Who has the rights to Maserati?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ducati
  • 23 comments
  • 709 views
Messages
260
I'm sure im asking a pretty tough question to answer, but since you guys seem to know alot more than i thought most people could know about GT3...I'm gonna give it a shot.

In GT2, there were SO many dfferent manufacturers, especially from Europe and all those foreign countries. I know Lamborghini, McLaren, and Ferrari happen to be owned (in the gaming world) by Electronic Arts, but by any chance, do you guys know who owns the gaming rights to Maserati
maserati.gif
?

sorry but i'd love to see the Maserati Spider among others in a game like this, and was wondering if it will ever be possible!

PicFetch
 
Thanks guys! makes tons of sense, they do have the same styling....man i should have known :D :D
 
Originally posted by mindless_dude
Maserati is for ferrari so ferrari own them

Nah I believe Maserati is owned by Fiat, whuch also owns Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Lancia. I see no real reason why Polyphony couldn't get the rights for the Mazza.
 
must......kill.....all....EA's.......games......and.......rights
 
yeah, when u look at the fiat tubo coupe in gt3, it has a certain maseratiness about it :)
 
You love the Fiat Coupe don't ya?? ;) 👍
It's good lookin'.... 4 sure!!!! :trouble:
 
Well another question about this came to mind...
EA has the rights to
chevrolet.gif
Chevrolet and
dodge.gif
Dodge and
opel.gif
Opel etc.

so does Polyphony!!

why can't both EA and Polyphony have the rights to
horse.gif
ferrari? is it Ferrari's choice to only let one company represent them? or is it deeper than that? :confused:
 
yea thats a good question..why can't Polyphony and EA own the rights to Ferrari and the other cars...?
 
Originally posted by CarAlot
yea thats a good question..why can't Polyphony and EA own the rights to Ferrari and the other cars...?

I suspect that EA wants exclusive licenses and try for that in every case. Some manufacturers probably feel it is in their best interest to have their cars in more than one game so stick it out for non exclusive licenses.

Indirectly therefore Ferrari may have chosen to only be in EA games by not sticking it out.

Someone else said in a different thread that maybe Ferrari don't want to be beaten in a game by Skylines and the like.
 
Originally posted by RX-7 Turbo II
You love the Fiat Coupe don't ya?? ;) 👍
It's good lookin'.... 4 sure!!!! :trouble:
just did a restart and bout it as soon as i could.

myns royal blue with gold wheels. :D

yup, it gotta be my new fav :D
 
Im guessing EA went to ferrari and McLaren and the likes, and was like

"here is how much we will give you if you let us use your cars..." (throws money on table)

than they were like

"here is how much we will give you if you exclusivly give us the rights to your cars"(signals for dumbtruck filled with gold)

Ferrari dives on the second option and all the gaming communtiy gets skrewed!! BLAH!! id be so bummed if thats actually how it happened....:(
 
Well.. EA racing would be destroyed soon anyway... what games have THEY cranked out lately? NFS2.. o wow..
 
NFS2:HP had some pretty amazing graphics....and well......
that's about all!

I bought that game to see what the hype was about, played it for a while....and this is what i have concluded:

1. Even on the hardest of difficulties...somehow even if your opponent is driving the SAME car, you scream past them:confused:

2. Hot Pursuit mode sucks compared to High Stakes. In High Stakes you actually had to STOP the speeding car to bust them...in hot pursuit 2, you havto hit them REALLY hard and take their ...."LIFE" meter? away? what the heck is with that!

3. Online was so laggy even on ADSL. Then after 15 days of playing every time i try to connect it freezes my computer...so that aspect of the game is gone :banghead:

4. the tracks are rediculously easy!!!!!!!!!! i swear when i installed the game, i hopped in and it was like i knew the tracks by heart....the cars are practically magnetized to the road and corners are rediculously easy to take, even HAIRPINS, you BARELY havto let off the gas in a Lamborghini Diablo 6.0......:odd:


all in all i think EA should have put more time into it....it actually HAD potential. Or they could have put some time into upgrading Motor City Online, that game was awsome for a while....till they all of a sudden dumped it and forgot there was an online community that was PROMISED an update every month.

GGGRRR

Polyphony, gran turismo may have it's slight downsides, but it is still EONS ahead of the competition.
king.gif



*huff* *puff* sorry had to vent my NFS:HP2 angers.
 
I hear you on that nfs:hp2 frustrastion.

I rented the game and won every car. period.

Beat every level, and completely finished the game... all in one rental.

I would have been interested in it beyond that for purchasing and what not, but I wasn't once I saw how "shallow" the content of the game was.

The graphics were awesome and the play was the best for an "arcade style racer."

but it still lacked in content due to the fact that they relied on the hot pursuit mode for half of the game... and the fact that the normal competition mode was easily beaten.

However, I did like the game and if I hadn't bought gt3, I just might have rented the game again to see what sort of replay value it had.

Of course, like I said, I completly unlocked every car, so it was sort of a let down to look for some sort of replay value.

I dont really know, but the bottom line is that gt3 and nfs are totally different genres of racing.

One is an arcade racer and one is a simulation.

I assume you guys know which is which.
 
Well GoKents your right, i guess i shouldnt bash it like i did...it is a great arcade style racer...but if i had the choice between NFS4:HS or NFS:HP2, id choose HS...cuz you can UPGRADE your cars, hot pursuit was actually a challenge, and...well.....

when was the last time you saw a police helicopter launch explosive barrels into a high speed police chase? I really never liked that about HP2....something about that helicopter that made me not want to play the game.

although the matrix style airborn cam was cool!:lol:
 
Actually I didnt mean to knock on you comments about nfs.

I thought they were good and really not bad at all.

I haven't played high stakes, but I will be looking for it as a rental now that I think about it.

Thanks for being quick about your response towards my remards and its all good.

I just like the fact that you actually thought about what I had said and took it into consideration.

But hey, I think its cool that we actually are evaluating nfs instead of just bashing it.

The nfs is without a doubt a decsent game, especially for those who cant keep up with the realism of gt.
 
Believe it or not, GT3 is my first console game after super nintendo 15 years ago.... since then, I was into PC games....

I owned everyone of the NFS games.... and loved them all until I discovered GT3... What a different gaming experience this is... I never thought racing games can be this involving...

The only NFS game I still like is the Porsche Unleashed.... it's better than all other NFS games even the NFS:HP2

I hope EA can understand that getting exclusive license is not going to make better games.... yeah we would love to have Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and more popular super cars in GT3. But without them, GT3 is still far superior than NFS.

GT3 forever!!!:D
 
Wasn't there something somewhere saying that there will be some Ferraris in GT4? On this forum?
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Wasn't there something somewhere saying that there will be some Ferraris in GT4? On this forum?

Yeah, but people say a lot of things.
 
Back