which car you use in the Nurburgring 24 hours ? (A-Spec)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cucobr
  • 18 comments
  • 4,288 views
Messages
227
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Hello everyone!
I was thinking here .. I'm really looking forward to racing in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring ... but I'm very undecided what car should run.

Cars like the Audi R10 and Peugeot 908 are more like Le Mans 24 Hours.

So I ask, to make this race close to reality, what car would you use?


ps: RedBull X1 Prototype is not worth an answer, because I want to close the reality of this wonderful race.
 
Depends on what the competitors are running. Falken GT-R and Spoon S2000 race car have both raced there in real life.

Edit: BMW M3 GTR race car has actually won the race once.
 
Unfortunatly they ruined the event by making it full of LMP and Group C cars. So you'll need one of those to win.
 
What do you think the Ford GT Gran Turismo brand?
 
Since they've made it more or less necessary to run this event multiple times to reach level 40, they should have had an option for different opponent grid setups (with different race restrictions of course). This way you could experience the race in quite different ways. And PD would have gotten credit for more variety in events.

But no, they only had 5 years to make the game, I guess coming up with that was too hard.
 
DTM,GT2,GT1,or pre '70 Race Cars are all good.
Or you could take a premium supercar and fully tune it:tup:
 
who has done 4+ endurances races with the DS3??

it's fine?
 
gambleboyen
Since they've made it more or less necessary to run this event multiple times to reach level 40

You don't unlock the race until you hit level 40...
 
I'll be doing it in Zonda R or McLaren F1.
 
Unfortunatly they ruined the event by making it full of LMP and Group C cars. So you'll need one of those to win.

I'm doing just fine in my Chaparral 2D Race Car '67.
 
I am going to do it in a R8 '05 LMP. It surprisingly handles really well. Another option is the Toyota GT-One or Minolta. Both handle well, but I am able to save my tires better in the R8 '05, to the point of comfortably doing 3 laps per set. The trick to using these LMP cars on the ring is to lower the spring settings and raise the car. Ie I like it lower than 12.0, so I lower the front and rear springs by 20% of their current value, so if the front was 14.0 and the back was 15.0 I would lower to 11.2 in front and 12.0 in the rear. Then set the shocks by dividing the spring rates by 2, ie 11.2 would be a 6 and so would 12.0.

Of course I am trying to do it in the fastest that I can comfortably and with fun do it in, ie I couldn't do 24hours of X2010. But as Welsh-Fury pointed out you can use something as slow as a 2D if you are a very consistent driver. Or for something a little faster you can do it in a Mazda Furai. The Furai would probably be the slowest car I could use and still win it. However I would rather win it with a bigger margin so at the end when I just want it over with I can park my car and let time run out.
 
Fully tuned Lexus ISF RM or Corvette ZR1 RM will do it for me. Just make sure you're comfortable in whatever you choose and make sure you can easily do 8:30-ish or under laps in it.
 
Back