which car have u used to beat Umbria Rally hard?

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnnybravo1
  • 20 comments
  • 7,447 views
Messages
25
I´ve won some street rallies using the Jaguar XJ race car, auto gear set to 1 and gear ratios maxxed, to compensate several penalities when the opponent forced me onto the wall.
Which car have u used to beat the hard Umbria rally? A race car? It seems that the opponents of those 2 races are always powerful race cars.
 
Hiya johnnybravo1:
My advice is to "Fight FIRE with FIRE." I just ran it & my opposition was the newest EVO WRC Ride. Any of the WRC rides should do it here. I'm using the "Prize Car" LANCIA Delta S4 Rally Car '85 just to add another entry to my list of races which can be won with the Prize Car w/OUT HP upgrades. WAY too much HP, :trouble: think I'll try the second round w/something else. GOOD LUCK! 👍 ...O.G. :D
 
old geezer, i really appreciate your kindly help but er hum i am let me say ur lazy and would like to beat it with a 1 pt opponent. you know after those crazy 250 pt missions i need a holiday and think i deserve it really.
 
:lol: Well the Lancia was only good for 6 A-Spec Points I think! I just ran it the "Other Way" with the MITSUBISHI CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car '02 you win at the Grand Canyon. 335 HP yielded a whopping 10 A-Spec points BUT a much more satisfying race...O.G. :D
 
Old Geezer, gracias. Ouch, there goes the Jaguar XJR again directly from his tomb, smashing all the narrow streets of Umbria. Umbrians, get out! (I just can't, on a Saturday afternoon, bear anything more than 1 pt.
 
As soon as i won the LANCIA Delta S4 Rally Car '85 i used it to complete all of the remaining rallies. This car blows 95% of the compotition away, the only time i had trouble with it was trying to beat that really fast car on the last 'wet' course, it may have been an R8 but i cant remember exactly (sorry i cant be more specific but i've got 'bob' doing an enduro for me so cant check). Anyway to cut a long story short: use the LANCIA Delta S4 Rally Car '85 for all rallies and you cant go far wrong!
 
Rigger, do you say that a rally car is better for the city rallies? I have only used race cars so far. Supersoft tires, maxim accel, no aids.
 
I woudnt say it was the best car for the city rallies but it is definately a good one. because theres no tyre wear you can (as u stated) use the supersoft tyres. I only used it cos i decided to have a "rally session" (to complete all the rallies in one go) and i couldnt be bothered to change cars for each race. I was surprised at how well the car coped on all of the tracks and it certainly made winning easy. Other than the tyres i left the car totally stock and turned all the aids off (TCS may have been on 1 but i cant remember). The best thing about this car is its blinding acceleration (i think its the reason the races were so easy) it leaves most other cars for dead, be it at the start line or accelerating out of corners.
 
Rigger, i will try it on the second hard Tahiti rally instead. Did you tune it up? I mean some more hp, etc.
 
Hey dude, try the Motul Z. It takes off well, handles well, and the brakes are great. Plus it has at least 100 more horsepower than any of those stock rally cars.
 
nah theres no need, its got all the power you could ever want. Good luck with your race! The only advice i can give you is to take the corners slow and everwhere inbetween use the acceleration of this beast to make the opponents 'eat your dust' lol
 
I used the Toyota Supra RZ with everything except a turbo equipped. The race was only worth 8 points though.
 
Defintively not a rally car, which i think would be better used on dirt tracks. Since I am not ashamed of facing an 1 pt race for a change, I will try some race cars starting with my Jaguar beast, perhaps giving the motul z a go should my Jaguar become as lazy as myself. I am now 72.8% and wish to make it a round 73% before bed-time. Maybe maybe maybe I will give a boost on the remaining hard Tahiti, with the Lancia which is rather idle at my yard. After wall, this Lancia should earn its daily fuel.
 
I used the 190E touring car, it drives like it's on rails on those tight streets.
 
The formula gran turismo :lol: is the best for non-dirt or snow rally
 
gt_masta
The formula gran turismo :lol: is the best for non-dirt or snow rally
I just gotta ask "gt_masta"...WHY in the World would you use a Formula GT Ride to race a 299 HP Rallye Ride? :confused: ...O.G. :D
 
sometimes, gt_masta is right, is good for the golliath to beat david, don´t you think? just for a change.
 
johnnybravo1
sometimes, gt_masta is right, is good for the golliath to beat david, don´t you think? just for a change.
Just a different philosophy towards the Game I guess :indiff: Personally I get MUCH more satisfaction out of beating the Game using a LESSER ride. (Like JGTC @ GTWC) BUT to each his own...O.G. :D
 
Personally, I think you're going about this in completely the wrong manner. What you need for those courses is less power, smaller size, and a more nimble car.

I run through the city rallies a lot, they are my favorite races, using road cars, *not racing cars of any kind*. The cars are fully tuned, and even the hard rallies rarely come out to be more than a 10 point race with these cars.

My favorites are:

Lotus Elise 111r
Opel Speedster
54' Gullwing (remember you can use racing Super Softs because the rallies don't have tire wear, you'll need them on a fully-tuned gullwing or you will rip the rear tires completely off)
Lancia Stratos (74?)
Yellowbird
Ruf CTR
Ford GT (harder to win in despite the power because it doesn't handle as well as the the smaller cars in these tight courses)

You get the idea.
 
I used the formula GT to pratice and improve lap time and control on tight track, because I think that the AI is not good enough to be called a challenge even in a lesser car so the challenge for me is to do the best lap and pratice.
 
Back