WHITE KNUCKLE RACING: Spider and Roadster in the Lotus Elan S1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Slow
  • 8 comments
  • 878 views
Messages
762
Due to the circumstances I found myself taking the Lotus Elan S1 '62 to the beginner hall 'Spider and Roadster' compo. And I reckon than other than the Autobianchi at the Lightweight Cup I hadn't had to work so hard for three wins.

The last race (Infineon) was the closest finish (won by 0.016 seconds) thanks to the the last straight being fairly long, me putting two wheels in the grass before the last hairpin and the other cars being able to out-accelerate the little Elan quite badly. It was a 141 point race and the other cars were : Toyota MR2 '92, Mazda Mx5, Mercedes CLK, Peugot 206 and Opel Speedster.

Here is a link to the video. Just note that at the end I switched views so that it shows the car that is chasing me so the +0.016 in red letters is from the second place car and not from me (coz I won the race :-) )


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=125DPXM2


P.S. The site does not work on MACs... (You won't see the linky to download)
 
Mr.Slow
Due to the circumstances I found myself taking the Lotus Elan S1 '62 to the beginner hall 'Spider and Roadster' compo. And I reckon than other than the Autobianchi at the Lightweight Cup I hadn't had to work so hard for three wins.

The last race (Infineon) was the closest finish (won by 0.016 seconds) thanks to the the last straight being fairly long, me putting two wheels in the grass before the last hairpin and the other cars being able to out-accelerate the little Elan quite badly. It was a 141 point race and the other cars were : Toyota MR2 '92, Mazda Mx5, Mercedes CLK, Peugot 206 and Opel Speedster.

Here is a link to the video. Just note that at the end I switched views so that it shows the car that is chasing me so the +0.016 in red letters is from the second place car and not from me (coz I won the race :-) )
I hated to see such a great accomplishment go by without acknowledgement. The Elan is truely a great little car. I bet it was quite a race against that lineup, especially the Speedster.

👍 👍 👍

JParker
 
I hope to see it some day. The download is coming in at 2.88 KB/Sec on my 3-meg cable connection...
 
The download is a php file. What format is that. Windows media player can't run it.
 
JParker
The download is a php file. What format is that. Windows media player can't run it.

I'm getting an .MOV file, which Apple's Quicktime will run.

(Download speed is now down to 2.48 KB/sec...)
 
php is a programing language, if you're getting that, you're getting the wrong thing.
 
JParker, the file is a 6MB Quicktime file. But you have to go to the link in a browser first because it is hosted in a free site and they don't give you the direct link to the file. They make you see some wanky ad first.

Zardoz, The best part (I think) is that I didn't even see the MR2 coming at the end. I was concentrating on blocking the MX-5 5 and it I thought he was gonna go to my right so I moved a little more in that direction and only blocked the MR2 unintentionally :-)

Ferrari-Chris, I haven't posted the results there. I usually post results in that thread every couple of weeks or so. And only if they are close or higher to the currently listed. So, if there is another listing there with 200 points for those races I may not even bother.
 
Back