Which wheels are supported?

• Thread starter Satorian
  • 9 comments
Germany
Dortmund, Germany
Driving Force and Driving Force Pro I know, but besides those which are supported as well?

Momo Force? Momo Racing? Sidewinder?

The black MOMO wheel does work...kinda.

The game thinks it is the GT Force wheel and the only problem I have had with it is the pedals. For some reason the game thinks the pedals are at 100% WITHOUT being depressed. Baiscally the way I was driving was I made my self think the pedal assignments were reversed. Big pain in the a** though but the wheel did give the game a much better feel than the DS2.

I also think this game is a must rent before you buy. Not because of the driving/car models but because of the background of the game. I really did not like it in GT3 when you won a random prize car and I certainly do not like it in this game. The whole points thing is a pain also. Not a bad idea but it does have its flaws, one of them being when another car hits you, you loose points?? I really do not get that one.

Other than that I am going to wait until it is in the bargin bin before I purchase it.

Hmm, just got my PAL copy, I'll test out the black MOMO tomorrow night. I hope that I don't have that issue with the pedals, would be slightly annoying.

I've been wating for a GT4 esque game that supports the MOMO, much as the Driving Force is fun with GT4, the MOMO is by far the better wheel... but Sony removed support for it :crazy: 👎 :grumpy:

I hope this is an okay game, I'll give it a whirl tonight on my g/fs ps2, then when i get home tomorrow I'll try my wheels.

Mike

Okay, the black MOMO works perfectly on the PAL version and is recognised as a gt force (the stick works as well for gear shifts).

For the guy who had problems with pedals, there is a cool PC-esque calibration utility in the wheel config screen that should iron that problem out.

Shame the bump force feedback isnt that great in this game, but thats another story...

MikeCUK28
Okay, the black MOMO works perfectly on the PAL version and is recognised as a gt force (the stick works as well for gear shifts).

For the guy who had problems with pedals, there is a cool PC-esque calibration utility in the wheel config screen that should iron that problem out.

Shame the bump force feedback isnt that great in this game, but thats another story...

I seen that screen and calibrated the wheel left and right but the pedals would not show up. If it makes any difference I was playing it on the slim PS2.

I don't know mate. I was using the PAL version, which has just been released. They may well have tweaked it since then. Having said that I am using a chunky PS2, maybe if some other people come on we will find out for sure.

Seems strange that the pedals didnt come up at all in the calib screen, but its true that the MOMO does not work in *exactly* the same way as the GT Force so the pedals could be where they differ. I assume you've tried unplugging and re plugging in the pedals from the back of the wheel etc.

You could also try it in the Player 2 USB port? I dunno, I'm clutching at straws here.

This is a shame for you though because the MOMO is the perfect wheel for this game!

Mike

MikeCUK28
I don't know mate. I was using the PAL version, which has just been released. They may well have tweaked it since then. Having said that I am using a chunky PS2, maybe if some other people come on we will find out for sure.

Seems strange that the pedals didnt come up at all in the calib screen, but its true that the MOMO does not work in *exactly* the same way as the GT Force so the pedals could be where they differ. I assume you've tried unplugging and re plugging in the pedals from the back of the wheel etc.

You could also try it in the Player 2 USB port? I dunno, I'm clutching at straws here.

This is a shame for you though because the MOMO is the perfect wheel for this game!

Mike

When you go to the calibration screen what does it tell you? I get there and it tells me to turn the wheel left and right and thats it. It does not tell me to press a button when done and it does not tell me to push on the pedals. I am probably going to rerent the game this weekend to see if I can get them to work.

I agree with you that the wheel makes a huge difference. The short time I did play with the wheel there was a noticeable difference from the DS2.

vipergts662
When you go to the calibration screen what does it tell you? I get there and it tells me to turn the wheel left and right and thats it. It does not tell me to press a button when done and it does not tell me to push on the pedals. I am probably going to rerent the game this weekend to see if I can get them to work.

I agree with you that the wheel makes a huge difference. The short time I did play with the wheel there was a noticeable difference from the DS2.

I get the turn left and right and press button to confirm and then I get press right pedal all the way, then press left pedal all the way then press the button. They may have changed it for the PAL version :confused:

Mike

Back