Which cars in which championship

• Thread starter Paulzx
  • 4 comments
Paulzx
Just getting back into ACC on PS4 and really loving it again, but I have a few questions..

So when you go to single game and practice or custom race etc, you get to pick from a few teams for each car type, on the 9911 GT3 R I'm really liking the Rowe motor oil car, but are these different team cars just different livery option or do they all handle differently?

Second question.. when I select a 2020 championship season, the porsche isn't even available in some types of championship. You can select sprint, endurance, all or custom. The porsche isn't available in sprint or all, why is that, did the car not run in those real life championships?

That leads me on to a third question, are the sprint and endurance championships two separate real world events? What is the ALL championship and why is the porsche not available, only six cars available there

Last edited by a moderator:
For the different teams the cars should all feel the same, just livery changes.

Not sure about #2 & #3, but I would guess that the Porsche didn't run in those series'.

Just getting back into ACC on PS4 and really loving it again, but I have a few questions..

So when you go to single game and practice or custom race etc, you get to pick from a few teams for each car type, on the 9911 GT3 R I'm really liking the Rowe motor oil car, but are these different team cars just different livery option or do they all handle differently?

Second question.. when I select a 2020 championship season, the porsche isn't even available in some types of championship. You can select sprint, endurance, all or custom. The porsche isn't available in sprint or all, why is that, did the car not run in those real life championships?

That leads me on to a third question, are the sprint and endurance championships two separate real world events? What is the ALL championship and why is the porsche not available, only six cars available there
For the different teams the cars should all feel the same, just livery changes.

Not sure about #2 & #3, but I would guess that the Porsche didn't run in those series'.
So... it's like this.

The real world GT World Challenge consists of two completely separate championships, but both also count toward a combined championship. With the Fanatec GT Challenge, it's actually now three separate championships, but that's not in ACC because it would get a bit recursive (competing in a virtual sprint version of a real endurance race for real championship points... virtually).

There's the GT World Challenge Sprint Cup, which features short races of around an hour in length for fields of around 25 cars and a mandatory driver change. There's also the GT World Challenge Endurance Cup, which features races from three hours long up to 24 hours (Spa), with larger fields of up to 60 cars, and several driver changes, depending on race length.

Some cars and teams only compete in the Sprint Cup. Some cars and teams (and drivers) only compete in the Endurance Cup. Some cars and teams (and drivers) only compete in the 24 Hours of Spa specifically. This is why you'll find some cars are only selectable for Sprint/Endurance/Spa 24, because the teams and the driver line-ups only compete in those specific events.

However several cars and teams compete across both championships (with additional drivers for the Endurance races and especially Spa). That's because points for both are aggregated for an overall championship too - with fewer points for Sprint, more for the short Endurances, event more for the longer Endurances, and even more for Spa including points for positions at half distance.

So you'll only be able to select cars that do Sprint races in the Sprint races, Endurance races in the Endurance races, Spa 24 in the Spa 24, and only those that race in all events for the combined championship season.

That's what I suspected but thanks for explaining it properly. So when choosing a championship season, if I select ALL presumably that will put me in the complete roster of aggregated events across the entire championship, but only allow me a car that actually competes in all the real life events etc?

Latest Posts

Back