Which cars in GT5 are made up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eldagore
  • 9 comments
  • 2,691 views
Messages
33
Messages
Eldagore
So I was wondering today, of the 1000+ cars in GT5, how many are created by Kaz and crew at PD? I know pretty well all of them are based off of real models, What I would like to know is which ones are "tuned by PD" or "tuned by gran tourismo" or just plain ol made up out of fancy?
 
Quite a few. Some date back to GT3. Basically the ones with no year at the end. The RMs aren't real either.

The ones I can name off the top of my head are:

Pagani Zonda Race Car
Jaguar XJ220 Race Car
Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car
Honda Integra Touring Car
Mitubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Ford GT Test Car

Etc.
 
The RMs aren't real either.

You can see that the Honda NSX RM is a real-life car - I'll see if I can find a link to the thread... and yes, it's an Acura before it's modded.

I've edited your other list slightly too:

Pagani Zonda Race Car - REAL
Jaguar XJ220 Race Car - REAL
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car - REAL
Honda Integra Touring Car - REAL
Mitubishi FTO Super Touring Car - No idea
Ford GT Test Car - Definitely made up
Etc.
 
I've edited your other list slightly too:
Pagani Zonda Race Car - REAL
Jaguar XJ220 Race Car - REAL
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car - REAL
Honda Integra Touring Car - REAL
Source?
 

I think he can tell of the description or something that the game supplies.

Anyway, Like the others say some of the LMs are made up, but the FGT is also made up as well. I think there's more..

@freight48

I don't think so. The car has been made in real life and the creation year is added so technically, it isn't a made up car. Sure, it is a bit made up, but it is based on passion and the inspiration to create a super quick car.
 
You can see that the Honda NSX RM is a real-life car - I'll see if I can find a link to the thread... and yes, it's an Acura before it's modded.

I've edited your other list slightly too:

Pagani Zonda Race Car - REAL
Jaguar XJ220 Race Car - REAL
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car - REAL
Honda Integra Touring Car - REAL
Mitubishi FTO Super Touring Car - No idea
Ford GT Test Car - Definitely made up
Etc.
Not exactly though. The cars, as they exist in RL, are slightly different form the cars as they exist in GT.

XJ220LM is only in GT.
IMG0008.JPG


XJ220C was the real race car.
3761652801_1de0e0e715.jpg
 
MuoNiuLa said X2010 earlier and I agree to that. The virtual one is made before the real-life one.

Some others:
PDI Race kart
350Z Z33 GT4 limited - Z33 spin-off featured back into GT4
350Z Z33 S-tune by Gran Turismo - 350Z S-tune spin-off featured back into GT4
The weird-looking 350Z in the Gran Turismo Dealership - same with the one above?
IS-F RM - looks like real, someone please take out the differences between this and the one used my Kaz in the Nurburgring 24 hours? (see the GT TV video then you'll know)
The stealth and chrome line cars- they're basically souped-up versions of their RL counterparts
 
GT kart
Ford GT lm race car Spec II
RX-8 LM Concept race car
 
Back