Which car should I use for 24 Hours of Le Mans A-Spec race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scarfaceboy
  • 19 comments
  • 4,398 views
Messages
6
Messages
slickboi69
hey guys, this is my first thread here so i was just wondering what car should i use for the 24 hrs of le mans?
preferbably a premium car
i was thinking of grinding to get the Mazda 787b because i hear it is realllly a dream to drive.
what do you guys think?
 
It depends on how good you are, and what kind of challenge you want.
In the dry, the top AI {Audi R8} does 3:38-3:40s
With a built 908, I can do 21's.
I took all the turbos off, and decreased the power to 92%.
I was doing 33's with that set up.
And still could out drive it in everywhere but the beginning of the straights.
But I was geared for more hp, and top end.

I used the Wiki Tune for it.
 
Well If you just want to win go to the x2010. For a challenge just pick any of the lmp1 cars and leave it unmodded.

Good luck and have fun :)
 
I did 2.58.xxx - 3.05.xxx rounds with my 787B Stealth model... Fully upgraded and tuned with 923 BHP and a DS3 controller.
It is indeed pure love to drive :D My favorite car above any other in this game.

The top AI car did 3.15.xxx-3.30.xxx laps... The whole race was on dry surface.
 
I did 2.58.xxx - 3.05.xxx rounds with my 787B Stealth model... Fully upgraded and tuned with 923 BHP and a DS3 controller.
It is indeed pure love to drive :D My favorite car above any other in this game.

The top AI car did 3.15.xxx-3.30.xxx laps... The whole race was on dry surface.

Is there anyway to make it not rain?
 
Why does no one like rain? It makes time go much quicker and make the race more enjoyable.

I used the Minolta. Thrashed the competetion but of course its standard. I would recommened the 787B, because its fun to drive and looks beautiful
 
crooky369 - Is there anyway to make it not rain?

I think, rain is an advantage for the player because the AI becomes slower in the rain. I'm planning to do the 24h of Le Mans next weekend and my best car so far is the NISSAN R92CP
 
I think, rain is an advantage for the player because the AI becomes slower in the rain. I'm planning to do the 24h of Le Mans next weekend and my best car so far is the NISSAN R92CP
Big time, except I was not about to drive for 6+ hours in the rain,
so for the last 2, I cheated like all hell.
AI was doing 4:20's
My best was 3:40 :crazy:

Why does no one like rain? It makes time go much quicker and make the race more enjoyable.
Because if you ever actually drove a car { in my case, motorcycles}
in the rain, on rain tires, you would know exactly how far off the
game's physics are.
I can slow from 200 down to 20 in no time flat, yet if I try to
corner with any throttle at all, I'm spinning out.
If the physics were anywhere near real, I would jump at the chance
to trash the competition in the rain.
My biggest complaint about the game 👎
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i would use the audi r10. you can mod it if you really want to but if u think about it, audi's open top deisel lmp cars have won the 24 hours of le mans like 8 of the past 10 years. that and its open top so if it rains you aren't handicapped by windshield wipers and low visibility from water on the windshields.
 
I'm planning win that race with something pretty unique... a Gillet Vertigo :D

Hope I don't get destroyed :scared:
 
I'm planning win that race with something pretty unique... a Gillet Vertigo :D

Hope I don't get destroyed :scared:

You may struggle to win with that in the dry...
 
Go with a premium LMP car such as the Audi R10, Mazda 787B or one of the Peugeots.
 
I've done my testing.. I think I'll do it in the R10, It may be slower than some of the other cars, but I compared my lap times to other cars such as the 908 and the 787B, it isn't too far off. I also did 2 laps around the Sarthe circuit and beat a field of 16 LMP and Group C cars. 👍
 
I plan on using the 908 HDi fap diesel. I dont want to just get over with no challenge or fun with a X1 like everyone else. I wish gt5 had more lmp cars. I would love to use the 007 Aston Martin Lola check it out on youtube sounds awesome.
 
wow thanks guys
just grinding right now until the next patch comes out so we can have in-race game saving
the i will do the 24 hr race without my ps3 blowing up
 
I'm waiting for mid-race save option, after that I'll do it in either:
- Audi R10 TDi (when I buy one)
- Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Team Peugeot
- Mazda 787B
- Maybe one of Group C cars: Jaguar XJR-9 (if I find one) or Nissan R92CP
If I will do this more times, I'd use something slower for harder challenge (McLaren F1 GTR LM, Bentley Speed 8, AMG CLK LM, etc.)
 
The 787b is dream to drive - yes but the R8 will be always on your tail - you cant escape like with the X1
But if u like it very hard then go ahead...
you will have to drive for sure over 22 hours with it...

So i suggest u do it with the X1, you will drive only 16h - then park it

With 787b i managed in the 3rd hour of race to lap the R8 - then i gave up... its hard
X1 my choice - it will be a bit boring but race will finish earlier for you
 
I'm waiting for mid-race save option, after that I'll do it in either:
- Audi R10 TDi (when I buy one)
- Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Team Peugeot
- Mazda 787B
- Maybe one of Group C cars: Jaguar XJR-9 (if I find one) or Nissan R92CP
If I will do this more times, I'd use something slower for harder challenge (McLaren F1 GTR LM, Bentley Speed 8, AMG CLK LM, etc.)

the Bentley Speed 8 is one of the fastest racecars....
 
audi's open top deisel lmp cars have won the 24 hours of le mans like 8 of the past 10 years.

Not to nit pick but, technically, Audi’s open cockpit diesel LMP racecars have won four out of the last five 24 Hours of Le Mans. The R8, which won in 2000-2002 & 2004-2005, was a 3.6 liter twin-turbo V8 fueled by gasoline.
 
Last edited:
Back