Which car data is right?

• Thread starter A.A.Z.
  • 9 comments
I've picked one of many cars whose specifications differ in GT2 and GT4... I just wondered, which version of Gran Turismo contains the right data about cars that were "copied" from the real world?

f60dd3b5f777.jpg

nissan-pennzoil-nismo-gt-r-jgtc-99.jpg

So, is this Skyline 4WD or 2WD, and what sort of power does it produce?

I would trust GT4, as PD had updated their games later to obtain more accurate information. The GT2 figures were seen as 'the figures produced unlimited'. So, 4WD is banned in the JGTC, so th GT4 figures are correct. Power is in the 493-500hp range, but later models produce about 450hp, I think.

I don't agree with you, because the engines produces really 702 hp and the car is 4WD.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z3450/default.aspx

The page you linked to has 3 photos, all of different cars, so I wouldn't neccessarily believe it. EDIT: They also say it's a V6. That site seems to be making things up.

The clue here is in the car name. According to GT4, it's a JGTC car. That means it has ~500bhp and rear wheel drive only, as those 2 parts are written into the regulations of the series.

Another tick against GT2: Notice how the Pennzoil Gt-R, the Calsonic Skyline, AND the Unisia Jecs Skyline all have 702 HP and weigh 1180 kg?

Same with the Zexel, Kure R33, and Unisia/Zexel Skylines-all 680 HP and the same weight.

I'm going with the status quo here...JGTC cars from this era had rear-drive and less power (300 to 500 PS). Hence, the "GT300 and GT500" classifications. 👍 Therefore, GT4 got it right...or at least closer to the truth.

Last edited:
Alright. But why then PD didn't set the right power and drivetrain in GT2? Didn't they know the JGTC rules?..

You would think so, wouldn't you? But of course, PD isn't 100% reliable on such minor details :sly:

Last edited:
Back