Who beats Lewis Hamilton on Suzuka?

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 16 comments
Zocker16_GTRP
With the Mercedes F1 W08 EQ Power+ 2017 in the game we can now challenge F1 driver Lewis Hamilton in his own car. :D

In 2017 he smashed the track record on Suzuka to a stunning 1:27.319 during Qualifying. :bowdown:

I tried to beat his time in GT Sport. No driving aids apart from ABS and no Setup changes, i only increased downforce to 1560 / 2070.
The best time i could do so far is 1:27,737. I think it´s possible to beat Hamilton´s time with a perfect lap. I lost about 0,1-0,2 sec through the last corner. :boggled:

Do you think using super softs would be a more realistic option?

Edit: come to think of it, looks though Hamilton has soft tyre on? Can’t remembrr what red was last season

Do you think using super softs would be a more realistic option?

Edit: come to think of it, looks though Hamilton has soft tyre on? Can’t remembrr what red was last season

Red was super soft, with yellow being soft.

But you need to remember we have no idea how soft last years supersoft F1 tyres are in comparison with the compounds in game. Remember this years soft is last years supersoft, with all tyres being a step softer!

i.e. tyre compounds are relative - soft is softer than medium, which is softer than hard is all we can accurately say!!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...e-superhard-join-pirellis-2018-tyre-line.html

It´s done! :D

Six weeks after my first try, i beated Lewis Hamiltons laptime on Suzuka and knocked down my own record to 1:26.983. :cheers:
It´s the first time i did this combo since they patched the downshifting bug of the Mercedes F1. The car is much easier to drive now and also lap times are definitely faster now. Made a small change in my aerodynamic settings and drove with a little higher downforce this time. Anything else is stock.

It´s done! :D

Six weeks after my first try, i beated Lewis Hamiltons laptime on Suzuka and knocked down my own record to 1:26.983. :cheers:
It´s the first time i did this combo since they patched the downshifting bug of the Mercedes F1. The car is much easier to drive now and also lap times are definitely faster now. Made a small change in my aerodynamic settings and drove with a little higher downforce this time. Anything else is stock.

Does Hamilton take Degner wide open throttle in real life?
Goddamn

I'm not trying to make the OP and the record break less relevant, but we gotta wait and see what will happen at Suzuka this year.

2018 F1 cars are breaking lap records every weekend and plus, Hamilton seems to be on fire during qualifying sessions.

What he did today at Singapore... it was supernatural. The guy may be hated, but man... when we talk about speed at one flying lap and one lap only... the guy is the best on the grid right now.

The DRS actually opens up on every single straight. Not to detract anything from OP though, I don't think I can do the same :lol:
That’s interesting. Does it close when steering angle gets to a certain threshold?

If it just depends on throttle and brake, that would be scary otherwise.

That’s interesting. Does it close when steering angle gets to a certain threshold?

If it just depends on throttle and brake, that would be scary otherwise.
Yes I believe so. I think it's a combination of steering angle and throttle. Correct me if I'm wrong but DRS doesn't open on the long right kink just before spoon because of it

Some people here seem to think GT remotely resembles a simulator. It doesn't.

Lewis Hamilton just Won The Singapore Grand Prix. 👍 :cheers: Wow what a race.

Nothing happened in the race besides Perez deliberately crashing into people. Would not call it a good race by any stretch of the imagination.

Back