Which car will be your first $20 million purchase? (Poll)

Which car will be your first $20 million purchase?

• Ferrari 330 P4

Votes: 51 44.7%
  • Jaguar XJ13

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • Ferrari 250 GTO

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Ford MARK lV

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Lamborghini Miura P400

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Jaguar D-TYpe

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Shelby Cobra Daytona

Votes: 23 20.2%

• Total voters
United States
Space Coast
Chevy_Heavy
So with the Louis Hamilton DLC release these cars will be more accessible to a lot of people. I'm not interested in which car is the best to beat the 1979 Nostalgic race. Rather I would like to hear which cars are most enjoyable to drive or perhaps which one you will buy when you have the credits. I myself am thinking the Ferrari 250 or possibly the Miura. Please select one $15m car and one $20 m car.

I finished the Hamilton time trial today and got the big money so I was finally able to get all the high rollers. I tried them all except for the D-Type (had no time lol). All of them are crazy fun. The 330 P4, XJ13 and Mk4 Ford are very fast and easy to control, plus they have that classic Le Mans charm to them. My personal favorites are the Giulia TZ2 and the Cobra Daytona though. They are not as fast but have a special place in my heart because of their design.

If you can, just buy all of them (they are worth it if you are really into cars).

Can we vote if we have already bought our first 20m car??

Sure since obviously that was your first choice. Or if you have more than one and you like that one better you could vote for that. As I said I'm looking for the most desirable car to drive really. It will probably take awhile to platinum all challenges so I'll only be picking up one for the time being. I just figured this poll would help out others too that are on the fence as to which car to buy.

I’ve grinded quite a few of the really expensive cars. Visually (and IRL) the Ford MkIV is my fave, but to me the Ferrari 330 P4 is the nicest to drive.

If I had the knowledge I have about them now, and was buying my first 20M car, it would be the Ford Mk IV. Very relaxing to drive with loads of character while being just as fast as the XJ13 and only slightly slower than the 330P4. The honorable mention in that category goes to the 250 GTO - just about useless as a racing car in this game without extensive tuning (which kills its character completely) but a very nice car to drive.

Similarly, when buying my first 15M car, it would be the Shelby Daytona. The same positive arguments as for the Mk IV but also noticably faster than anything else outside the "big three". Steer well clear of the D-Type, it's an oversteering nightmare. On the other hand the Miura, while not really worth its price tag, has the advantage of being able to be used in N class races... but I'd still pick the Shelby.

And as I've said in every thread about these vintage racers, and in this case it would be especially appropriate as you're not looking for a race winner, forget those racing tyres and use Comfort Softs. The true nature of the cars is much better experienced on them as the grip levels fall to where they were in the sixties.

Not sure I can recommend the 330 P4.

It's the quickest of the bunch but it doesn't drive as I'd imagine it to. The car is quite stiff for an old car and quite hard to chuck about.

I'm at $19.7 right now and I probably need to spend just to get the money now. There's no point bouncing at the $19 mil. mark but I dont have that much to buy.

330p4 will probably be it.

Technically the Miura was my first $15m car as it was a Daily Workout prize one day when PD must have been feeling particularly generous. Had I a choice in the matter however it would have been the Jaguar D-Type so I could stick on the Le Mans 56 Ecurie Ecosse livery and go driving about in VR with the (virtual) wind in my hair.

As for the 20m car I've been on a mad grind these last few weeks after seeing Ford v Ferrari (aka Le Mans '66) at the cinema. The Ferrari 330 P4 was the first purchase and I just managed to get my mitts on the GT40 Mk IV last night. i'm looking forward to racing them head-to-head on 2-player split-screen!

I'm at $19.7 right now and I probably need to spend just to get the money now. There's no point bouncing at the $19 mil. mark but I dont have that much to buy.

330p4 will probably be it.
Good choice - there's a thread somewhere here with a tune for it (and the Jag, came from HSG on Youtube) and it tamed the beast! Much nicer to drive after adjusting.

Well yes I do like the 330 p4.

HSG tune, std power std weight (I'm not dumping 10,000 points on a L1 pwr/weight upgrade!)... its clear this thing is substantially more competitve than the Daytona.

My feeling is that for someone like me who only had the Daytona, the 330 should really crush anyone on the 79 races.

Now I'm broke with 25,000 credits to my name!

I bought the 330 first to complete the GT League races, then the Miura as it is eligible for quite a few races.

After that, I'm looking towards the new additions next, such as the D Type and Aston, because these were not in GT6. Having played GT6, I don't feel in any hurry for the XJ13 and Mark IV as they are not new to me.

First high cost car I got was the Shelby Daytona - Fun to drive and sounds brilliant and a favourite of mine.
2nd car was the 330P4 - For grinding the Nostalgia Races
4th came the Muira as it’s useable for different races and categories in Campaign races

Not sure what comes next I’m tired of grinding and have a few of the 1 Million cars to get.

No mention of my 3rd purchase the Ferrari 250 SWB which is another fun and more useful purchase.

I won’t be doing the Hamilton Time Trials.

Well it took an absolute age to get the Daytona and the 330p4. At this point I'm getting $150-200k a day so maybe a million a week.

So at this point I feel like the next cars will be the XJ13 and MkIV. Should have both before the end of the the quarter?

Latest Posts

Back