Who do you prefer over who?

  • Thread starter Thread starter guitr_freek
  • 21 comments
  • 1,154 views
Messages
6
Would you rather have any model of a Maybach or any model of a Rolls-Royce? Explain why you would have that one over the other. I'm really interested to hear what some might say. I would take the Rolls-Royce because I believe it's better looking and you can also have an incredible experience in the driver's seat or in a passenger's seat. While in the Maybach, most of the experience is in the back passenger's seats. Don't get me wrong, Maybachs are great cars, but I think Rolls-Royces beat them in the long run.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jtMBibeMKbY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R7NuzpZG9R8
 
Actually I'd rather have a Bentley, especially the Continental T
continental_3.jpg
 
Yup yup, it's both luxurious and sporty, with a Turbocharged V8, 650lb-ft of torque at 2200 rpm, and 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.
 
I'll take a Drophead Coupe, thanks. Maybach is nothing but a bunch of over-dressed previous-generation Mercedes-Benz S-classes.

rolls-royce-phantom-drophead-1_48.jpg


FTW
 
I'll go far left-wing and take a Mk. III Jaguar XJ.

Then take the extra $$ and spend it on a few 'Vettes and Vipers.

But seriously, between the Royce and Maybach... I hate them both, as I find them genuinely ugly. I'd go to the Maybach if forced.
 
Damnit, I forgot about Jaguar. They're usually my pick with almost everything. There were a couple of XFs there when I drove by today, and I wanted to go drive one. But htere is a problem with driving by at 11Pm at night or whatever... I just wanna see how the shifter thingy works inside.
 
Personally, I wouldn't buy either the Roller or the Maybach. I don't particular like either of them. If I was in that kind of market I'd probably wait until the Aston Martin Rapide came out, as it then means I have a car from my favourite car company in the world and its practical as well as looking good. A win win situation if you ask me.
 
I'd rather have the Maybach because since it looks just like an S-Class, no one would be running at me trying to get my picture.
 
Maybach - from what I know they're more luxurious than the Roller.

And who would buy either of these cars as a driver's car anyway? If you want to drive it, there's much better cars out there for that money. The Maybach and the Rolls Royce are designed for the owner to be driven in. :indiff:
 
I'll take a Drophead Coupe, thanks.
What is UP with Rolls Royce and the bizarre headlights? They've got the frontal area of a delivery truck to work with, and they keep coming up with this completely oddball variety of things that look like anything in the world BUT a simple, elegant headlamp/indicator housing.

It's like they hired Chris Bangle to do all the headlights, but no other part of the car. Or maybe the guy who designs Japanese robot suits.
 
Of the two options given, the Maybach.

And I'll take the Landaulet, please.
 
What is UP with Rolls Royce and the bizarre headlights?

Hmmm, I guess I never thought about it before. I just hate the Phantom, personally. If you ask me, the Drophead and the Coupe are everything that they should have been a while back... Looking like proper Rollers...

Otherwise, I generally prefer to keep my Rollers old-school:

800px-Rolls.arp.850pix.jpg


Which reminds me: I drive by one almost every morning on the way to school, only its blue instead. Odd, because its been raining a lot. Normally they don't work then...
 
Personally, I wouldn't buy either the Roller or the Maybach. I don't particular like either of them. If I was in that kind of market I'd probably wait until the Aston Martin Rapide came out, as it then means I have a car from my favourite car company in the world and its practical as well as looking good. A win win situation if you ask me.
I couldn't agree more, I'd take a Rapide too. Astons are the best cars in the world at the moment imo when viewed next to comparable cars.
 
I'd have a Bentley Brooklands. Then I would get a celebrity to sleep with me in the car. I would then buy a Golf V GTi and take the 20" wheels off the Brooklands and somehow fit them to the Golf. As a finish I would sell the Brooklands on eBay for twice the sum I bought it for; a celebrity has slept in the car, there are plenty of idiots out there. This is a much cooler way than fitting Brooklands wheels bought from eBay on the Golf ;)
 
i'll take whichever is more expensive, sell it and get a fleet of really cool non poseur cars.




BMW 2002 alpina
mk1 euro ford escort
land rover defender 130 crew cab
datsun 510
alfa 1750 gtv quattrofoglio
(eagle) jaguar e-type
lotus cortina
AMG 6.0 widebody hammer coupe
cadillac 68 coupe de ville
68 (not 69) pontiac trans am
triumph scrambler
BMW R1200gs adventure
aprillia RSV mille
mercedes 300GD gelaendewagen


well, except for a mercedes 600. that'd be my poseur car.

and i'd probably still have money left over
 
neanderthal
well, except for a mercedes 600. that'd be my poseur car.

That's genius. 👍👍


Neither the Maybach or the Rolls. I'd find a house and a Mercedes 600. :dopey:
 
Hm...Ultra-lux sedan that's nice on the roads...

or THIS.

pagani-zonda-f.jpg


Pagani, please. It's almost as nice inside...and WAY faster.
 
I don't understand why people contribute to these threads just to say they don't want any of the choices provided, then proceed to post other choices.

It's pointless.

:indiff:
 
and i dont understand why people have to create the same kinds of threads over and over and over again.

weve had all kinds of threads about which car would you like.
should we do a toyota vs honda one next. perhaps be more specific corollas vs civics. in fact, eg vs ae92.
how about mercedes vs bmw. no, specifically e34 vs 124. actually, no make that E30 vs W201. or should it be which would last longer, the 123 or 126.
should we go over the hubcap designs and try to see which one is better. which one will give better fuel economy. which one will give more horsepower. which mirror will make the most improvement. which sticker will update the interior best. which air freshener will get you laid more.

enough of these silly which would you prefer threads. theres a fantasy cars thread here somewhere. use that. stop using bandwidth.
 
What is UP with Rolls Royce and the bizarre headlights? They've got the frontal area of a delivery truck to work with, and they keep coming up with this completely oddball variety of things that look like anything in the world BUT a simple, elegant headlamp/indicator housing.

They've made the Phantom and it's variants so huge that the normal placing of the headlights, just below the bonnet/hood, alongside the top level of the grill, would make them too high for some market's regulations. This is why they have those odd round lights, which look like extra spot lights but are actually the main head lights - the lights above are really superfluous.

I totally agree that they surely could have come up with a more elegant solution.
 
Back