Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Toyota S-FR Racing Concept

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
I have three picks:

Road Car: Toyota GR Supra '19

Race Car: Mazda RX-Vision GT3

Concept Car: Audi E-Tron Vision Gran Turismo

I mostly picked these as cars that have an especially close connection to GT Sport in particular. In addition to debuting in GT Sport, I feel that these cars continue to leave a legacy of sorts. For example, the GR Supra '19 marked the start of GTS adding GR-branded cars like the GR Yaris and GR 86, while the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 shares the cover of GT7 with the Porsche VGT. Then there's the fact that the Audi E-Tron VGT is among several VGTs to become reality, as well. Indeed, it's no coincidence that my picks for the road car and race car that define GTS are both from automakers that are also partners of the GTCs.

Last edited:
Perhaps there is no true 'icon' of GTS, and that everybody has their own. For me, GT4's icon car was the GT-R Concept race car. GT5's was the Nissan R33 Touring Car. I doubt many people share the same feelings.

Yeah the R33 TC perhaps less unlikely, as it was only accessible some time after the games release in DLC. But if you like GT-R's I can see why, but more the jgtc version I would of thought.

Usualy it's safe to just go with the hero car/the box art car when picking the 'icon' car. But wont always be your choice.

In GT2 the hero/icon car was the s2000. For me it definitely was the icon car, and my no.1 in a top 10 favourite in that game. Espescially the hidden spoon version from golding all B liscense tests. Infact for me the spoon version is the only car that takes the icon spot in GT2 from the original s2000.

For GT3 the icon car should be the Esperente GTR-1, but many people might say it's the 787B. Like you for me me it was neither of the popular choices, I think it was the PD designed S2000 LM car. Particularly in the red and black fade colour scheme that matches the theme on the the game case. If I were to sum up GT3 with a car it would be the S2000 LM accompanied with Daiki Kasho's Obscure sound track. Another honda s2000 lol.

In GT4 I will follow form and say yes the icon car is definitely the PD designed Ford GT LM race car. Though I also feel like the Jaguar LM race car can have that spot too. The colour theme for GT4 was white, and those two cars wear Gran turismo liveries proudly in white, they fit the icon car status well.

In the end though it really is as you say there is no true icon, it really does vary from player to player.

For GTS honestly, I enjoy driving so many of them I can't really pin it. like with other iterations of GT's it can be hard to chose as the games are a celebration of all cars with in the game at least. The games just make them all look so damn good. All cars when you think about it generally get there time to shine though. I think Kaz is trying to emphasize this a bit more for GT7 aswell.

Yeah the R33 TC perhaps less unlikely, as it was only accessible some time after the games release in DLC. But if you like GT-R's I can see why, but more the jgtc version I would of thought.

Usualy it's safe to just go with the hero car/the box art car when picking the 'icon' car. But wont always be your choice.

In GT2 the hero/icon car was the s2000. For me it definitely was the icon car, and my no.1 in a top 10 favourite in that game. Espescially the hidden spoon version from golding all B liscense tests. Infact for me the spoon version is the only car that takes the icon spot in GT2 from the original s2000.

For GT3 the icon car should be the Esperente GTR-1, but many people might say it's the 787B. Like you for me me it was neither of the popular choices, I think it was the PD designed S2000 LM car. Particularly in the red and black fade colour scheme that matches the theme on the the game case. If I were to sum up GT3 with a car it would be the S2000 LM accompanied with Daiki Kasho's Obscure sound track. Another honda s2000 lol.

In GT4 I will follow form and say yes the icon car is definitely the PD designed Ford GT LM race car. Though I also feel like the Jaguar LM race car can have that spot too. The colour theme for GT4 was white, and those two cars wear Gran turismo liveries proudly in white, they fit the icon car status well.

In the end though it really is as you say there is no true icon, it really does vary from player to player.

For GTS honestly, I enjoy driving so many of them I can't really pin it. like with other iterations of GT's it can be hard to chose as the games are a celebration of all cars with in the game at least. The games just make them all look so damn good. All cars when you think about it generally get there time to shine though. I think Kaz is trying to emphasize this a bit more for GT7 aswell.
To be honest I didn't intend to pick two GT-Rs as my icons - I only just realised it! But then again, GT-Rs are arguably one of the icons of the whole series, so it's not a crazy choice. I agree with your picks though. The S2000 LM is a car people don't remember that much, so it wins the underdog vote for me. The Ford GT was certainly a big car for GT4, and I'd say the series in general. For GT2 though, I think the stock S2000 is a bit too much of a normal car to be the icon. It's a good choice, but for me it would need to be either the Vectors or the racing Venturi. They are just too strange to not be memorable.

I would say the Porsche 911 RSR. Basically...

1. Like GT Sport was a new start for the franchise, it represented a new start for Porsche in GT endurance racing.
2. It represents the star class of the new game, Gr.3.
3. It signified the introduction of Porsche in the franchise.
4. That endurance race in Mission Challenges or whatever it was called whrere it was included.

There’s no Group X cars on there to say play the game the way I want you too
It’s been so rare to use a Gr.X car in Sport Mode. There’s not one that could be used enough to build up DR/SR across Nations and Manu and Daily Races. The closest might be the SF19. It may be loved by many(I dig them), but it’s not a must buy most popular car, that would define the Sport Mode experience PD promoted.

Last edited:
It’s been so rare to use a Gr.X car in Sport Mode. There’s not one that could be used enough to build up DR/SR across Nations and Manu and Daily Races. The closest might be the SF19. It may be loved by many(I dig them), but it’s not a must buy most popular car, that would define the Sport Mode experience PD promoted.
... there's one right there on the cover:

1641383362751.png

To be honest I didn't intend to pick two GT-Rs as my icons - I only just realised it! But then again, GT-Rs are arguably one of the icons of the whole series, so it's not a crazy choice. I agree with your picks though. The S2000 LM is a car people don't remember that much, so it wins the underdog vote for me. The Ford GT was certainly a big car for GT4, and I'd say the series in general. For GT2 though, I think the stock S2000 is a bit too much of a normal car to be the icon. It's a good choice, but for me it would need to be either the Vectors or the racing Venturi. They are just too strange to not be memorable.
Somewhere deep down the kid inside me still thinks the vector m12 is the best car in the world:lol:

25-years-ago-vector-revealed-the-m12-a-crazy-american-built-lamborghini-diablo_6.jpg
Was completely begotten by that image as an 9 year old. :drool: This the C4, and Venturi Atlantique are in my top 10 in GT2 for sure

Also I just remembered a lot of people would chose the Escudo that's probably at the top for GT2 icons.
I would say the Porsche 911 RSR. Basically...

1. Like GT Sport was a new start for the franchise, it represented a new start for Porsche in GT endurance racing.
2. It represents the star class of the new game, Gr.3.
3. It signified the introduction of Porsche in the franchise.
4. That endurance race in Mission Challenges or whatever it was called whrere it was included.
Makes sense, I'd say your right

Somewhere deep down the kid inside me still thinks the vector m12 is the best car in the world:lol:

View attachment 1103446
Was completely begotten by that image as an 9 year old. :drool: This the C4, and Venturi Atlantique are in my top 10 in GT2 for sure

Also I just remembered a lot of people would chose the Escudo that's probably at the top for GT2 icons.

Makes sense, I'd say your right
The Vector M12 was rumoured to be coming to Gran Turismo 3, but it never did shame

... there's one right there on the cover:

View attachment 1103674
We’d think that with all the main game cover cars. It turns out not to be the case. If we buy/win that RB, how long did we have to wait to use it in Daily Race and Nations? Is it a must buy for Sport Mode over the four years? We‘d need to buy an N300-N500 car over that RB.
It could be “Car of the Game”, doesn’t make it necessarily the most popular car to use for Sport Mode.

We’d think that with all the main game cover cars. It turns out not to be the case. If we buy/win that RB, how long did we have to wait to use it in Daily Race and Nations? Is it a must buy for Sport Mode over the four years? We‘d need to buy an N300-N500 car over that RB.
It could be “Car of the Game”, doesn’t make it necessarily the most popular car to use for Sport Mode.
Confusion probably stems from focusing only on online races when 95% of people who purchased the game don't play online.

There's probably a greater percentage of people who don't play online but watch others play. ie FIA Finals, streamers.

Hence a car on the cover is more significant to more people than say a GR86, which possibly is the most used car in Dailies, yet no one has mentioned it.

Confusion probably stems from focusing only on online races when 95% of people who purchased the game don't play online.

There's probably a greater percentage of people who don't play online but watch others play. ie FIA Finals, streamers.

Hence a car on the cover is more significant to more people than say a GR86, which possibly is the most used car in Dailies, yet no one has mentioned it.
For sure. That's what I explained
This next chapter of Gran Turismo is heavily influenced by esport. Gr.3 are the main focus in Sport Mode. Followed by Gr.4, Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.N, Gr.B and Gr.X. The AMG GT S and Red Bull X2019, represent both “covers” of GT Sport. Focusing on Sport Mode, what one car defines the GT Sport era?
For any other Mode, there are definitely player's favorites. There are definitely cars, people have chosen, as their go to over the cars in the poll. My "Car of the Game" is not in this poll.

But for "focusing on Sport Mode what car defines the game?" the X2019 has to be considered because of how often it's been the final car in the absolute peak of what Sport Mode is. Using "define" is a bit misleading here because to me there's a difference between that and asking what the most popular car is, or the most successful, or strongest, or most commonly used. They're all different questions with arguably different answers.

But for "focusing on Sport Mode what car defines the game?" the X2019 has to be considered because of how often it's been the final car in the absolute peak of what Sport Mode is. Using "define" is a bit misleading here because to me there's a difference between that and asking what the most popular car is, or the most successful, or strongest, or most commonly used. They're all different questions with arguably different answers.
I considered the X2019. How many players have entered the WT? What makes the X2019 the most popular choice that is a must have that defines Sport Mode? WT is not required to buy the car to use as the most popular. Those cars are given.

Right... and there are cars that fit everything of what you just posted. There is a car that is the most popular, or the most successful, or strongest, or most commonly used. That's the car that defines Sport Mode. Sport Mode is the place all players enter to test their skill versus others. What is going to be the one car they must use to be competitive over all events?

Again, this limits choices due to how Sport Mode is designed. Players aren't going to recommend buying an AMG 300SEL as a must buy through one's Sport Mode career, per se. Some will say, buy a Supra for Gr.3, Slophy for Gr.4, TS050 for Gr.1, GT-R for Gr.2, Honda SF19 for Gr.X. In Sport Mode, knowing how the events are staged over the past four years, what is the one stand out car that defines Sport Mode? The GT S cover car and Red Bull X2019 are a bit misleading, as we rarely use those cars for majority of Sport Mode.

Does that help to understand what I explained?

Hard to vote against the Supra, since it’s promotion and marketing has gone hand in hand with GTS. And in Gr.3 spec since that’s GTS’ signature class, and the Supra has been one of the META cars for so long.

I think the real contenders here are the cars that have been META in sport mode since the game’s launch so we’ve all used hundreds of times whether we want to or not, thinking of the two Meganes here, the TT Gr.4, the Beetle, and the 911 RSR. Also surprised the X-Bow has so few votes since most of us had to use it for that Blue Moon Bay race to get money and XP, and it’s usually dominant in N-class sport mode racing.

If I was voting based on personal feeling I’d be voting for MX-5 TC for sure though, it has the best online racing memories.

Since others are doing it I’d put up my votes for signature car of each GT game.

GT1: Castrol Supra or GT-R LM Road Car

GT2: Escudo or S2000, maybe the Evo V rally car

GT3: Pennzoil GT-R, Castrol Supra again, maybe 787B, or Porsche 911 GT3 for hardcore fans. I didn’t play much GT3 so I don’t have much of an opinion

GT4: Ford GT Race Car, not up for debate

GT5: Where it gets more difficult. Probably the SLS since it’s on the cover, but maybe the 8C, R35 GT-R or one of the Ferraris. I never played GT5 online though so I don’t know what was popular there.

GT6: GT-R Schulze GT3, Honda HSV-010, Mercedes Vision GT

Mclaren F1 after over 1000 races at blue moon :) my perfect daily workout machine :) , will always have soft spots for GTR vspec 2 and the Subuaru WRX STI and the Toyota Trueno plus the 787B from Mazda but wasn't blown away by the sound of it in GTS
The 787B is my all-time favorite car from the GT series but, yeah, they kinda missed the mark on the sound with the latest iteration.

As to what defines GT Sport, it almost has to be the Supra just because of how much it is used. Not uncommon to see almost an entire grid full of them...well, except for the FT-1 that I am typically in (and voted for). Fastest? Nope. Most fun you can have with a controller in a driving game without getting arrested? Yup. :cheers:

I think it's kind of interesting seeing the Red Bull X2019 Competition absent from the poll. I went with the Supra Racing Concept since that car was made by Toyota for the game, and it represents the competition aspect of Sport as well as Toyota's increasing partnership with Polyphony this generation. (they are now official sponsors of GT's Esports as well)

But to me the X2019 really represents the feel of Sport the most. The idea of perfectly balanced cars born in the world of Gran Turismo, designed to be the pinnacle of the Nations Cup. I find that for those reasons the Red Bull should be the car to represent the ideals of Sport.

When I picture the game in my head, it's images like this that come to mind first:

1641768890631.png

Last edited:
I think it's kind of interesting seeing the Red Bull X2019 Competition absent from the poll. I went with the Supra Racing Concept since that car was made by Toyota for the game, and it represents the competition aspect of Sport as well as Toyota's increasing partnership with Polyphony this generation. (they are now official sponsors of GT's Esports as well)

But to me the X2019 really represents the feel of Sport the most. The idea of perfectly balanced cars born in the world of Gran Turismo, designed to be the pinnacle of the Nations Cup. I find that for those reasons the Red Bull should be the car to represent the ideals of Sport.

When I picture the game in my head, it's images like this that come to mind first:

View attachment 1104781
Read this for why OP didn't consider the X2019:

I considered the X2019. How many players have entered the WT? What makes the X2019 the most popular choice that is a must have that defines Sport Mode? WT is not required to buy the car to use as the most popular. Those cars are given.

Right... and there are cars that fit everything of what you just posted. There is a car that is the most popular, or the most successful, or strongest, or most commonly used. That's the car that defines Sport Mode. Sport Mode is the place all players enter to test their skill versus others. What is going to be the one car they must use to be competitive over all events?

Again, this limits choices due to how Sport Mode is designed. Players aren't going to recommend buying an AMG 300SEL as a must buy through one's Sport Mode career, per se. Some will say, buy a Supra for Gr.3, Slophy for Gr.4, TS050 for Gr.1, GT-R for Gr.2, Honda SF19 for Gr.X. In Sport Mode, knowing how the events are staged over the past four years, what is the one stand out car that defines Sport Mode? The GT S cover car and Red Bull X2019 are a bit misleading, as we rarely use those cars for majority of Sport Mode.

Does that help to understand what I explained?
My implication with what OP said is that this also includes dailies in addition to championship races, in which use of Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars are even more frequent.

Back