Which race series should I do now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter glacierdustGT
  • 9 comments
  • 509 views
Messages
100
I have done alot in beginner mode, and I want to either do the 80's series race, Audi TT Campionship, Mercedes-Benz series race, Vitz Championship, or Honda Red Badge Championship. I am attracted to the Mercedes-Benz, but they are way expensive. I have 30-something thousand credits, so I could do Turbo Cup over a few times and have enough money to buy and AUDI TT for that specialty race. I just dont know!! So which series race (is that what you call each three races, like the Sunday Cup, what do you call that... a series or something?) do you think I should do now?
 
A series race has more than 3 races. If there is a series race you gets points. Sunday cup is a cup race where you have to race each race once...
 
Well, depending on what cars you have, I would dothe 80's race. It is fun and challenging for a beginner with a somewhat crappy car. I am pretty sure the Miata Soft-Top and I know the Trueno is eligible. You will win a Dark Grey 1990 Mazda RX-7 Turbo. Its an OK car, but won't surprise you in any way i.e. Styling, Power, handling etc.
 
the 80s cup is a good way to start. I didnt particularily have fun with the audi cup...its expensive, I dont like audis, and you dont get that good of a prize...another audi, and in amateur, an S4...if you want some real fun, and you ahve the cash, do the mercedes cup. This may seem really hard to do, but try to get about 300,000 credits. Then you can get a CL600, max it out, and very easily take both beginner and amateur Silver Arrows. For beginner you get a kompressor, good to sell for 50,000...and then for the amateur you get a very nice touring car. Its good enough to take the Japanese, American, European, and German touring classes, which gets you a nice bit of change. Doing that would be a great way to get the money you need to advance in the races.

What I did was to take my first few earnings to get a Mustang Cobra R, maxed it out (I like making things their best) and taking the American Chamionship. If you do the 'save before last race' technique, and keep starting then exiting the last race, you can eventually get the Camaro Race car...its another good way to take a big bunch of those amateur races.

The tree races you mentioned are both in beginner and amateur, so if you do enter one of them, I highly recomend you make sure the car is good enoguh to take both the races (you cant choose in the Audi race, but for the 80s one you get tons of choices - make a good one...or use the miata you probably have and get a new one for amateur...I dont think the miata would be good enough to take amateur)
 
I think you should try the European Series and win a nice race car.
 
The european gets you the Gillet Vertigo, which is better than the CLK touring car...and its alot cheaper to et max HP (15k insted of 85k). And it seems the race is easier too...but make sure you save it before the last race, beacuse you might get stuck with a Mini (sells for under 5,000) when what you want is the Vertigo (sells for 300,000) So doing the Mercedes race will deftinatly get you some nice cars if you play it right...doing what I suggested earlier could get you - Your mercedes CL600, CLK Touring Car, Vertigo Race Car, Camaro Race Car, a good Lancer or RX-7, Opel Astra Touring Car (almost as good as the CLK Tourer)

You can then use just about any of those cars to take out the FR race, get the Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX Shigeno Version and learn to drift!

But thats just what I would do...once you have one of these touring cars, just do the Euro race again, get the vertigo, sell it, get rich, buy anything you need, repeat...but mostly HAVE FUN!
 
O-kay... I was talking about beginner mode, not some third-world ameature series people... :banghead: BEGINNER MODE!!!! Anyways, I have 50,000 credits so I can do something really good, and if I need more money, its not very hard to do the TURBO CUP in beginner with my Lancer... and this is ALL in beginner mode!!!!!!!!!!
 
What's in your garage?

The Cup races are the ones where it is 3 individual races. The Championships are the ones where it is a series of 5 or 10 races that must be run sequentially.

Unfortunately, the prize cars for the series you mention are not particularly exciting. The RX-7 Infini is actually quite nice and I wish I hadn't sold mine, but it doesn't do anything your Lancer won't.

If you have some time on your hands, I'd suggest taking a stock Miata with oil change and T2 tires (which will cost around 30,000 cr if you dona't already have one) and run the Roadster Enduro. You may just win another Miata, but you may also win a number of other nice cars. Either way, you'll earn 100,000 cr and have fun doing it. You can also win the Seattle Enduro in the Lancer (look for my writeup on the GT3 Writeups board).

If you don't have time to run the enduros, I'd suggest you buy n M/B CLK 55 and run the Silver Arrow. It should be possible on T2s, chip, and some weight reduction. You may or may not want to sell the SLK prize car, and put that money back into the CLK. Then when you are ready for amateur you can use that to win the CLK Touring Car, which is a nice ride. I would wait to do the TT series until you have more money. Though I do rather like the TT, again, it won't do much that your Lancer won't do.

HTH.
 
I just finished the beginner mode last night.
I had the Beetle cup, Legend of silver arrow, TT cup and stars and stripes.

I did the type R cup in a stock integra and won the Acura RSX-s, I kept the first one and did the cup again netting 75,000 for selling the acura.

75,000 should cover you for the Mercedes race.
 
type r is excellent for dosh in the form of selling the prize car
 
Back