Which GT4 version is the most realistic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sucahyo
  • 3 comments
  • 817 views
Messages
2,171
How many GT4 variance that exist?
and from that variance which version you consider as the most realistic ?

this thread doesn't help, How Realistic is the Gran Turismo Series ?

From what I quote, it seems the initial GT4 is too hard for average player and they make it easier for the final version.

They say wheel locking when braking is exist in Prius Edition.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=89326
He then added that the simulation engine for GT Lupo GTi was created in the middle of GT4 development. With accurate driving physics nearly identical to the handling a real car, it's considered a useful tool to improve 'real' driving skills.
Gran Turismo...The Saga Continues
The car physics have improved subtly but substantially. "This is the first major refinement we have made to the car physics in GT since GT1," explained Yamauchi. The team has spent enormous amounts of time evaluating the time differences between real cars driving a particular circuit and their own GT cars on the same circuit for better time-lap simulation. In other words, the in-game cars now more realistically replicate the speed and handling of their real life counterparts.
GT4 Chat with Producer Taku Imasaki
MasterGT: Many players wonder why, after four editions of the game, that the artificial intelligence can't be improved to a more natural and responsive level. Every week, some new aspect of the game has been found to be far away from our real life experiences. What has held developers back from designing AI cars that act naturally to their environment, that don't have a fixed trajectory and that won't pull so many silly stunts?
Taku Imasaki: To MasterGT: The AI in this game is intentionally kept passive to satisfy all markets (Europe, Asia, US)... however I understand more and more US consumers play against human beings nowadays, and they like competition... I'll do my best to give the AIs in future versions more 'attitude'
 
sucahyo
How many GT4 variance that exist?
and from that variance which version you consider as the most realistic ?

this thread doesn't help, How Realistic is the Gran Turismo Series ?

From what I quote, it seems the initial GT4 is too hard for average player and they make it easier for the final version.

They say wheel locking when braking is exist in Prius Edition.

I have the following 'versions' of GT4

Gran Turismo 4

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue

BMW 1-series Demo (GT4 engine)


The differences between GT4 and the 1-series demo are (that I can see) none, but it was released very close to the full games launch.

GT4 Prologue was release quite sometime before GT4 and does run on a different version of the GT4 engine, however is it more difficult?

Its been a while since I've played Prologue, so I would need to dig out my copy and have a drive. But I can't recall any major issues when I changed from one to the other.

I've not played the Prius demo so I can't comment on that one.

You should also remember that not all these versions are avaliable in all markets.

Regards

Scaff
 
i think they didnt needed that much improvements
 
Scaff
You should also remember that not all these versions are avaliable in all markets.
I see...

appie17
i think they didnt needed that much improvements
I hope improvement doesn't means easier.
 
Back