Who can explain this to me? The only person I can think of is Einstein but he's dead!

• Thread starter Craig HP
  • 8 comments
So I go to youtube and look up Gran Turismo 2 Glictches, and then I see a video about a 35000hp Nissan R90 GT1 on the Test Course, so I go and watch it. But something confused me about this video. I have posted it below, now you watch it...

Now, I think I am correct when I say that car was doing a very good impression of Ozzy Osbourne. Can some explain to me why it was making this sound, or is this a case were I need to go back in time and find Albert Einstein?

The sound of the engine, seems to be an increase in frequency, thus rather than getting an engine growl, you get a high pitched sqeal. If you speed up (increase) the frequency by 600-800% (by cheating) the sound get higher in pitch. Rather than a frequency of around 50-100 Hz, it becomes somewhere around 25-50 KHz, which is a far higher pitch. The above is just an example, I'm not sure about the exact frequencies.

The same thing happens with my GT3, 600,000HP Shelby Cobra.

The sound of the engine, seems to be an increase in frequency, thus rather than getting an engine growl, you get a high pitched sqeal. If you speed up (increase) the frequency by 600-800% (by cheating) the sound get higher in pitch. Rather than a frequency of around 50-100 Hz, it becomes somewhere around 25-50 KHz, which is a far higher pitch. The above is just an example, I'm not sure about the exact frequencies.

The same thing happens with my GT3, 600,000HP Shelby Cobra.
Is the UFO noise similar to that?

The R390 in the video is afflicted with the dreaded UFO noise. Ah, my old nemesis...

Common reasons for this sound included (if I remember correctly)

Putting a muffler on a "special car" engine

Putting a Turbo upgrade on a NA style engine

er...seems like there were a couple other ways, but I can't remember atm. All via hybridding of course.

Oh, and that R390 is waaay overdone. You don't need 35,000 hp to break the speed limits, I did it many times with as little as 2200 :P

The R390 in the video is afflicted with the dreaded UFO noise. Ah, my old nemesis...

Common reasons for this sound included (if I remember correctly)

Putting a muffler on a "special car" engine

Putting a Turbo upgrade on a NA style engine

er...seems like there were a couple other ways, but I can't remember atm. All via hybridding of course.

Oh, and that R390 is waaay overdone. You don't need 35,000 hp to break the speed limits, I did it many times with as little as 2200 :P
I was thinking myself that it was a bit much. By the way, I didn't make the video, and that is not me driving either, I just found this on YouTube.

Hmm...I think it sounds more like the guy from The Darkness, or whatever that band's called
:lol: I was actually talking aboyt the fact that Ozzy Ozbourne swears a lot. But that means I should have said it sounds like a censor beep machine!

Back