Japanese events
driving missions
special conditions (easy)
special conditions (normal)
special conditions (hard)
manufacturers events (all)
endurance events
percentage completion
prize cars from GT4 US/japan that exist in the PAL (EU) version.

Now I need to sell:
cars that are purchasable new and used but cannot be won
cars that are purchasable new and used
duplicates in my garage (black editions dont count, if theres a normal and specical color of the same car then normal color is sold.

However, I'm not sure which ones meet the above criteria, I know there is lists on the web that say which car is a prize car, which isnt, which is both, etc but even these are confusing.
For example some say its PAL and has a 'Vitz' but I got a 'Yaris' prize car for the 'vitz race')
So I decided to ask here despite the game being quite old now.

Here is my garage (I wont paste it directly here to save space)
http://pastebin.com/Bu8jk6xt

Cheers, Snipe

Last edited:
For example some say its PAL and has a 'Vitz' but I got a 'Yaris' prize car for the 'vitz race')
Same car, different names for different regions.

See also Eunos Roadster & Roadster (NTSC/J) vs MX-5 (PAL) vs MX-5 Miata (NTSC-UC)

Yes some have different names but are the same car but others have different cars right?
EG in the licenses there's different prizes too for different versions of the game.
I thought a vitz was a different shape to a yaris.

Is there different prizes for getting silver or bronze in the manufacturers races/other races (excluding license tests)?.

Is there any secret cars for gt4
EG in GT3 there's the Diablo race car

Is there any cars that vary depending on what language you have the game set to
EG in gt3 there's Opel and Vauxhall maybe there's Honda and Actura now or something for gt4?

I'm sure there was a Ford Transit in GT4 arcade mode > 2 player split screen

Last edited:
Yes some have different names but are the same car but others have different cars right?
Nope.
EG in the licenses there's different prizes too for different versions of the game.
Nope. The only difference in licence tests prizes is an Acura DN-X Concept for NTSC-UC to a Honda Dualnote Concept for PAL/NTSC-J - and they're the same car with a different name.
I thought a vitz was a different shape to a yaris.
Nope.
Is there different prizes for getting silver or bronze in the manufacturers races/other races (excluding license tests)?
There are silver/bronze car prizes yes, but they're the same in each version.
Is there any secret cars for gt4
EG in GT3 there's the Diablo race car
Not really no.
Is there any cars that vary depending on what language you have the game set to
EG in gt3 there's Opel and Vauxhall maybe there's Honda and Actura now or something for gt4?
Nope. Vauxhall and Opel are again separate - only English language PAL versions get Vauxhall (which means you can get 101.2% by changing language in the PAL version and completing the Opel One Make races).
I'm sure there was a Ford Transit in GT4 arcade mode > 2 player split screen
VERY nope.

Incidentally, we wrote a book that covered all of this information - and the same for every other Gran Turismo game - called GTPEDIA. It's in my avatar and also in the link at the top of the page that says "GTPEDIA" (next to "News", "Forums" and "Tunes")

Last edited:
In the license tests you get a prize car for all bronze or better on a given license. You get another for all silver or better. You get a third prize for all golds on the license. This is the only time you get a prize car for less-than-first-place except for 25%, 50% and 100% completion.

My Version of GT4 (pal, any language) has Opel and Vauxhaull dealers but only Opel one make races.

Last edited:
My Version of GT4 (pal, any language) has Opel and Vauxhaull dealers but only Opel one make races.
Sorry, I was talking about in GT3 - you could switch from English (Vauxhall) to any other language (Opel) in the start menu and get different one make races that allowed you to reach 101.2%, but only on PAL copies.

I seem to be getting a Clio sport v6 24v racecar instead of the Lutecia sport v6 24v racecar.
Is this normal?
It's in the Clio Trophy one make race.

Are users allowed to post gamesaves in the forums or is that disallowed

I seem to be getting a Clio sport v6 24v racecar instead of the Lutecia sport v6 24v racecar.
Is this normal?
It's in the Clio Trophy one make race.
Yep. Clio in PAL/NTSC-UC, Lutecia in NTSC-J. Same car

Are the black versions of the cars considered prizes/bonuses or not?
I know there available in the used car showroom but when you buy them then sell them again they don't go back to 'used cars' :odd:.
The color change obviously infers that its a 'special car'. It looks very plain with no sponsors or anything, much like the other black edition cars so this got me thinking.
Is the black Polyphony Gran Turismo a 'black edition' since that color is only available if you complete the game 100%.

Last edited:
Are the black versions of the cars considered prizes/bonuses or not?
I know there available in the used car showroom but when you buy them then sell them again they don't go back to 'used cars' :odd:.
The color change obviously infers that its a 'special car'. It looks very plain with no sponsors or anything, much like the other black edition cars so this got me thinking.
Is the black Polyphony Gran Turismo a 'black edition' since that color is only available if you complete the game 100%.
You don't win them, you buy them. Prize cars are won , not bought. To connect the dots for you here, since you buy them and not win them, they are not prize cars.

No cars become available in the used car lots as a result of your having sold them. The "black beauties" will reappear in the used car lots, regardless of how many of them you'd previously bought/sold on a regular basis. Every 700 days, they're available for a week. Even if you bought one 700 days ago, and another 1400 days ago.

You don't win them, you buy them. Prize cars are won , not bought. To connect the dots for you here, since you buy them and not win them, they are not prize cars.

No cars become available in the used car lots as a result of your having sold them. The "black beauties" will reappear in the used car lots, regardless of how many of them you'd previously bought/sold on a regular basis. Every 700 days, they're available for a week. Even if you bought one 700 days ago, and another 1400 days ago.
Days 694-700 of every 700 day cycle, if I recall correctly.

Ford Transit? There was no Ford Transit in GT4, I think...
That's not really necessary, given that I already said there wasn't a Ford Transit in GT4. It was unequivocal.
It was some van, I'm not sure which one though
The nearest you'll get to a van in GT4 is the Honda Odyssey, which is a people carrier, or Renault Avantime, which is an MPV-styled 2 door coupe...

Latest Posts

Back