Which do you like?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Grandorifto
  • 29 comments
  • 1,678 views
Messages
387
Canada
St. Catharines, ON. Canad
Messages
GTP_GODZlLLA (w/ 3 L's)
OF the three cars on the update to spec 3, which do you like the most? Also, along with this poll, has this new update rekindled your fire for gran turismo? What else were you hoping to see? Perosnally I wanted to see at least another track. The cars are an added bonus. anyway I just want to focus on the poll and your thoughts (pros and cons) on the new update. Enjoy the new cars, guys.👍

A.K.A. GTP_GODZlLLA
 
I voted just the California because thats the car I like the most, but I also like the Evora too.


As for pros and cons, there is a thead dedicated to that and threads dedicated to update discussion.
 
Without a doubt the Ferrari,but I am intriged by the Batmobile hope one day we have an event that we can actually use it in.:dunce:
 
I voted for the Ferrari and the Lotus because the Citroen is just so ungodly. It's insane! It accelerates so fast and looks so bad ass that there's just no way it'll get down to us the consumer.
 
I love how the California is such an easy car to drive until you push it. But if you want a crusing to victory kinda car. California is the one.
 
Without a doubt the Ferrari,but I am intriged by the Batmobile hope one day we have an event that we can actually use it in.:dunce:

I said before the update that if PD didn't make a CGT event then the car would be useless. At least if there was an event for it then it would have some kind of purpose.
 
i took the ferrari for a spin and hated it...
maybe i should drive it a bit more...
didn't really have the "ferrari feel"
 
The GT by Citroen looks like a wild beast wanting to eat and destory everything, but drives poorly, sounds boring and has poor cockpit visibility (thanks unnecessary speedo). The California while more fun for me to drive than the F430 as it's FR is just another lowsy sounding screaming Ferrari V8. The Lotus Evora, looks nice, sounds nice, handles great, but the gears are too long and can't even be tuned to be short enough. I still voted the Evora.
 
I voted for the Lotus Evora because it's the prettiest
 
Your a man who like your v6's, the good ol Toyota 3.5l 2GFE. :)

I knew very well what engine it has. Lotus did do their own work on it, but it's a nice engine. Too bad its other use is a crappy FWD sedan.:p
 
well i voted the Ferrari, but just as happy in the lotus. Both real nice cars to drive. As for the Citroen.. just leaves me numb, and not in a good way. I'm glad 73/74 cars have proper engines and gearboxes. If I never drove or saw it again I wouldn't be unhappy.
 
Preference:

1. Lotus Evora - A scheduled production model, the Evora is a beautifully crafted track-weapon that at the same time boasts some of the greatest luxury ever found within a genuine Lotus (however against the Lotus philosophy that may be), all while remaining an affordable (yes, very
affordable) supercar.


2. Ferrari California - I want to love this car, but I just can't. It's beautiful, relatively low priced against the rest of the lineup and manages to get around the curves quite well. Problem is (and this is a very big problem) that its front-engined. This, well known to any Ferrari enthusiast is complete blasphemy and subordinate to the rest of the throughbred mid-engined lineup that currently stands near it, as well as preceding it. This is what forces the car to omit itself from the perfection parade because, well, it just isn't a genuine Ferrari nor supercar now is it?

3. Citroen GT - It took some time for us to finally see it in all its glory, and what a futuristic and conceptual stunner it is. In real-life, its purpose is to simply showcase the potential of the future Citroen lineup and leave the press, enthusiasts and the public drooling over the future Citroen lineup as illustrated by the showstopper. But in GT5:P, its a different story. Where racing against opponents on different courses from around the world is the main event, this mono-geared Citroen does just not cut it as a viable contender for the gold trophy. Its not that its straight-line performance, suspension components or transmission is any trouble (they're in fact amazing), its just that its higher-than-usual PP forces it to stick to atleast one axle of 'Normal' tyres when competing in any given 800pp event; not good when corners are abound and the car manages to top 300km/h-plus with relative ease.

 
Last edited:

2. Ferrari California - I want to love this car, but I just can't. It's beautiful, relatively low priced against the rest of the lineup and manages to get around the curves quite well. Problem is (and this is a very big problem) that its front-engined. This, well known to any Ferrari enthusiast is complete blasphemy and subordinate to the rest of the throughbred mid-engined lineup that currently stands near it, as well as preceding it. This is what forces the car to omit itself from the perfection parade because, well, it just isn't a genuine Ferrari nor supercar now is it?



Ferrari always used to be front engined, not blasphemy at all, wasn't until Lamborghini came a long with the Muira that Ferrari started offering mid engined cars for the road.
 
Ferrari always used to be front engined, not blasphemy at all, wasn't until Lamborghini came a long with the Muira that Ferrari started offering mid engined cars for the road.

Just what I was thinking, the original California was front engined too. Is that not the most expensive car ever bought in the world now?
 
Just what I was thinking, the original California was front engined too. Is that not the most expensive car ever bought in the world now?

Something tells me you're right... though there's usually some type of Ferrari or another within a shot of being the most expensive car ever sold. The 250 GTO held the record for years. And yes, the concept of a front-engined Ferrari isn't blasphemy in the slightest.

The mid-engined Ferraris are the sports cars, the front-engined Ferraris are the GTs or the cruisers... new California... meet, old California!:

most_expensive_ferrari.jpg


Which incidentally is much prettier than the new one, in my opinion. I do like the Cali in the game, it handles well, but I'm not keen on the styling and prefer driving the F430. In fact, I prefer driving the F40 and the 512BB too.

As for the other cars, I think the Citroen is great but a bit useless, and I like the Evora, a lot, but not as much as the Elise. In the end, I went for the Evora in this poll.
 
You like driving the F430? I hate it, something about that car makes me hate its handling.
 
I like the F430 to0, I can't what there is to hate about it's handling but I guess it's not your thing.
 
The F430 is one of, if not my favorite car in the game. I haven't brought myself to buying the California yet. It's just so ugly, and I'm not a fan of FR cars at all.
 
I like the F430 to0, I can't what there is to hate about it's handling but I guess it's not your thing.

I guess having to lift off to increase turn angle is annoying, as opposed to FW where you can increase throttle (or lift off, what ever is needed) to increase turn angle. Not much of a fan of the F430's looks or sound either, but for some reason I like the California except for the sound.
 
Ferrari California is good choice , drives and handles nicely , BUT , I have to vote for Lotus , I am a fan of Lotus both in and out of game.

In the game,the Lotus is the slower of all 3 newbies,which sort of gives me a challenge,to try to tune it to run with the Ferrari !!! Am I sick ? Gonna try anyway !!!
 
For me, the Evora feels to subdued and almost boring at times, the Cali is just to ugly and screams poser, and the GT is to silly and over the top. If I had to choose I'd say Cali as it feels most alive of the three, but there's nothing forcing me to vote so i won't :)
 
Thanks guys! So far I'm pleased with the poll and your thoughts and views. I know there's other threads about the other cars. As for me, it's gotta be the Citroen. However, that is only because of the styling and the knight rider cockpit view (ha ha). It looks like a batmobile and a shark, a stingray, etc. (use your imagination) got mixed, baked, and poof out comes the GT. Next I need to talk about the Ferrari California. It's a good car. I like the acceleration, especially next to the Lotus Evora. The Lotus Evora I found I had the most fun on the London course. Probably because it doesn't reach its top speed.

Well, that's all for now, perhaps I'll try to find some more things to add to this.
 
For me i would say the citreon(never thought i would say that),Just because it's different,i prefer other cars in the game over these 3 cars.
 
The California has definitely grown on me a lot, when I first saw it I thought it looked horribly disproportioned and just not very good. Now I kind of like it, but its been the same with me with all Ferraris since the 308 and F40, really. The fake dual twin exhausts are a bit lame, though, they're just surrounds for much smaller pipes, kind of like the bolt-on exhaust tips people rice their cars up with.

The whole 'Ferraris have to be MR or they're just crap' thing is a load of rubbish. There's been plenty of FR Ferraris, the 599, 612 Scaglietti and 456 being recent GT examples, its just their sports cars, like the 430, 360, F40/50/60 that are mid-engined.

The part that could be considered blasphemy, however, is the folding hard top which adds a severe amount of weight but then this car isn't so much for racing as it is for cruising, kind of like the Merc SL I guess. Having said that, from what I can tell on GT5p, if that's what its really like then they've done an amazing job with it. I only did 3 time trial laps on Suzuka with it, but it handled really well for an FR with all that weight on the rear axle.

The Evora, however, even after I increased the power and decreased the weight felt a bit slow. The gears are far too long and it still felt heavy, despite being 85% of the standard weight with all that extra power, I'm sure if I could have been bothered I could have tuned each gear individually to improve the acceleration (If I remember correctly its only the final drive that can't be changed) but as it stands, it was quite disappointing, but I suppose I was expecting it to be better than the Elise, whereas I should probably be comparing it to a GT like a V8 Vantage or something like that.

As for the Citroen, I can't afford it yet. I gave up trying to do S6, 7 and 10 (the one lap F40 race and the last two tuned car races) before the update, tried them again today and did them all in the first go (which I guess is the 'altered event difficulty' in effect), and after buying all the cars prior to that I don't have a lot of money. I'm looking forward to it, though, it looks pretty awesome.
 
Last edited:
I keep trying to like the Lotus, but I just can't get the gears right for any track! Darn you PD. Darn you to Heck! For giving us this great car and then crippling it with a fixed final...
 
Well I voted for the Ferarri California. Well having drove all three I enjoyed driving the Ferrari California the most, the second the Lotus Evora and then last but not least the GT Citreon. :yuck:
 
Back