GTP_geoff

appears to be
Premium
Scotland
Glasgow, UK
GTP_geoff
Hey all,

I have the T500 RS, would it be an upgrade to:

1-swap out the pedals for the CSL Elite Pedals but keep the TM wheel?
2-swap the wheel for the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel and keep the TM pedals?
3-or just get the CSL Elite PS4 Starter kit (Wheel and pedals)?

Thanks

Hey all,

Thanks

I´ve already answered you. to that question in another thread... for items 1 and 2 you have to add a Drive Hub, and very honestly the best choice is nº3 with Load Cell Kit!!!

Hey all,

Thanks
Depends on you budget and the reason you want to upgrade. But generally Pedals > wheelbase. For most people, better pedals (loadcell) will improve your consistency. A better wheel will not make you faster.

Also are you invested in the TM ecosystem? If you have rims+shifter, you will need to reinvest in those as well.

If you play only PC you can mix & match wheel and pedals, but if you are on PS4 you indeed will require a drivehub or CPX adapter (only 2nd hand) to make a combo work.

Depends on you budget and the reason you want to upgrade. But generally Pedals > wheelbase. For most people, better pedals (loadcell) will improve your consistency. A better wheel will not make you faster.

Also are you invested in the TM ecosystem? If you have rims+shifter, you will need to reinvest in those as well.

If you play only PC you can mix & match wheel and pedals, but if you are on PS4 you indeed will require a drivehub or CPX adapter (only 2nd hand) to make a combo work.

Exactly...

Great, thanks for the info.

All I want really is a smoother and quieter wheel, The T500 is so noisy. I've had it from release and had the fan replacement.

I know better pedals make a difference but is the difference between the Fanatec CSL Elite LC and the T500 rs great enough to feel an improvement?

Cheers

Great, thanks for the info.

All I want really is a smoother and quieter wheel, The T500 is so noisy. I've had it from release and had the fan replacement.

I know better pedals make a difference but is the difference between the Fanatec CSL Elite LC and the T500 rs great enough to feel an improvement?

Cheers
Can't speak for the CSL elite wheel myself. But the pedals are great! All modern wheels nowadays use brushless motors (t500 is brushed), which significantly removes friction. The CSL is known to be very smooth and quiet.

My best tip is to buy the new wheel first... if you like it then sell your T500! Don't sell your T500 before testing! A wheel is very personal... so you might not like it! And don't chimp on the LC brake kit!

Can't speak for the CSL elite wheel myself. But the pedals are great! All modern wheels nowadays use brushless motors (t500 is brushed), which significantly removes friction. The CSL is known to be very smooth and quiet.

My best tip is to buy the new wheel first... if you like it then sell your T500! Don't sell your T500 before testing! A wheel is very personal... so you might not like it! And don't chimp on the LC brake kit!

Yeah, I'm hoping the T500 will return me a decent amount. I wish I hadn't thrown the box away 2 weeks ago after clearing out the loft, DOH!!!

A better wheel will not make you faster.

Luckily people are all different ;)

First of all I must say that I'm racing a lot of karts since GT5. But much of what will follow also applies to cars.

I started playing GT5 with my good old DFPro. It was so difficult to control these karts and very difficult to prevent spinning. With cars it was very hard to drift. After a few months I bought the G27. Only after 2 days not only I got faster and more consistent, but also spinning became very rare and drifting cars became a pleasure.
On GT6, my friend was using a DFGT which is similar to the DFPro. He was struggling to get a good pace in karts. I convinced him to try the G27 and I will never forget his words: "this is like cheating". He not only picked up pace very fast but got also way more consistent and made a lot less mistakes.

GT Sport came out and it was time for me to upgrade. At a good friends home who is pretty much into simracing, we put all our gears together (lots of TM, Fanatec and Logitech stuff) to make a shoot out in GT Sport. Both got best results with the CSL, even over the TGT. The smoothness, speed and bigger rim of the CSL made the difference. On karts the difference was even more obvious, I can even say today that the Fanatecs are the best choice for karts where precision and speed are crucial, bringing me regularly into the top 5 on leader boards without the use of any drive aids, btw mostly the only one in the top 10.

For Pedals it was a bit different. My friend got sometimes a bit faster with the loadcell. In my case, while I liked the feeling of the loadcell, it didn't make me faster nor more consistent, even after weeks of testing.

These are just a few examples, not even mentioning blue mode vs purple mode on the CSL, where it can be seen that every human feels different. There is no general way to judge on something having such a huge variable called "human".

When people ask me what wheel I use to drive karts so fast, I answer them: "a wheel that can make you faster or not, all depends on the person".

To conclude, I've 3 friends on my friends list who went from G29 to the CSL and one friend went from the T500 to the CSL. They got faster, more consistent and making way less mistakes. Only one friend struggled going to the CSL, but he came from the controller and was pretty good at it. ;)

Last edited:
Back