Which is better for making no adjustments and jumping right into a race? Assetto Corsa or PCARS2?

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
I loved those games but to the online community is almost non-existent compared to GT Sport so for me they're limited to single player racing. I know there's more advanced tuning in these games but it's mostly lost on me. I just want to grab a car, pick a track and have some fun. Which game does this better?

Assetto definitely is more reliable to just jump in a car and feel right.
As for racing with a.i., it's also more reliable maybe but you might have more fun in pcars2, the a.i. in assetto is too spread out. Also if on console assetto doesn't have much tracks, and is basic. But it has many timed challenges like hotlaps, and custom championships.
And does have lots of fun cars, some with great sound. But so does pcars2, and is immersive with all the trimmings in it.
Many cars feel great right away in pcars2 too, but many don't.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're on PS4, so pCARS2, hands down.

On PC though it's entirely up to what kind of cars you wanna drive. Assetto Corsa is at its best with tuned or street cars, but I find pCARS2's far greater diversity in motorsports more appealing to me.

Yea forgot to mention PS4 sorry. It's a shame how limited Assetto Corsa is without all the community mods

Back