Who can tune the fastest RX7 ?

• Thread starter thekidvid
  • 7 comments
... i wonder if any one can tune A mazda rx7 02' to be the fastest RX7 ever... i made a tuned version but i want to know if any one can do better... it lapped the Nurneburg ring in 7:05 minutes!!!! (racing editions are not allowed ,,use the road car with MS tires)

I'd also be interested in seeing what people come up with for their tunes.

With a stock turbo on an otherwise fully modded '02 on S1 tires, I managed a 7:11.XX around the 'Ring with a less-than-perfect lap.

With your suggested MS (S2?) tires and upgraded turbos (Original?), there should be plenty of sub-6:30:XX times.

Mine went under 1.40 on GVS.. And it's still under development.

R tires and max power though.

He's looking for S2s... Which both my setups are fine with. 1:28 at Trial isn't a joke on S3s and I believe 1:30s are possible with S2s at the same powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa level.

I'm pretty sure it can be driven on S2's.. If you have Ayrton Senna's feet.

Edit: Swapped S2's on, few test laps and then to the ring. result: 6'51.641, with a lot of room for improvement due to driver that was "scared out of his wits".. :nervous:

Last edited:
Update:

Gah, S2s feel a bit weird to me after using S1s on tuned production cars for so long.

I put S2s on a stock turbo--but otherwise fully modded 02--and pulled a 7:05.XX around the Ring after a few laps.

I then swapped in an Original turbo and struggled to clock lower than a 6:42.XX.

Surely someone with a better tune and driving skill can drop that significantly lower, as I am mediocre at best.

"scared out of his wits"..

I know, right? Some of those 2nd gear corners were a bit...dramatic.

Last edited:
Back