Which Wheel to Upgrade to?

• Thread starter AlPh4Kil1
  • 9 comments
My G25 has died, the shifter won't shift into gears and I'm not getting a reply from Logitech so I'm thinking of giving it away to a family member.

Now I can't decide which wheel to upgrade to. I can choose either the Logitech G27 or Fanatec Carrera.

Logitech G27
Pros - Better Pedals, Better Table Mount, Lots of buttons
Cons- Small Wheel, not as realistic as the Fanatec.

Fanatec Carrera
Pros - On-the-Fly Adjustability, Bigger Wheel, Better Shifter
Cons - Table Clamp and pedals.

I will be mounting this on a table (unless I can buy/find a table and drill holes in it) and will be playing on the PC maybe a PS3. I live in Australia so clubsports, t500rs won't be in my price range and I can't buy a Clubsport Table Clamp.

I currently have a Fanatec Carrera.
I'll add some of the cons for it.

-includes with pedals that arent durable
You'll eventually get problems when using the clutch. As when you press on the clutch, it'll map on the brakes as well. Also when you fully apply the brakes, it wont read as 100%

-Loud shifter, but can easily do this mod to remove that annoying click.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/gran-turismo-ps3/1342416-fanatec-gear-shifter-mod.html

If you have the money, get the G27. You're eventually going to spend more money when the Fanatec standard pedals give up on you. =(

EDIT:
Speaking of shifter, I found a G25 shifter only for sale
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G2...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3a6afaf311

Last edited:
Get a G27, very similar feel to the G25, though I find the FFB is smoother and the wheel is quieter, pedals are identical and you might wanna keep your shifter (not sure if it works with the G27) as the G27 shifter doesnt have sequential mode, in exchange you get a very very slightly better H shifter, though the difference is negilible.

Wouldn't bother with the fanatec if you can't get the clubsport pedals.

Just a little bump, I won't be getting the wheel for a while but how about the Fanatec Carrera and then buying the CSR Pedals when they come out?

hi,
As I understand it the G25 shifter doesn't work with the G27, the connections are different, I read a few people mentioned this when the G27 was released without the Sequential option on the gearstick.

Hope this helps

call logitech, tell them your problem and they will offer you a replacement if still in warranty. but i doubt that since g25 isn't that new anymore; however you should be offered a 50% discount code for upgrade, usually get the discount email within the day and you have 30 days to use it, and it must be on full price items on their webstore. at least this is true in the UK as i just had this offered because i was looking for replacement legs for my almost 4 year old G15 keyboard. Logitech has one of the best customer service by quite a margin, only BFG was better.

Then a g27 is better, mainly the mounting system of the wheel and shifter. For the feel I'm not sure but the clamp of the carrera wheels is reli a sxxt. And I guess I won't use a shifter which moves around when a put force on it

If you go fanatec then you need clubsport pedals(which are better than logitech), the shifter is also better than the G27 one, but it is also an optional extra, the whole package would be better but it gets quite pricey at that point. You had a G25 before, so you already know pretty much what you're getting with a G27. More buttons, small improvement with the wheel feel, FFB and less noisy. The bottom line is it is basically the same wheel.

Personally however, I prefer the Logitechs approach to the wheel design being more like a race car wheel when it comes to the driving feel, compared to the bulky Fanatec Porsche wheels based on road cars, even if the Fanatec ones do look nicer.

I bought the Fanatec Carrera. I plan on slowly upgrading though. I got the Final edition because it's a steal. I am upgrading from a Logitech MOMO. For $200 you get the Rennsport Stand, the Carrera wheel, shifter, and pedals. Once I can afford them I will get the new pedals, then probably upgrade to the CSR wheel.

Latest Posts

Back