Which of the 'Rovals' do you prefer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zedextreme8177
  • 29 comments
  • 2,419 views

As in the thread title

  • Indy Road Course

    Votes: 34 24.1%
  • Daytona Road Course

    Votes: 55 39.0%
  • No preference

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Why I am I bothering to vote? I hate them.

    Votes: 42 29.8%

  • Total voters
    141
Messages
3,220
Maldives
Maldives
Messages
zedextreme8177
I cannot decide, really.

I like Indy as a test track for low-downforce yet high cornering settings. The twisty layout is good for practicing your technical handling skills.

I love Daytona because of that ridiculous first corner (so easy to screw up:ouch:) and the insane bus-stop chicane. Still remember trying to drive that full-throttle in the F2007 back when I was playing Prologue:nervous:

In GT5, I love taking a NASCAR out on them, they are pretty fun to drive:tup:
 
What's a Roval? A Road course oval?
I like Indy the most out of both of them, simply because it was an old F1 track.
 
Indy road course because PD forgot that there is a good road course to use instead of an Oval.

I would much rather grind 5 laps on the road course than on the oval due to its quality of having right turns.
 
Hate them both.
 
they both suck. ovals are BORING.
 
I wanna shoot the guy who came up with the Daytona first corner, its a &*$%!
 
Daytona, its more exciting I think as opposed to the flat camberless constant-radius turn...
 
Why am I bothering to vote, I hate them.
 
I like Indy better, it's just more interesting.
 
They're both pretty awful. I mean to be fair there isn't a great deal you can do with an oval infield, but neither were very imageinative.
 
daytona just for the 'bus stop' cichane, sure indy has those long fast corner but also has those boring hairpins
 
I tend to lean a little more to Indy, probably since it wasn't in Prologue. I liked the track ever since the GT5 TT demo. From the first turn to the inner most straight is pretty fun, though Daytona turn 1 is unmatched in the entire game. Daytona is also much faster. It makes it kind of hard to directly compare them.

Overall, no preference.
 
If you're forcing me to pick one I would choose Indy, it is a fun course in the right car. Neither of them are in my top 10 tracks though.. Or even top 20 truth be told.
 
I really like daytona, but as far as half ovals and half road courses go, even though it never becomes a full oval, I'd pick High Speed Ring as my favorite road course with speedway accents.
 
I live within 5 miles from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, it is a very special place. They did a great job with what they had to work with, an Oval, a PGA golf course, and garages.



But, Daytona is the best roval in the world. The dive into turn one, the ess through 2 into the sprint to turn 3, jam it down into turn 3, sprint through the dog leg at 120mph, stab the brakes and roll off of turn 5, dive into turn 6, and slam the car up onto NASCAR 1. Then the drafting battle into the bus stop, ramping the car over the curbs, gunning back onto NASCAR 3 and 4, diving through the slower GT cars as you bury the pedal back into 1.
 
If this last weekend has shown us anything, it is that Daytona can challenge and make a contest of skill epic in scope. Some of the best drivers in the world jump at the chance to run in that race... so much for no flow!
 
Daytona is the better oval, but for road course racing Indy is better by far. The Daytona RC is narrow, simple, and moderately dangerous, as if the track owners tacked it on as and afterthought and never bothered to build a better one. Indy RC, however, was clearly built for a purpose, and designed well. All except for that double hairpin - it looks cool on paper, but is incredibly annoying when you actually have to drive it.

Indy RC is actually one of my favorite courses, alongside Nurburgring GP/D and Eiger Nordwand.
 
Daytona is the better oval, but for road course racing Indy is better by far. The Daytona RC is narrow, simple, and moderately dangerous, as if the track owners tacked it on as and afterthought and never bothered to build a better one. Indy RC, however, was clearly built for a purpose, and designed well. All except for that double hairpin - it looks cool on paper, but is incredibly annoying when you actually have to drive it.

Indy RC is actually one of my favorite courses, alongside Nurburgring GP/D and Eiger Nordwand.

I like Indy RC because of that double hairpin. Its heaps of fun to tandem drift through. I dont like Daytona RC all that much. Its just too flat and boring and when you go to hit the banked part its a pain to- 1) get on the track cleanly with spinning and- 2) slow dow for the bustop chicane bit and the first corner. I prefer the Daytona oval.
 
In terms of comparing them to other tracks they are both rather sub-par, but I think the Daytona track is much more interesting than the Indy one. The daytona course has more challenging turns and requires much more braking going into tight corners. The indy course only has like one decent turn.
 
I'm also wondering why PD didn't include the new Indy road course? It runs anti-clockwise and has the double-hairpin replaced with a normal chicane.

:confused:
 
It shouldn't even be a question. Daytona Road Course is far better and more interesting than Indy. It is freaking Daytona! It has a bus stop. They run the Rolex 24 on it. I did a 24 lap race on it Saturday and it was a great experience. Daytona road Course.
 
Indy makes a great track to race on. . . while it appears easy to get around, it sure is not easy to be fast on. It is wide enough to make moves and run hard.....

I personally like all tracks. Well the ring is still a thorn for me. I dont dislike it, I am just not fast there yet.
 
I like both but the Daytona bus stop is really fun so my vote went for Daytona.
 
Back