Who else likes.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan81
  • 9 comments
  • 816 views
Messages
2,641
The fact that money is far harder to come by in GT5 than GT4? I remember in GT4 I simply had to keep doing Cote d'Azur Rally 3 laps over and over and each time I'd get about 1.3 million credits. With GT5, it forces you to really think in the earlier events what cars to spend your money on. No more willy-nilly just spending left, right and centre. Same way, you only win prize cars ONCE, not 50 times and sell them for 500,000 credits each time.
I'm appreciating my cars far more in GT5 than I ever did in GT4 :)
 
Kinda goes against my comments in my latest thread :D

In seriousness, I haven't struggled money-wise so far. I would only struggle if I absolutely had to buy one of the 20,000,000 cars (to complete the game). And even then I'd refuse to buy it; leave the game on 99% complete.

The problem is, it has forced us to grind and grind and grind.
 
Not me. I'm getting tired of racing on Indy for money. 👎
 
The fact that money is far harder to come by in GT5 than GT4? I remember in GT4 I simply had to keep doing Cote d'Azur Rally 3 laps over and over and each time I'd get about 1.3 million credits. With GT5, it forces you to really think in the earlier events what cars to spend your money on. No more willy-nilly just spending left, right and centre. Same way, you only win prize cars ONCE, not 50 times and sell them for 500,000 credits each time.
I'm appreciating my cars far more in GT5 than I ever did in GT4 :)
What? In GT4 it was the Capri Rally 2 laps forward 2 laps reverse $10,000 plus the Rally Raid car which was worth $265k for a total of about $275k depending on the car used would take 7-10 minutes of racing + screen loading, car award then going to the garage to sell it and the screen loads required. total about 15 minutes or so.

GT5 American championship in a good car takes under 4 minutes and awards $117,000 then can be restarted and ran again and again. in the same time period as you would have gotten the $275k on GT4 you can get $351k on GT5.
 
No, it forces you to grind. Not to choose the right car.
 
It does seem to take a little longer to reach a comfortable position where you can pretty much afford what you want (within reason), i'm at that stage now I guess, have been consistently over 1 million credits for a while, most I had was about 5.5 million when I was saving for the FGT, and now I have over 3 million and a ton of collectible cars. I'm grinding a little for experience now and credits are a bonus, whereas up to a certain point it was the other way around.

I would still struggle to afford many cars over 4 million though but there are very few of these, and some are prize cars at various stages. I'm still yet to really hit the premium dealerships fully too, as I mostly buy standard cars when the ones i like turn up, but I don't really have many of those left I really want :)
 
Uh..... I don't find it's that hard.... I have 3,000,000 ++ money at the moment. Of course at the beginning, it's hard, but it gets easier.
 
In the beginning it was a bit hard (people who only start with the game now will have less issues because of the seasonal events), but now I have 13+ million and nothing really neccessary to buy because most of the fast and good cars are won during events/licenses etc. Except for the FGT and a DTM car and some less expensive cars.

If you save money from the beginning and don't tune/buy it all away you'll have more than enough credits.
 
What? In GT4 it was the Capri Rally 2 laps forward 2 laps reverse $10,000 plus the Rally Raid car which was worth $265k for a total of about $275k depending on the car used would take 7-10 minutes of racing + screen loading, car award then going to the garage to sell it and the screen loads required. total about 15 minutes or so.

GT5 American championship in a good car takes under 4 minutes and awards $117,000 then can be restarted and ran again and again. in the same time period as you would have gotten the $275k on GT4 you can get $351k on GT5.

Good point, well made. 💡

edit: I think because of the monotony of going round and round and round on Indy it seems more boring than Capri Rally on GT4 where we at least had to turn right quite a lot :D
 
Back