???which to buy???

  • Thread starter Thread starter reynolds39
  • 26 comments
  • 1,281 views
Messages
8
Ive got 1,000,000 cred and i dont know what car to spend it on im torn between a merc maclaren or a pagani zonda ford gt or any other suggestion(dont have to be supercars)-cheers:)
 
reynolds39
Ive got 1,000,000 cred and i dont know what car to spend it on im torn between a merc maclaren or a pagani zonda- can any1 give me any other suggestions for other cars please-cheers!

Theres a few threads about asking the similar questions, a search would of found a few.

However to answer you question, I don't really drive any of those cars but from what i have read the Pagani Zonda is the more liked care out of those 2.
 
Of course it depends on what you need the car for, but of those cars I would get the SLR as it can be used in more races than the Zonda (the Mercedes own ones, Schwartzwald Liga B...).

But, if you just want a fast car, take the Ford GT and use the surplus 850.000Cr to mod it. Then it will just blow those two away.

It really is your own decision, and not even a quite critical one - just take what feels the best as you'll have another miilion credits soon. Then you can get some other nice ride. :)
 
Greycap
But, if you just want a fast car, take the Ford GT and use the surplus 850.000Cr to mod it. Then it will just blow those two away.

I have to agree with that. The GT, standard even, is faster than either the McMerc or the Zonda 7.3S in a straight line and around any circuit - at least it is in my hands. If you want a car to race, the GT is a better bet than the other two.

Between the mac and the Zonda though, I personally prefer the Zonda as it has less understeer, though it is also less forgiving. They both provide similar pace, but the GT is a definite performance step up on either of them in GT4, and in my opinion looks better too. You might also consider the Jag XJ220 (looks great but is slower), AC Cobra (brutal acceleration and looks even better) or get a whole bunch of nice cars instead of getting just one expensive one.
 
The Merc SLR is tricky. I have the LM version of the Zonda and that thing is god. So my vote is for the Pagani.
 
My suggestion is to not spend the money. :ouch:

Find yourself the prize car list and win the VW Nardo. 👍

If you must buy a supercar, buy the Zonda over the Ford.
The Ford GT is availible as a prize car in more than one place, the Zonda is not a prize car anywhere. :irked:

Still though, I suggest the VW Nardo. 👍 :sly:
Oh, and please search next time.

Also, if you come back and wouldn't mind...
Please take the time to re-title this thread by using the edit feature on your first post.
Something like "Which to buy: Zonda, SLR, GT...?"

Just a suggest. :D
It would also help create long term discussion in this thread. 👍

Good luck in your quest to find the best car for the money (or whatever your exact goal was). :lol:
 
Cheers 4 that ill buy the gt then- also anymore suggestions over really really fast cars lol? much appriceated-
 
It all kind of depends on the races you are going to enter. For instance, if you are going to race in the easy special conditions races, you might want to buy a slightly lower powered car, like an audi TT, if you are going to race some of the harder ones, maybe try a high performance car like a GT or a Zonda. If you want to race the endurance races, watch the preview and see what cars are racing. If you are thinking about doing the last profesional races, you probably need a very fast racecar. Then again, you may be at 100%, so you could just buy whatever car you feel like.:D
 
i have bought the GT nd lots of others 👍 :sly: but i strongly advise u 2 never but the saleenS7, it is big, slow and crap at steering.+ it costs over 500 000crds and after do ing 1 lap gets reduced 2 only 89 000crds!!👎
 
I didn't like the Saleen S7 at first, but after doing the Saleen manufacturer races it grew on me. It's capable of being driven very fast, as for the re-sale value, I tend not to buy a car if I'm planning on selling it afterwards, and money isn't an object in the game anyway.
 
I dislike the Zonda, I dislike the Merc. The Saleen is awful and the GT is so-so. The Merc is too heavy, the Zonda is too boring, the Saleen is too unspecial, the GT is lacking originality... Spyker C8, the best supercar!
By the way, a modded Toyota MR2 gen II blows all of them off! One of the best handling cars, and by far the most enjoyable, in GT4! 👍
 
The Tommy Kiara zz11 is the best street car by far. If you can drive it well enough you can achieve less then 1 minute around midfield!
 
...but you'll run into trouble when trying to enter it in the "production cars only" races as it's classed as something else. :)
 
I adore the Saleen S7. Tune it well and it more than makes up for its imperfections. turn the aids off and its great fun aswell:dopey:
 
Save up some more for a decent JGTC car instead of those crappy supercars, now that's a good suggestion.

You'll be having a 536 Hp Woodone Supra for 1,350,000.


The Zonda and the SLR are just useless crap... IMO
 
You know, your game days make a big difference in the descision here too if all you are looking for is an obscenely fast car. If you are near day 694-700 you can buy the "Black Beauties".
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69146

I can't remember their individual prices but if I recall 2 were around or a little over 1 million. I think 1 was 1.2 mil. Any one of these 4 cars once tuned up for about 100k more will outgun any car in just about any race.

I assume this is your first million otherwise you wouldn't be sweating the purchase. If so know that there are tons of ways of makng money like the german touring car championship or an Enduro on B-spec, or Rally races for cars to sell, etc. Search and you will find many ways to make millions in a few hours easily. That is if you want to. There is a certain charm in struggling for cash too and eeking out every little part you can from your spare change :)
 
wildbillk
You know, your game days make a big difference in the descision here too if all you are looking for is an obscenely fast car. If you are near day 694-700 you can buy the "Black Beauties".
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69146

I can't remember their individual prices but if I recall 2 were around or a little over 1 million. I think 1 was 1.2 mil. Any one of these 4 cars once tuned up for about 100k more will outgun any car in just about any race.

I assume this is your first million otherwise you wouldn't be sweating the purchase. If so know that there are tons of ways of makng money like the german touring car championship or an Enduro on B-spec, or Rally races for cars to sell, etc. Search and you will find many ways to make millions in a few hours easily. That is if you want to. There is a certain charm in struggling for cash too and eeking out every little part you can from your spare change :)


Tuned up?!

Dude, those two cars are the R92CP and the 787b.

The R92CP almost has 1000hp stock so no 100k needed for "tuning-up" (well 50k for the refresher plan)
 
well by tuning up I was referring also to oil change and refresher being the most important. But why not the stage 4 turbo too if you want the most out of the car. To each his own and its a minor adjustment that can be removed. I just raced the R92C against a minolta and 2 R89C's in the GTC and I tell you what, maybe you dont need the extra 150hp from the turbo but I did at the time.
 
lol what should i do with 8.5 mil? hehe

spend your million wisely. you may have it now, but it can go quickly, especially when you start doing the manufacturer races.

VW Nardo...win it and use it...amazing car
 
Just spend enough money to buy the best Mazda RX-7, add a few mods to race and win the El Capitan Enduro. You'll win the Minolta Toyota LMP and with a bit more of your money buy mods (Turbo, chassis stiffening, tires) for the Toyota and after you've done that, you can beat all the other LMP cars effortlessly. You'll win vast amounts of money and the remainder of the game becomes a stroll through the park on Sunday.

The Mazda RX-7 and mods will cost under 100,000 credits.

If you don't want to go the above route, then a Stage 4 turbo Mazda 787 will be good enough.
 
I'd use the money on a Ford GT and fully mod it, plus a wing. I have one, and the wing helps it grip the road much easier, otherwise, fully modded, it just skips along the surface!
 
save you coinage for the 4 "Black Beauties" well worth the cash when you got them...just remember to perform an oil change and refresher when you have them...great all 'round cars...I have 2 of each of them...4 to look at and 4 to mess around with :lol:
 
The Zonda would be my choice.... and keep the rest of the change for another day....

But it does, as everyone else has mentioned, come down to what you want to do with the car.

I like the Zonda for just a quick bash around certain tracks.... but if you want something really hair-raisingly quick... go for a race car...
 
Syntax error
The Zonda would be my choice.... and keep the rest of the change for another day....

But it does, as everyone else has mentioned, come down to what you want to do with the car.

I like the Zonda for just a quick bash around certain tracks.... but if you want something really hair-raisingly quick... go for a race car...
Quick facts about the Zonda:
It has the highest torque rating of 969ft lbs (besides the tank car:) )
It has the largest V-12 in the game (7.3L)
 
Why buy the Ford GT when you get three or four different versions as prize cars? :odd:

My choice would be the Zonda, as its mean looking and a great performer. If your into rally races at all, another option would be the Peugeot 206 Rally, one of my favorite cars in the game, and will really help you out when it comes to completing the Special Conditions races. 👍
 
I preffer Zonda,i like Italian cars,and GT,i`ve got 2 of them in my garage and i don`t drive a single one!
 
The supercars in GT4 all suck, they all have brake issues, and if they dont it's because they weigh alot:irked: I know it doesn't make sence but I noticed it.
 
Back