Which classes would you remove from Daily Races?

• Thread starter KK78
  • 29 comments

Which classes would you remove from Daily Races?

• N Class- N100-N500

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • N Class- N600-N1000

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Gr.X

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Gr.B

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Gr.4

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Gr.3

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Gr.2

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Gr.1

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • One Make

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
Yorkshire, UK
We often debate whether GT Sport should add more daily races and I think most agree it would be nice but also unlikely due to the player base size and PD's pushing of the FIA races.

So if it was your choice, which classes would you remove altogether from Sport mode? No more N class races? take out Gr.X? Have a daily race which is only ever GR.1 or Gr.2?

In an ideal world PD would add another race or two as there is no Class I desperately want to go, but in it's current form I'd rather have a choice of interesting races to go for rather than the more typical outcome which is there's only one race I want to do because, well there's one N class in a shopping trolley and another 'One Make' in a rarely used Gr.X car that just seems to be there for novelty value or something. I often feel some use of the rarer entries (Gr.X or B for example) is a bit pointless as what Sport Mode does need is for racers to get more and more familiar with a set class or classes not just everything, here and there, over a very long period of time.

Personally, I'd be ok to see the higher N500-N1000 classes go altogether, often these races just are a bit all over the place because the higher powered cars in N class are too hot to handle. The 'One make' mode should also be far more restricted and less used, having the same car day after day is really annoying, particularly if it's an N100 tootling around the Nordschleife for a lap or something, I'd also ship out Gr.B, I just don't think it works most of the time competitively.

Just my view though, what do you guys think?

* I've added 'One make' as a class which of course technically it isn't but I think it's relevant to the debate

Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way,

I hate GrB races, so I avoid them. But I would not wish for them to be removed because I know some people love them...

That's a nonsensical idea. Why would we want to do this?

Why do you have to question peoples opinions and try to shoot them down?

None of them. That's a nonsensical idea. Why would we want to do this?

I think you've missed the point mate, it's theoretical, a discussion, people DO prefer some classes to others, some will not lose any sleep if they never see another Gr.X or Gr.4 race and since we are likely never to see a 4th or 5th race to be added to the game. For Sport mode to remain meaningful in the long term to as many players as possible it will have to change somehow. Take the last 2-3 days on here, many many players saying they ain't touching the mode because of the car/track combos. I'd wager that if, for example, every day you would definitely see a Gr.3/4 AND and Gr.1/2 race more people would be playing sport mode of the longer term and quite possibly enjoying it more too.

Whichever way you stretch it, that's not good and this thread is simply to discuss and see what the feeling is on the car classes.

Last edited:
I am simply asking how removing a car class from the daily race roster benefits the game?

By removing a class you don't like, you are essentially "questioning other peoples opinions and shooting them down" by removing what they like/think is important...

Does that mean the rally tracks should come to sport mode too then? They are in the game, and probably at least 6 people like them :D And of course the top N class cars never appear either (although I'm sure there has been an Enzo race before and a Veyron one too in Sport mode- but then I'm old and make things up:confused:)

Ouch, I knew B would be at the bottom of the pile here. Those cars are so much fun to drive too. I understand the sentiment as those cars really deserve proper Rallycross stages but it's still sad to see them at the bottom.

Ouch, I knew B would be at the bottom of the pile here. Those cars are so much fun to drive too. I understand the sentiment as those cars really deserve proper Rallycross stages but it's still sad to see them at the bottom.

This one track we had in the license tests!? The funky indoor track. Why cant they add Gr.B to this and do some rallycross events!? I dont know....

I voted for one-makes. Perhaps remove is a harsh sentiment. I'm thinking they could at least scale them back and refresh the Daily A so that it's more class inclusive. They could do N100 one day, N200 the next, (etc.) with the occasional one-make sprinkled in.

I voted for the GR.B as I prefer proper asphalt roadracing cars and have no fondness for running the rally types of tracks or events.

I voted GR.4 since it's just a more boring version of GR.3. There I said it

One thing to consider is that as newer drivers are advancing in developing their in game driving skill sets that the lower power and speeds generated by the GR.4 class versus the GR.3 cars makes a much easier job for them to start transferring towards racing a proper racing car than trying to jump straight into the GR.3 class.

Sometimes as we have gained experience personally we forget that other newer drivers are just starting to learn to drive without aids or trying to master not using TCS to be faster and the lower power cars make that learning curve easier as you climb the classes of both power and speed and have a very useful purpose to those still learning.

I could vote for individual N class cars to disappear but there are many more that I'd want to keep. I don't have a problem with any other groups so didn't vote for those either.

I guess I'll go find another thread to read.

Probably the N class cars.

But they should also cut out the meaningless and bad short races and make race c the default race length, imo.

Last edited:
I know it's not entirely the point of the OP question... but I wouldn't so much remove a class as I would restructure Sport Mode.

The main classes — Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.1 — should always have a daily race. I suppose Gr.2 qualifies as well, but I feel like it probably has less wide-spread appeal by dint of being so small (although hey, it should be the best balanced).

From there, throw in two more daily race options. One can be a random one-make from the road car ranks, and the other can focus on the other BoP'd classes or another one-make from Gr.X.

Keeping more in the spirit of the OP, if I had to cut anything, it'd be the higher-powered N class or Gr.B. The road cars generally feel like crap on street tires IMO, and throwing race tires on N class cars always feels odd. Gr.B still just doesn't make much sense in the game to me, either. The lower N classes come close to getting the boot too; I like driving them more, but there's not really a lot of tracks that suit slower machinery in GT Sport.

I know it's not entirely the point of the OP question... but I wouldn't so much remove a class as I would restructure Sport Mode.

The main classes — Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.1 — should always have a daily race. I suppose Gr.2 qualifies as well, but I feel like it probably has less wide-spread appeal by dint of being so small (although hey, it should be the best balanced).

From there, throw in two more daily race options. One can be a random one-make from the road car ranks, and the other can focus on the other BoP'd classes or another one-make from Gr.X.

Keeping more in the spirit of the OP, if I had to cut anything, it'd be the higher-powered N class or Gr.B. The road cars generally feel like crap on street tires IMO, and throwing race tires on N class cars always feels odd. Gr.B still just doesn't make much sense in the game to me, either. The lower N classes come close to getting the boot too; I like driving them more, but there's not really a lot of tracks that suit slower machinery in GT Sport.

Tuning could help remedy the poor drivability of some of the higher-powered N class. I'm hoping PD will allow tuning in Sport Mode at some point, though that seems like a pipe dream. If they can put caps on power/weight and designate the appropriate tire model, but leave everything else open to customization, then that would be great.

I wouldn’t remove any Car Class because I like racing any type of Cars, but instead I swear i would have a hell of a fun to remove at least a big bunch of crappy drivers to make the so called Destruction Derby Races or whatever the Class is ( Almost any N Class beyond N200 ) enjoyable, as People tend to be unable to handle anything higher especially when not driving on Racing Tires. You ask how?!
A pre qualify to prove that one is able to drive at least a few laps faultless. And of course with no aids just ABS, or real world aids.

That would be a great Solution in my Opinion as I think it’s the players that make some classes just a farce, not the Cars ;)

The Gr.B races tend to be a total ********, since they're ran on sport tires. Also, Gr.B is totally dominated by the Audi Quattro, nothing else stands a chance.

I mean, I don't want to remove anything from sport mode, but if I had to, it'd be that.

The Gr.B races tend to be a total ********, since they're ran on sport tires.
Haha true, but it’s not because of the Tires Man.
It’s like saying the food in Restaurant XY tastes horrible, but it’s the Cooks‘ fault to fabricate something delicious because he‘s just a Butcher and doesn’t know how to use these delicious Ingredients, know what i mean ;)

Next April Fools day, remove all cars and make everyone walk. :lol:

A serious suggestion though. Maybe highlight one of the user created Lobby races as a daily option. It would encourage creativity and user participation.

Apologies for wishing, but we should be able to click on Sport Mode and see a line up of Daily Races, like the old Seasonals.

A couple One Makes, as mentioned above about locked in Gr. 4, Gr. 3, Gr. 1 each day and various Nxxxx races.
Add in a World Time Attack for the weekend and everyone's happy.

Latest Posts

Back