Which one to buy?

noisiaturismo

(Banned)
Netherlands
Netherland
help me im banned
Should i get the first Gran Turismo or this one, the second one, for Playstation 1 played on Playstation 3? I am always getting stuck at license tests on most GT's, so which one is easier and better?

I prefer the first one. It has no flaws, although it lacks just a little bit in car selection. GT2 meanwhile has tons of cars, but its event system is ruined by HP limits that don't work in the first place and individual license requirements for each race. :boggled:

And also GT1 is harder in my opinion, the physics engine is a lot looser to use where as GT2's is more controlled.

Last edited:
GT2 is the bigger of the two as far as content. As for the tests, do you mean "stuck" trying for golds, or do you have trouble even with bronze? If gold, all GT's have tests tough enough to reveal any pathological tendencies you may have. If you can't get bronze, despite multiple tries, you might have trouble with the game as a whole.

Why not get both? You should be able to find them very cheap. Then after messing around for a while with each you can decide for yourself which you prefer.

Getting your licenses is easy in either case. Getting all golds as Heavy says may drive you mad. Both games are too easy in the sense that you can win all events without skill simply by using cars which are more powerful and have better tires than the competition.

As far as I know, though, most people prefer GT2 over GT1, but not by much, and for different reasons. There are more tuning options in GT2, which can be good or bad. There are many more cars in GT2, but you'll never get to know them all very well. Yes, GT2 was rushed to market and is incomplete in some slightly annoying ways (most annoying for me is manufacturer's descriptions of cars.) GT1 has qualifying for position before each event, which can be either good or a waste of time depending on your preference. A lot of people say GT1 looks better than GT2.

You should get both GT1 & GT2. You can find them on Ebay or another website for about $5 or $10 each. That isn't bad at all for a great game.

GT2 has hundreds more cars than GT1 and more tracks. But the driving physics are about the same except PD had more experience and improved the driving physics and graphics for GT2.

Why not get both? You should be able to find them very cheap. Then after messing around for a while with each you can decide for yourself which you prefer.

Mm hmm. Seconded. :)

I'd get 'em both. If you have some experience with other racing games, start with the original, and then move on to GT2. GT1 is harder imo, I won't post why....that would be a spoiler.

If you don't have any experience with other racing games, I'd start with GT2, just because the learning curve isn't as steep early on. You can mess around with a lot more cars which are slow and easy to drive in 2 if you're still learning, and then move up to a multitude of faster autos later when you get good at the game.

I find it funny that Jeff and I posted the same idea at about the same time without noticing. :lol:

If you don't have any experience with other racing games, I'd start with GT2, just because the learning curve isn't as steep early on. You can mess around with a lot more cars which are slow and easy to drive in 2 if you're still learning, and then move up to a multitude of faster autos later when you get good at the game.

Right. Also, the handling in GT2 is more stable than in GT1. But if you get the hang of turning perfectly in GT2, then you should do close to alright turning with the quick and crazy handling system in GT1.

I find it funny that Jeff and I posted the same idea at about the same time without noticing. :lol:

Right. Also, the handling in GT2 is more stable than in GT1. But if you get the hang of turning perfectly in GT2, then you should do close to alright turning with the quick and crazy handling system in GT1.

It's amazing back when I was way into GT1 how "realistic" it seemed at the time. :lol: I was used to playing arcade racing games, like there was this bar near where I lived where they had this game called Cruisin' USA. You're driving this car, flying way up in the air, crashing into things...taking corners with no understeer, etc. IN that respect, GT was way more realistic I guess.

Should i get the first Gran Turismo or this one, the second one, for Playstation 1 played on Playstation 3? I am always getting stuck at license tests on most GT's, so which one is easier and better?

Try to have both. 💡
\\If you haven't enough money for two GTs - ignore my post.

GT1 has a GT-hifi feature which allows you to drive (only time trial) on one of the Tokyo tracks in "high fidelity" mode (guess it was before the term HD came in use). Quite spectacular at the time. Guess that's a reason for buying GT1.

You should get both GT1 & GT2. You can find them on Ebay or another website for about $5 or $10 each. That isn't bad at all for a great game.

GT2 has hundreds more cars than GT1 and more tracks. But the driving physics are about the same except PD had more experience and improved the driving physics and graphics for GT2.

I never use Ebay and i don't know what a dollar is worth. Anyway, i'll try both.

Personally, I'd go for the original. For me at least, the license tests weren't as problematic and tiresome as those in GT2. Although the first edition is lacking in content compared to it's successor, it is definitely the higher quality game. Jeffgoddin has pointed out already however, purchasing both couldn't hurt. Besides, they're both 'must-own' titles and both can practically be bought for peanuts these days. ;)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back