Which car gives you the best road feel?

• Thread starter red7
  • 22 comments
More specifically which car, on which track, with what wheel your using gives you the most response in terms of force feedback and "bump mapping" which does seem to exist at tracks like daytona.

I find most cars to feel rather sterile and vague which I suppose has to do with the road car supensions soaking up most of the imperfections and yet some allow a little more feedback than others. For example the Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 gives me more of the little bumps than the Lancer X does-(S-AWC) dynamic handling system?

I find that:

-The cappucino/tuned on S1 or N3 tires(abs off, no other tuning)

-@daytona road course

-using a DFP with power steering off/simulation steering/FF 10

gives me the best feel of bumps especially through the horse-shoe on the back straight through the end of the tri-oval coming into to turn 1. Almost skips around.

The nissan GT-R on N3s gives me the best overall FF though.

Lately I've been spending a lot of time with the Lotus Elise 111R equipped with N2 tires. With the FFB on my G25 set to the highest possible setting (10), the steering feels right. For the FFB, I would agree the Nissan GT-R with the N3 is just splendid.

The lotus does give decent feedback and the chassis is very reactive. I'm hoping pd will continue to refine the FF and track bumps to create a more involving drive. Are you using abs at all?

The lotus does give decent feedback and the chassis is very reactive. I'm hoping pd will continue to refine the FF and track bumps to create a more involving drive. Are you using abs at all?

I do use ABS. Hopefully, in GT5 the FFB power will be increased slightly. As to road bumps- in GT4 the most apparent are the Nordscheliefe and le Sarthe.

I love the AMG, especially in the current 650pp Suzuka online event, and it's pretty quick. It gives me lots of feedback.

for me the f430 has a great feel, enough power while still being graceful through a corner and I always use the in car view just seems more immersive

Ferrari F40
I completely changed the gear transmission ratio.
Perfect oversteer even on (F)R3-(R)S3.

514HP
1149KG
Ride Height -15 -13
Spring Rate 10 10
Damping 5 4
Max Turning Angle 50
Transmission:
1st: 85
2nd: 140
3rd: 194
4th: 249
5th: 300
Final 4.500

Not to so much bumps, but a fair few cars give a good impression of what driving around Suzuka is like, especially the exit of Spoon, some cars have trouble gaining traction and grip here and its one of my favourite parts of this game to get right. At the moment I'm using the Jaguar XK around there and it slides all over the place reacting to the surface, letting you feel your way around the grip and working out a good line with the best traction.
Its not so much information from force feedback, its more how the car is reacting to the circuit, where its placed, what you're doing with the steering, throttle etc.

I did the Integra race at daytona speedway yesterday and I bumped into another car that turned out in front of me, so I wiped out. That wipeout felt real, so I watched the replay and it looked really good too. I started to wipeout about in the middle of the long straight and I didn't get control of the car again until i was in the beginning of the corner. The side of the road there is a little bumpy so I did a bit of airtime as well.

Maybe that's not a good road experience though :P. I think about any car at Eiger is amazing road feeling. You can drive a lot faster if you aim your tires right to get perfect balance.But it's a thin line between that and crashing. I especially like the high speed right to left in the beginning of Eiger Reverse. Right before the tunnel.

A RL go-kart :D

I was just out in Kentucky at a place called Kart Kountry and boy- the feel of the front wheels biting, where you try to let them catch and give you oversteer rather than just slipping and plowing into the corner- it's a little more realistic than GT5p :)

Back