Which Gr1/2/3/4 cars, have the most useful in-car instruments?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 12 comments
Australia
Australia
I've been playing a while, without HUD. Some cars are more difficult to monitor fuel and lap times, more than others. Both GT-Rs have minimal instruments: lap times and oil pressure. No fuel gauge.

Which race cars have the most information? I don't have every car. So please share a pic of in-car instruments.

Gr.3 NSX: functioning oil pressure, gear selected, lap counter, rpm, speed, lap time & best lap, fuel gauge(100-0), race position.
5980803467973755408_0.jpg

Gr.3 & Gr.4 GT-R: functional rev meter, speed, gear selected, lap time, oil pressure
5990373627919336976_0.jpg

Gr.2 GT-R: functioning speed, lap time, fuel gauge(0-100), gear selected, oil pressure
All other numbers on screen, do not change
5990373625773950488_0.jpg

Gr.4 RC F: rev lights, rev range, speed, ;ap time, Previous lap time, fuel used(0-100), RPM, gear selected, lap counter, total race time
The info looks small on my 36" tv. So, may be illegible on smaller monitors(unless someone can confirm they read fine).
5980799070532272656_0.jpg

Last edited:
I think the Group 1 hybrid cars do not have an energy meter like GT6.

There you can see if you are recovering energy thru braking or expending thru acceleration.

I think the Group 1 hybrid cars do not have an energy meter like GT6.

There you can see if you are recovering energy thru braking or expending thru acceleration.
The Toyota TS050-Hybrid and Audi R18 both have an ERS display.

For some reason the Porsche 919 Hybrid uses it's bar on the wheel display, vertical bar on the right hand side, as a throttle usage bar instead of ERS level.

Last edited:
I took my 2016 R18 to numerous victories so I guess I may be driving in bumper cam? I have no idea what the cockpit looks like... I guess its like driving a submersible given the viewing porthole sized windscreen?

Well, the GT-R LM doesn't show much either. The fuel usage is fixed at 23.4. Speed, gear and lap time are the only functions.
Dteaw-UV4AArohf.jpg:large

Edit: I remember the GR Supra has a cool display. I think most of it is functional.

Last edited:
Very nice thread idea. I bought a VR headset lately. While fuel is of no importance, I need revs, speed and gear selected as I don't want to look at the middle of the car to the virtual display.

GR Supra Concept. No fuel gauge. only LAp time, gear selected, speed and sector split +/-. Found the FT-1 Instruments to be similar to the Mustang readout.
7134349426416418832_0.jpg

RX-Vision has good information. Just missing a Race Position display.

Gr.1 LM55 doesn't have much
7142793677867320336_0.jpg

787B has fuel gauge(counts down from 85.00) on left side, gear selected(4th), speed, rev counter(bar & numeric), functioning oil temp. and Lap time.
6998674098386633752_0.jpg

WRXs, TT Cup and M4 have same instrumemnts as Hurucans, Corvettes and NSXs. Those have the most useful info, but can sometimes be washed out in light and appear a bit small.

I dunno if shift lights have been mentioned but many cars in those classes are spot on.
I never race no HUD anymore though even in cockpit.
It’s too necessary to have the radar in the peripheral even in cars with two mirrors.
Also to run no HUD you need cars with working lap counter. The times I’ve done FIA or C race no HUD in gr2 I’ve lost track of what lap it is. It makes it easy to stay out too long on worn tires.
I’d race every time no HUD if you could add just radar. No HUD increases immersion a lot.
A lot of cars fuel use changes dramatically if you use the right shift points as indicated in car.
Great thread idea. Another problem with HUD going cockpit is that sometimes a mirror gets blocked by the player list.
I wish they hadn’t eliminated that center pillar in the SF cockpit too. Gave it more character before.

Last edited:
Went throguh some road cars and since I don't use the X-Bow, never noticed the instruments save the car data(MAX RPM and Top Speed). The P1 GTR saves the Top speed, but the X-Bow goes one extra with RPM data.

7071218831828451344_0.jpg

Back