Which View is the Loudest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsmithdrift
  • 22 comments
  • 1,489 views
Messages
860
I think I may have a glitch in my game.

I've been playing my buddies copy of GT4 and on his game the engine sound is alot louder in the in-car and roof views and sounds muffled in the behind view, that's the way I feel it should be.

In my game, the in-car/roof views sound muffled like his behind view, and the behind view sounds exactly like the in-car/roof view in his game.

It's clear that one of our games is glitched. I'd like to know which one and how common this is. So tell me, Which views are the loudest in your game?
 
Well, as I just said in the thread regarding which view I use, I said that the inside bumper cam was the loudest which is why I like it.
 
Hmmm..........Looks like I got a glitch on my hands. 'Cause my behind view is the loudest. I can't hear a damn thing as far as engine noise in first person in my game.
 
That really sucks, maybe you can get a trade-in or something. If I couldn't hear inside my car, I'd be pissed.
 
I noticed an odd thing at my friend's. The in-car view was very silent, but the chase-cam was normal. It was back to normal when we changed the sound-output to mono. You might want to check how it sounds on stereo/mono/pro logic (or whatever it is)
 
RSCosworth
I noticed an odd thing at my friend's. The in-car view was very silent, but the chase-cam was normal. It was back to normal when we changed the sound-output to mono. You might want to check how it sounds on stereo/mono/pro logic (or whatever it is)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. That's exactly what it was doing. My tv is mono and I never had a prob with it being in stereo on my other games so I never thought to change it. It had defaulted itself to Pro Logic II and obviously that's the opposite of mono.

I changed it and my car sounds great now. I can't thank you enough, sound is so important to me and I was really pissed about it. HAPPY NOW!!!!!!!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I decided to ask.
 
rsmithdrift
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. That's exactly what it was doing. My tv is mono and I never had a prob with it being in stereo on my other games so I never thought to change it. It had defaulted itself to Pro Logic II and obviously that's the opposite of mono.

I changed it and my car sounds great now. I can't thank you enough, sound is so important to me and I was really pissed about it. HAPPY NOW!!!!!!!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I decided to ask.

Glad I could help you! :)
 
What's the point of setting audio output to stereo? Lets say youre driving the RUF RGT(Rear engine Rear drive) if you have your audio output as Stereo youre going to hear more engine less exhaust when in first person/hood view. But if you press the rear view button while in first person mode you'll hear engine and exhaust. Who's giong to drive like that though! The outside car view in MONO or STEREO will give you more exhaust note with less engine.

I guess it may seem more realistic in stereo( for us folks who cant afford surround) because just like in real life you don't hear the full exhaust note inside the cabin.
 
On my main TV I play GT4 on i am just like that. The only view you can acutally hear the exhaust is the "chase" view. The dash and bumper views sound like a bunch of high picthed wines. But, if I were to change to any of the other 2 TVs I can play GT4 on it sounds great in any view...the "chase" view now being the quietest. I dont get it either.
 
It's hard to race like this, but the loudest view would be rear-view bumper cam. When I play GT4 on my surround sound and I'm doing a track meet on the Test Course and look back the sound blasts like crazy.
 
SilverSRT
On my main TV I play GT4 on i am just like that. The only view you can acutally hear the exhaust is the "chase" view. The dash and bumper views sound like a bunch of high picthed wines. But, if I were to change to any of the other 2 TVs I can play GT4 on it sounds great in any view...the "chase" view now being the quietest. I dont get it either.

Read the posts above yours I just got help and solved that problem.

Anyways that TV is MONO. Change your sound options from stereo or PLII to mono and it will sound fine on that TV.
 
It really depends on your sound system. Mine is set to Dolby Digital with my stereo and the inside view is the loudest for me.
 
Inside view for me too
 
Has anyone noticed that some cars are almost silent when you use roof cam? Namely the RUFs.....?
 
I'm having this same problem so I thought bringing this thread alive would help someone else.

I haven't tried the mono setting, but it sounds like a good idea. :dopey:
Do you know what kind of TV was???

Thanks anyway. 👍


RSCosworth
I noticed an odd thing at my friend's. The in-car view was very silent, but the chase-cam was normal. It was back to normal when we changed the sound-output to mono. You might want to check how it sounds on stereo/mono/pro logic (or whatever it is)
 
rigdon
Has anyone noticed that some cars are almost silent when you use roof cam? Namely the RUFs.....?
The engine and exaust are both BEHIND you, so you dont hear anything. But when you change the view to outside, you can hear the boxer roar:sly:
 
rsmithdrift
I think I may have a glitch in my game.

I've been playing my buddies copy of GT4 and on his game the engine sound is alot louder in the in-car and roof views and sounds muffled in the behind view, that's the way I feel it should be.

In my game, the in-car/roof views sound muffled like his behind view, and the behind view sounds exactly like the in-car/roof view in his game.

It's clear that one of our games is glitched. I'd like to know which one and how common this is. So tell me, Which views are the loudest in your game?
Whoever's in front in two player has the loudest engine noise, try it by yourself with two controllers and you will notice.
 
In-car and the roof cam view are the loudest when playing. Also applies to GT3.
 
Depends on your audio set-up obviously. If you're just playing GT4 through a low spec Tv then you probably won't even get the rear channel coming through (RUFs and other rear-engined cars are silent (or close to silent) simply because you're not hearing the rear channel). If you've got a surround sound system then the loudest view will depend on the relative volumes of the channels/speakers. You can adjust the bias front-to-back and/or right-to-left how you'd like it.
 
thanks alot, i had the same problem, i couldnt hear a thing up front where the engine is concerned, i could just hear the wind, lol. thanks alot RSCosworth
 
opendriver19a
The engine and exaust are both BEHIND you, so you dont hear anything. But when you change the view to outside, you can hear the boxer roar:sly:

No, no, no..
You should try with 'mono' in the audio settings.
There's no sense in hearing only the wind while in the 'in-car' view
Try mono, and you will hear a real engine!!! (Try it with the Shelby Cobra)
 
Back