Which one-make races are based on real-life racing events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pupik
  • 7 comments
  • 704 views

Pupik

dig the bolts in my neck
Staff Emeritus
Messages
19,940
United States
Alabamamania
I was looking through an old Autocourse last night, and saw a couple of pictures showing race-preped versions of the MGF running in a series of one-make events. I know there's plenty of real-life one-make races; I was wondering if we could collectively figure out which ones were real and which ones were not.

There's plenty of race fans here; post pics of one-make series that are also in GT4 (or any of the GT series) if you can find them.
 
Lupo Cup

aaaec03.jpg

Whoooops!

More photos
 
theres the vitz race too, i think we have our own version in quebec (Echo Cup)
 
The Clio V6 cup car, the MX5 has a race seires but unlike GT4's series it's based on cup car's not road cars, and the Beetle cup all have real race series series.
er4504-1g.jpg

thmb_vwbeetlecup.jpg
 
This is the kind of racing I truly love. There are so many orphaned race cars in GT4 that would be so much fun to play with in series like this:

Nissan March Cup Car
Spoon Racing Honda Fit
^^^ imagine a series with those two and the Lupo Cup car eligible? It would be a hoot.

That EK Civic hatch racer would be a natural for a recreation of Showroom Stock C racing, too.
 
Don't forget Spec-Miata here in the states, those are fun races to watch! 👍 I guess the closest race to it in GT4 would be the NR-A race in the Mazda dealership.
 
Theres a race here with Renault Meganes .....
 
Back