

I would have these three Elefants :

1988 works 904cc Cagiva Elefant Dakar replica ( the same as the works dakar machine only with a more powerful engine )

1994 works 906sp Cagiva Elefant replica ( same again with more powerful engine )

1987 works twin headlight Elefant replica ( with more powerful engine )

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/cagiva/cagiva_elefant 900 dakar 90.htm

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/cagiva/cagiva_elefant_906_sp.htm

All three need liquid cooled purpose built engines.Of around 900cc capacity.

Last edited:
Kawasaki ZX-6R 636. I know they are still making the ZX-6R, but its just a 600 cc. I think 2005 was the last year for the 636 cc.

Also Cagiva should bring back the 650cc Elefant V Twin, with about 90 bhp and weigh in at about 150kg's fully fuelled.Good on fuel too.Also needs a 20+ litre fuel tank aswell.It should have a liquid cooled engine this time though.Twin brake discs up front and upside down forks and monoblock calipers.Got to have some eye catching colours, lowish seat height and modernised too.

Last edited:
Ducati should bring back this road bike.I know they already made 1500 of them, but more can't do any harm can it :D.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_desmosedici_rr 06.htm

If they do make a new Desmosedici RR, i hope they update the paint schemes and fit the latest fairings and seat unit.Obviously fit the obligatory headlights, brake light and indicators etc.Don't get me wrong i like just the red colour, but would be nice to also have it in the latest colours too.Would also be nice if it was to be built exactly the same as the next Ducati GP bike ie frame, engine, gearbox, electronics, brakes etc.

It hopefully should look like this

http://www.ducati.com/racing/motogp/bike/index.do

:drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:
Hi guys, i reckon these dual purpose bikes would be good fun, if they were in production again.Plus all would have 4 stroke liquid cooled engines in them.

Suzuki TS250X or Suzuki TS200R
Suzuki DR650SE
Gilera RC600R
Gilera RC250 Rally or Gilera RX250 Arizona Rally
Cagiva Elefant 650 lookalike with 750cc v twin
Cagiva Elefant 350cc v twin
Cagiva Elefant 900 v twin
Moto Morini 500 Camel
Moto Morini 350 Kugaro
Moto Guzzi V65TT
Aprilia Tuareg wind 350cc & 600cc
Aprilia RC250 Rally