Who Do You Think Is The Angriest Band Ever?Music 

Chelsea_is_dead

(Banned)
Messages
8
For me, there's two that stand above the rest:

Cannibal Corpse-What can be more angry than a band that sin-er, I mean "Scream" about murder suicide, death, and gore. Plus they wrote arguably the angriest album ever, The Bleeding AND arguably the angriest song ever 🤬 With A Knife. How more angry can you get than that?

Mudvayne Now, this is where things get tricky. How do call a band like Mudvayne one of the angriest bands ever when, quite frankly, they have absolutely NOTHING to be angry about? And if you doubt me, just look at their thank-yous for their debut album, L.D. 50. They 🤬 turned to mush in thanking their friends and families for, and I'm quoting them, "For your undying support". Now, I'm not a real big fan of either band, but if I'm not mistaken, (and CC fans, you can correct me on this) if Cannibal Corpse ever thanked somebody on one of their albums, it would be something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ditka-Chicago-Famous-Autographed-Photograph/dp/B0007U6M1

So, anyway, you're wondering why I have Mudvayne as my angriest band of all time. Well, I've got two simple reasons:

1. THEIR SCREAMING. No other band on the planet screams as often as these guys AND THEY DON'T HAVE A REASON TO BE ANGRY.

2. THEIR LYRICS Some in which I can't repeat here. if you want to take a peek, go here:

http://www.azlyrics.com/m/mudvayne.html

So, everybody has a different favorite, so please feel free to chime in with your favs Thanks!!!
 
Guns 'n Roses: (the original lineup: Steve, Duff, Izzy, Slash)

They had to deal with Axl. Do I win?
 
Linkin Park...they scream about how they want to all kill themselves.
 
Linkin Park...they scream about how they want to all kill themselves.
:lol::lol:

Cannibal Corpse gets my nod on this one. One of the most disturbing bands on earth. You certainly can't play "Hammer Smashed Face" at church.
 
Limp Bizkit


I did it all for the nookie
C'mon
The nookie
C'mon
So you can take that cookie
And stick it up your, yeah!!
 
The Go Go's... on their period.
 
Let's not confuse bitchiness with anger.
 
B0007Y87V8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Oh, the angst.
 
Hmm... It can sometimes be hard to discern anger & screaming in music. So I'll just list some of the most chaotic bands out there.

Agoraphobic Nosebleed (From Wiki)

Agoraphobic Nosebleed's music is often described as "cybergrind", that is: grindcore utilizing drum machines and other electronic sounds. Through the use of drum machines, the band has been able to play songs with over a thousand BPM. The lyrics usually revolve around subjects such as drugs and violence.

The band is known for the conciseness of its songs: Their album Altered States of America features 100 songs (including one hidden) in just over 20 minutes, many songs clocking in at 5 seconds or less.


Some more...

Ion Dissonance
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Gerogerigegege
 
The Sex Pistols. They were so p:censored:d off with their record company they recorded a whole album about it.

I think George Michael had record company problems too, didn't he? So did The Sisters Of Mercy. I'd imagine they were all quite angry about being ripped off for years.

EDIT: Perhaps it's Elton John. He was obviously very angry with the press at some airport in the Far East some time ago. It was all over the news here. He's not a band, though, unless one man bands count.
 
Linkin Park...they scream about how they want to all kill themselves.
They've got more of a pseudo-anger about them. Like Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, Death Cab for Cutie, The Used, Panic! At the Disco. They're "angry" because it's fashionable, not because there's any actual rage there. And even if there is something resembling anger, it comes out as being whiny.
 
What about The Fall of Troy?
Well nobody can describe what is "The Angriest Band Ever" because everybody has different taste in music. Well, i also add those Black Metal bands as well since they hate god. But thats a different topic altogether.....
 
I think some people need to learn the difference between 'angry' and 'gory'. I wouldn't call Cannibal Corpse angry, they just have some messed up lyrics and like playing heavy music. I'd probably put Anal C*nt up their as one of the most angry "bands".
 
Slipknot, I'd say... they're always growling about something or other.
 
For me it would have to be Black Flag/Rollins band.....


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollins_Band
Henry_Rollins_2.jpg


...but for the single angriest song it would have to be Rage against the machine for 'Killing in the name', just the close of the un-edited version is enough to get that award.


Regards

Scaff
 
N.W.A. were as angry as anyone in their day.
 
Perhaps it's Elton John. He was obviously very angry with the press at some airport in the Far East some time ago. It was all over the news here. He's not a band, though, unless one man bands count.

How can you consider a artist that: a) doesn't write his own lyrics (or at least he didn't back in the '70s, but I digress) and b) a homosexual to be angry?

(Acturry, I take that first bit back. Look at Britney Spears. she must be PISSED at the songwriter who wrote "Gimme More" right now, considering how much the critics hate the damn song. Also, I have a confession to make. I always thought for a long time that Spears and her sister Jamie-Lynn, Mandy Moore, and Mischa Barton were mixed [Or as Rush Limbaugh called Barack Obama, "Half-ican-American]. That is, until I found out that all three have white parents. So, what do you guys think? Personally, I've never seen a woman with a brown tan before, but I'm not that cultured.)
 
Green Day.

How angry would you have to be to take on the goverment!
 
Hmmm angry hey? Well there are many "angry bands", but nearly all of them are tosspots screaming into a mic wearing weird masks and biting animals heads off whilst singing about raping a donkey whilst slitting it's throat.....

A real "Angry sound" sounds like Queens of the Stone Age's "Songs for the deaf" or Silverchair's "Frogstomp"
 
I would still say Cannibal Corpse. You'd have to be full of rage to be f'd up enough to make the lyrics they do.

How angry would you have to be to take on the goverment!

Not very considering that everybody does.
 
For me it would have to be Black Flag/Rollins band.....

Regards

Scaff

I don't think the band itself was angry enough. Henry Rollins was, that's for sure; but in most of their videos, you could see the band was jammin'
 
Deicide can, well always, sound angry. But between them and Cannibal Corpse I am not too sure.
 
How can you consider a artist that: a) doesn't write his own lyrics (or at least he didn't back in the '70s, but I digress) and b) a homosexual to be angry?

Well, he was yelling and swearing and pushing at the members of the press who had gathered to meet him while repeatedly calling them "rude, vile pigs". He really looked very upset to me.
 
EDIT: Perhaps it's Elton John. He was obviously very angry with the press at some airport in the Far East some time ago. It was all over the news here. He's not a band, though, unless one man bands count.

Elton John isn't angry at the world, he's just bad tempered in a camp, over-privileged way.

I wish his music was band.
 
Hey, the thread asked who was the angriest band ever, I just called it like I saw it :)

If anything, he can be excluded because he's not a band. But he was definitely, undeniably, certifiably very angry at those reporters. The thread wants angry, well Elton, in no uncertain terms, put angry on the six o'clock news that night. :sly:

Anyway, my votes still go to Sex Pistols and Sisters of Mercy, as both were motivated enough to produce an entire album solely from their displeasure with their record companies.
 
Look up G.G. Allin. My vote goes to him, just for the insane crap he did.
 
Back