Which would you prefer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dtn23
  • 13 comments
  • 786 views

How would you prefer to get your cars?

  • Like it is now with no changes.

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Be given one of each car so you can just drive them.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A refined method from PD which involves less griding and/or luck to get to your favorite cars.

    Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Other: please explain in a post.

    Votes: 1 4.5%

  • Total voters
    22
Messages
492
Messages
GREENTELLATUBBY
This is just a random thought I had while scrolling through the forums and pondering how I will get some of the most rare and expensive cars now with the trade limit, not really complaining just a thought:

Right now it takes endless hours of grinding and a large amount of luck to find that car you really want. Say maybe the 2J Race Car. First you have to stock pile 15 million Cr. and get lucky enough to find it. Now although this does make the car very special (maybe) once you get it, I'm sure some people would rather just find an easy way to actually enjoy driving it.

So the question: would you rather...

Keep the game as is and rely on luck and grinding?
Have an option to be given one of every car so you can experience the driving in the "real driving simulator" instead of grinding?

I'm sure most of you will elect to keep it as is, but I'm curious to see how many of us would rather just drive than bother with endless grinding to be able to actually drive.
 
I liked the freeplay section in Forza where all the cars were available but you couldn't modify them at all. It was nice because you could test drive everything before paying it. Or just drive a car that you didn't really feel like paying for.


If you had one of every car, there would be nothing to achieve...

Maybe for you. I, and many others couldn't care less about collecting all the cars. I bought the game to run time trials and online races. My "achievement" is taking a few tenths off my lap times.
 
They should let you drive all the cars in Arcade mode and in the recommended garage.
If you don't want people using any car online, just turn off the recommended garage.
 
If you had one of every car, there would be nothing to achieve...

That may be true but for some people it's not all about achieving something, some people just may want to enjoy driving all of the cars however they please without being forced to grind for them. Repeated oval lapping isn't a huge achievement :/
 
They should let you drive all the cars in Arcade mode and in the recommended garage.
If you don't want people using any car online, just turn off the recommended garage.

Just a simple solution and I love it. Can't believe I didn't think of it :ouch:
 
.

Maybe for you. I, and many others couldn't care less about collecting all the cars. I bought the game to run time trials and online races. My "achievement" is taking a few tenths off my lap times.

This! 👍 👍 👍
Personally, having reached Lvl 32 A-Spec, golding every license, beaten every special event, and hit the credit cap several times, I'd probably take the opportunity if given to have every car at the snap of a finger, just to have the chance to drive them, test them, tune them, etc.. That is where the true fun lies for me :)
 
Unlock all. It's a shame that developers feel the need to cheapen games with things that interfere with gameplay. If they're worried about sales, just make the game good. Unlocks are not needed. And, it's possible to have unlocked/locked items in the same game and please everyone.

They should let you drive all the cars in Arcade mode and in the recommended garage.

That would mean no tuning though, unless they changed how the recommended garage works.
 
I liked the freeplay section in Forza where all the cars were available but you couldn't modify them at all. It was nice because you could test drive everything before paying it. Or just drive a car that you didn't really feel like paying for.

This
 
I think so far the best idea I heard was one I excluded :(
I really like the idea of being able to drive a car in arcade mode, then having the option to look into buying it to be tuned once you've driven it. Gives you a chance to drive and still provides motive to progress in the game :D
 
Every time you get 1st place in an A-spec Event you get a free car ticket to buy the one you like.

The harder the event the higher car level you can get. So you don't have to race to buy cars, You use the money to tune them.
 
Every car should be available to obtain with reasonable time and effort put in. The problem in GT5 is this just simply not the case, when the quickest way to earn a certain car requires 20 or so hours grinding there's something wrong. Looking at the A-Spec and B-Spec payouts, a Le Mans prototype should cost no more than 2 million, a Ferrari F1 slightly more at 3 million and the so-called rare and valuble cars, 5m and not a penny more. Had it been done this way, most people wouldn't have even bothered duping, they would have just played the game knowing that the cars they want were well within reach.
 
Less grinding but same difficulty to find cars in the UCD/OCD would be ideal for me.
 
Back